Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2007, 16:08   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
I had posted this one before - on the BMW M thread, I think.

An old M3 with a CSL badge - at City Centre, Salt Lake.
Yeah and if IIRC we had told you even then that it wasn't an M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by toiingg View Post
New Alipore + Bobby Nobis = Red Ferrari (although till date i thought he had a 355 Spyder)
Cheers!
Booby Nobis had a 348 that I know of. He was famous because every year he used to fly down a mechanic from Italy/UK or somewhere to service the car!!
Old 9th May 2007, 17:36   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Yeah and if IIRC we had told you even then that it wasn't an M3
Oops ! I must have missed that correction. Tried looking it up in the some threads. Couldn't locate it. Do you recall which telltale sign indicated that it wasn't a M3 ?

EDIT : True .. did some R&D. The spoiler, skirts, front bumper, alloys of the M are missing.

Last edited by shuvc : 9th May 2007 at 17:49.
Old 9th May 2007, 18:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Oops ! I must have missed that correction. Tried looking it up in the some threads. Couldn't locate it. Do you recall which telltale sign indicated that it wasn't a M3 ?

EDIT : True .. did some R&D. The spoiler, skirts, front bumper, alloys of the M are missing.
Apart from that the biggest giveaway was that this is a E30 generation 3-series and in the E30 the M3 was only available as a Coupe but this is a 4-door so no chance of it being an M3!!

Apart from that the E30 M3 had squared off, flared arches which are again not present in this car.

Here are some pictures of an actual E30 M3:

Notice the flared arches & other differences?
Old 9th May 2007, 20:53   #19
Senior - BHPian

Why didn't I see this before! He He, the Cynos stays a couple of yards from my home, which is in Howrah. But then I am not bragging, that Cynos is probably one of the best example of a Looky-mobile. Cynos's used to sell in US as Paseo and which was a coupe verson of Tercel which none of us would love to even touch! Since we would not like to touch a Tercel the Cynos should meet a similar but more nauseatic response since it is made out to look like a sporty car. But then as the general public in our region is unaware, they tend to turn their heads to this red thing and the black thing that just tears this thing apart almost on every occasion is mostly unnoticed :-))

The Other red thing is indeed the 348 read more about spotting of similar cars here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-...ed-bandra.html

The Testarossa and the 512TR (Testarossa's successor) have this swoopy body line going from the center of the front wheel arch and rises above the rear decklid (where one would find the engine that drives the car and not the spare one) The C pillar is also a tell tale sign with the 348 having a triangular rear side glass. This car is kind of a marriage between some cue's of the Testarossa and the 328.

However any Ferrari is "FERRARI" and hence nothing less!

The red BMW in question as it is a RHD should not be confused with the options and choices that were available in the US. This car looking at the bumpers and the skirting and the side blinkers is the post 1989 sports option pack on the 325i (but maynot be the 325is as that was mainly 2 door). However it could also be a lesser BMW given the fact that the owner has carefully hidden its hind-side and given the fact that the owner had the guts to put the M3 Badge on it, the bumpers and the BBS alloys could also be later additions.

He He did a lot of research on the E30 and the E36 in the past few weeks and this is the result.
Old 9th May 2007, 22:11   #20
BHPian

I have seen 1 Range Rover, 2 Cayenne S's, 1 F430, 3 S350s, 1 E30 M3 in the white red and blue stripes in Kolkata
Old 9th May 2007, 22:33   #21
BHPian

Hi,

I had seen 2 jag's near Lakshmi Mittal's house in New Alipore (Burdwaan Rd).. dont remember the model though..

Cheers
Shrey
Old 10th May 2007, 00:22   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI WR6 View Post
1 E30 M3 in the white red and blue stripes in Kolkata
Are you sure about this? Any pictures? And was this RHD or LHD?
Old 10th May 2007, 01:43   #23
Senior - BHPian

Speaking of exotics, I hope Niaz gets here and posts about that low-slung number they built. I think it was called the Qmarri or something.
Old 4th June 2007, 13:29   #24
BHPian

Just saw a grey 745i bangled in Park Circus crossing.
Sweeeeeeeeeeet !

Driver was driving it.
Sorry could'nt take pics.
Old 23rd February 2008, 10:59   #25
Senior - BHPian

Spotted by Karan (ace6120) - Ferrari 348

Old 25th February 2008, 13:28   #26
BHPian

WoW!
I thought that cal lacked exotics, but apparently i was wrong. They are like the hidden jewels there. I knew about a ferrari in alipore and a BMW M3, which belongs to one of my sister's friend. I had no idea that there were 9 ferraris in calcutta. We should try and get these people on the forum and then plead them to give us a test drive. I wouldnt mind driving the porsche tooo.

guys, please put up some more pics of the exotics in cal. I have'nt seen the ferrari 348, that has been posted here. I am amazed that our 'dabba' buses havent gone over it yet.
cheers:
Old 25th February 2008, 19:29   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazydriver84 View Post
WoW!
I had no idea that there were 9 ferraris in calcutta.
cheers:
there are 9 ferraris in calcutta?? are you sure? that must mean the city has the maximum number of ferraris for any city in india because not heard of any city which can boast of these numbers.

PS anyone spotted a lambo?
Old 25th February 2008, 19:35   #28
Senior - BHPian

Ok, some information for the Cal guys, evidently the guy who owns a Ferrari is the CEO of one of the biggest companies in the Tea industry & his father uses a RR. Both are in Cal only.

Evidently the son is a big Ferrari nut! Can anyone confirm if this is for true?
Old 25th February 2008, 20:39   #29
BHPian

Have never seen a RR in calcutta till date. umm... apart from the ones at the vintage car rally and the Mobile Store wala.
Old 26th February 2008, 01:42   #30
BHPian

The E30 M3 was made only in LHD, apart from a one-off that was made for display for Australia of all places. I know because I wanted to import one and was told by BMW ehn I wrote to them that it was'nt ever made in RHD.

Most Viewed