Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2010, 23:14   #1516
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Correction.It is not a 964,its a red 930.Its owned by the same person who owns the 348,yellow 360,430,Sl.I am not sure if it is in kolkata though(although high chances that its here)
Also the owner of park hotel used to own a 997 Carrera before and the car was in kolkata till a few years back.

So the white 993 and this porsche boxster,black 924 are the only "propah" porsche's spotted.Any more porsches(other than cayennes)?
I think there was a Cayman. I might be wrong though.
Old 10th September 2010, 00:14   #1517
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamik.bose View Post
@Suhaas: It was going quite slowly to not let everyone enjoy the aural pleasures that its flat six can provide, but quick enough to not let me fish out my phone and take a snap. He should have done one of those things!
There is always a next time, Shamik!

Quote:
@Cityvic which white porsche?There is also a red porsche 964 also i think.
Oh I'd love to see this?! But I think I may have. There is a picture of it next to a Ferrari. I'm not sure what Ferrari that was; must be a Testarossa or a 348, I'm not entirely sure.

Quote:
There's a white 993, avishar. Saw it once on Camac Street. It has hugely fat tires at the rear. He smoked them going into a side road. Don't know about the 964. Any pictures on the forum?
I also saw a new gen 5-series today. Mistook it for a 3-series from the front. IMHO, lacks the attention grabbing sense the E60 had.
I'm sure I've seen this. This particular 993 is possibly the most gorgeous Porsche in this country. There are very few air-cooled Porsches in India. And this 993 just stands out IMO. We need more pictures of that, up close and personal, perhaps?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
P.S- I wish someone gets a Panamera. Almost every city has it.
Bangalore doesn't have a Panamera, and I'm glad it doesn't! Hoping it stays that way! And I'm hoping they don't multiply in the country either. I really, really don't like it.
Old 10th September 2010, 10:14   #1518
BHPian

Quote:
Porsches are a seriously rare find here(other than Cayennes) yet it is great to find out that there are so many although I haven't spotted any except the 924.

Bangalore has about 30 pokers ( excluding the Cayennes) but not a single Panamera. I hope it stays this way.Its an ugly looking car.
Old 10th September 2010, 11:29   #1519
Senior - BHPian

white porsche and red ferarri 348 - stays in the same garage IIRC. Owner loves BMWs going by their collection. there is a new addition - 190E IIRC.

How many black cayennes are there? yesterday spotted a black WB06 registered Cayenne at Ballygunge Phury.
Old 10th September 2010, 12:07   #1520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by planet_rocker View Post
white porsche and red ferarri 348 - stays in the same garage IIRC. Owner loves BMWs going by their collection. there is a new addition - 190E IIRC.
I was informed the white Porsche is no longer with them.
Old 10th September 2010, 14:17   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Porsches are a seriously rare find here(other than Cayennes) yet it is great to find out that there are so many although I haven't spotted any except the 924.

I guess there is/will be one panamera in kolkata,because i recently heard the panamera that was on display in Cochin showroom had been sold to kolkata as the car couldn't find any buyers in kerala.

This is not a 100% confirmed news,may be someone else can threw in more info.

Last edited by crazybiker46 : 10th September 2010 at 14:18.
Old 10th September 2010, 14:57   #1522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Correction.It is not a 964,its a red 930.Its owned by the same person who owns the 348,yellow 360,430,Sl.I am not sure if it is in kolkata though(although high chances that its here)
Also the owner of park hotel used to own a 997 Carrera before and the car was in kolkata till a few years back.

So the white 993 and this porsche boxster,black 924 are the only "propah" porsche's spotted.Any more porsches(other than cayennes)?
He doesnt own the Porsche, never will actually
Doesnt like them
Old 10th September 2010, 16:34   #1523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

How many black cayennes are there? yesterday spotted a black WB06 registered Cayenne at Ballygunge Phury.
That must be a new one. The other day I saw a Grey Cayenne in the 7 point crossing.
Old 10th September 2010, 18:38   #1524
BHPian

Spotted a Nissan Navara, some 2-3 days back at Hazra crossing. Metallic grey in color and did not have any registration, neither on the front or back.

Sorry, could not take pics. It was gone before I could switch on the camera. Watch out for it. Looks great and had great road presence.
Old 10th September 2010, 19:36   #1525
Senior - BHPian

Kolkata has quite a few cayennes really,must be around 8 or so.I have seen just seen a black one and a dark blue one.

Acha what happened to the fabled Lamborghini?When is it coming?
Old 10th September 2010, 22:02   #1526
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Cityvic which white porsche?There is also a red porsche 964 also i think.
I dont remember vividly,it had ML plates till i remember.

Quote:
There's a white 993, avishar. Saw it once on Camac Street. It has hugely fat tires at the rear. He smoked them going into a side road. Don't know about the 964. Any pictures on the forum?
I also saw a new gen 5-series today. Mistook it for a 3-series from the front. IMHO, lacks the attention grabbing sense the E60 had.
Shamik is the same one which I saw?

Quote:

Avishar the gentleman who owns the yellow 360,black F430 n the Sl also owns a Red 355.Its not a 348

Quote:

I guess there are 2 black cayennes.One wid yellow plates in ballygunje and the other 06 one which you saw.

Quote:
Kolkata has quite a few cayennes really,must be around 8 or so.I have seen just seen a black one and a dark blue one.

Acha what happened to the fabled Lamborghini?When is it coming?
Me too,seriously waiting to spot that car.I heard its going to some home in ballygunje.
Old 10th September 2010, 22:24   #1527
Senior - BHPian

New 06E Silver Q7 4.2 TDi at Rajarhat/VIP road yesterday.
Old 13th September 2010, 09:37   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
New 06E Silver Q7 4.2 TDi at Rajarhat/VIP road yesterday.
Saw a Black Q7 4.2 TDI from the same series on saturday. Yesterday saw a yellow beetle on Lee road.

Also while going in a cab the driver was turning into the lane opposite Big Bazaar Elgin Road and he screeched to a halt as a maroon BMW X6 came right in front. Man what an imposing size and street pressence.
Poor taxi driver had a lump in his throat, after I gave him a hint of the cost of anything he hit of that car.
Old 13th September 2010, 10:12   #1529
Senior - BHPian

The Black Porsche Cayenne S - I guess the 2nd black and latest one in Bongland.

Supercars & Imports : Kolkata-photo0057.jpg

Spotted near Beck Bagan / Park Circus
Old 13th September 2010, 15:33   #1530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Avishar the gentleman who owns the yellow 360,black F430 n the Sl also owns a Red 355.Its not a 348
It is a Red 348, I had gone over to see it the week he bought it
all those yrs ago

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks