Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 6th June 2021, 13:13   #1
Team-BHP Support

Porsche and Infinity Cars deliver Mumbai’s 1st 718 Cayman GT4

Porsche Centre Mumbai delivered the city’s first 718 Cayman GT4 through its newly opened dealership under Infinity Cars. The Cayman GT4 costs Rs. 2 crores (approx. ex-showroom). Apart from the GT4, the company delivered a Macan SUV as well.

Porsche and Infinity Cars deliver Mumbai’s 1st 718 Cayman GT4-porsche-718-cayman-gt4.jpg

The Porsche 718 Cayman is powered by a 4.0-litre, 6-cylinder horizontally opposed, naturally aspirated engine that develops 414 BHP and 420 Nm @ 5,000-6,800 rpm. The engine can rev to 8,000 rpm and is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission.

Porsche and Infinity Cars deliver Mumbai’s 1st 718 Cayman GT4-porsche-718-cayman-gt4-2.jpg

The Cayman GT4 has a claimed 0-100 km/h acceleration time of 4.4 seconds and a top speed of 304 km/h. The car comes with a fixed rear wing and Porsche Active Suspension Management damping system that lowers the ride height by 30 mm, which in turn, lowers its centre of gravity. This system can be deactivated by the driver. It also gets Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) with a mechanical rear differential lock.

Stopping power is provided by aluminium monobloc fixed-caliper brakes. Porsche Ceramic Composite Brakes (PCCB) are available as an option.
Aditya is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 13:55   #2
BHPian

Re: Porsche and Infinity Cars deliver Mumbai’s 1st 718 Cayman GT4

I've read about cars getting the torque vectoring system, but why would a road biased sports car need a locking diff ? Those are required more in off road situations as far as I've read.
Turbolove is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 15:17   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbolove View Post
I've read about cars getting the torque vectoring system, but why would a road biased sports car need a locking diff ? Those are required more in off road situations as far as I've read.
Sports cars especially Porsches in particular have LSDs for better cornerning and better dynamics. It is specifically used to make their handling sharper.
speedfreak77 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 16:35   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Porsche Centre Mumbai delivered the city’s first 718 Cayman GT4 through its newly opened dealership under Infinity Cars.
Mumbai already got a Miami Blue 718 Cayman GT4 almost a year ago, so this would be the second in the city!
sanojrawap is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 17:34   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

A rear wing, 6-cylinder motor and 8000 rpm. Now this is a Porsche . Not a fan of the 4-cylinder Caymans as much. Ridiculously priced at 2 crores though. If I was spending that kind of money, I'd want something more exotic.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 18:41   #6
Team-BHP Support

wow! if this is indeed the first car to be delivered then I am lost for words.

Porsche got these cars, a batch of around 10-12, 718 Spyders and 718 GT4 sometime in 2020 and whenever I asked their Delhi/ Chandigarh dealership about the offers, they will simply turn me away, saying these are regular and Porsche won't have many left. My last enquiry was around a month back.

It also shows, what a good & competent dealership can do for a brand. Navnit is known to be very good as far as any premium cars are concerned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Ridiculously priced at 2 crores though. If I was spending that kind of money, I'd want something more exotic.

For those, who are keen to know what's the base price and options, enclosed are 2 examples of what they had.

If money, is not a major consideration, 6 cylinder manual Porsche - I think, will hold its value nicely. The PDKs are very good but certain people will always like to have one manual if they can.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 718 GT4.pdf (272.6 KB, 470 views)
File Type: pdf 718 Spyder .pdf (199.4 KB, 320 views)

Last edited by Turbanator : 6th June 2021 at 18:45.
Turbanator is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 19:26   #7
BHPian

Just imagine this car at the price it is supposed to be ie ~ 75 lakh (if converted from the price it is sold at in the USA), then it is probably the BEST first sports-car any person can have at the present time.
QuentinTino is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th June 2021, 22:56   #8
BHPian

At 2 crores, I feel that it is over-priced. It doesn't have a lot of luxurious features, (being the GT4). The taxes on cars alone might make me leave. (JK)

I think it might be negotiably cheaper to import it ourselves. What are your views on this.

Cheers
OctYFAN
Old 7th June 2021, 00:01   #9
BHPian

0-100 of 4.4s isn't impressive. The M340i does it in a similar time and comes at 1/3rd of the price. The top-speed difference isn't a deal-breaker.

But well, who buys a Porsche for value for money. It's the snob value.
sid_deb is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 01:49   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post
0-100 of 4.4s isn't impressive. The M340i does it in a similar time and comes at 1/3rd of the price. The top-speed difference isn't a deal-breaker.

Not really though, the GT4 is developed by the GT division, which makes it track car for the road. 0-100 times don't define how fast or slow a car is, they do have a say, but it's not the final say.

Both these cars aren't even comparable IMO, the Porsche is a naturally aspirated manual mid engined coupe and the Bimmer is a more practical sedan that happens to be blazingly fast.

I don't know about this person who bought it, but most people buy a Porsche for the amazing driving experience it offers and not just snob value
Gamerk is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th June 2021, 11:55   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
wow! if this is indeed the first car to be delivered then I am lost for words.
From what I can tell, this is the 3rd 718 GT4 to be delivered in India. The first one was a Miami Blue, the second was a Yellow one and this is the third.
ChargedGarage is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 06:53   #12

Porsche has gone full on optimistic mode with the recent success they are seeing in India. the track focused GT cars can get away with this because the owners can probably afford to book a track whenever they fancy some real action. Other than that specific use i would be wary taking even a single unfamiliar turn in a city like Mumbai .
PS: Turbantor's build sheet can open up old wounds of any Porsche owner .
contrast stitching @2.33 lakh, top center marking of steering wheel in matching color 0.46 lakh and so on..
i need a pain balm right now.
Carmine_pepper is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 09:39   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_deb View Post

hmm..

Wouldn't a GT4 run circles around a 340i when it comes to the handling, braking and steering feel department?.. not to mention NA 4.0 and 8000 RPM orgasm line.
If one was to judge a vehicle simply by its 0-100 timing might as well just be looking at a kitted out Octavia and find even more 'value for money'.
Maky is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 11:58   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
hmm..

Wouldn't a GT4 run circles around a 340i when it comes to the handling, braking and steering feel department?
True. But on Mumbai roads, the 340i actually might give you 80% the same fun factor.
While I completely disagree that Porsches are bought for "snob value", but I find buying GT Porsches in Mumbai an overkill.

We just don't have the roads in this city. One of the best roads is the sea link which is pretty much a straight so you aren't really flexing on those bends.

Delhi on the other hand is a different story, not only do they have way better roads but they also have a very accessible race track! That's where these cars really come alive.

There are a bunch of GT3s making it to Mumbai and I find way better options that can be had at the price point for Mumbai. For example, a 911 Turbo or turboS is way better for Mumbai than a GT3.

I hope "GT" cars are not becoming "snob value" purchases amongst hardcore enthusiasts

Last edited by Sahil : 9th September 2021 at 12:07.
Sahil is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed