Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2007, 22:08   #31
Senior - BHPian

So, this is the civilian version of the Godzilla.
Planning to do the Speedrun, 2_fast?
Old 16th June 2007, 22:11   #32
BHPian

Firstly when is the Speedrun ? And I normally visit mumbai during XMAS i might meet up at events during that time.
Old 19th June 2007, 17:44   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R32_GTR
Are you refering to an engine transplant? Coz the RB25 and the RB26 are two completely different motors...(im sure you knew that )
Transplant, yes, exactomondo...

@2 fast; Speed run is held during feb...puh-lease make it a point to grace us...
Old 19th June 2007, 18:27   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1 View Post
Transplant, yes, exactomondo...

@2 fast; Speed run is held during feb...puh-lease make it a point to grace us...
The RB25 can be just as lethal..with a bigger turbo..larger injectors..ECU etc etc say a single T88 if one must..for under $10k tops...with tons of unwanted power..

A used RB26 costs around $10K - $15K...a new N1 motor will cost around $22k plus..
Old 29th June 2007, 00:08   #35
BHPian

In terms of cost it all depends on how much you are able to spend. I am hearing someone in India has spent in the region of 40 lacs just to get to 1000 BHP. The RB25DET or the RB26DETT are strong engines and can be modified quite easily due to the amount of parts available.
Old 29th June 2007, 01:04   #36
Team-BHP Support

Nice car you got there, see if you can gather a short while and fill us up on the problems of importing a car like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_fast View Post
I am hearing someone in India has spent in the region of 40 lacs just to get to 1000 BHP.
'just' and '1000 bhp' do not go together mate.

And, i do not buy the existence of a 1000 bhp car in the country, started with a black scooby, then the black supra, and now this Wonder how people make tall claims as 1000 bhp without a dyno for public use in our country.

manson.
Old 29th June 2007, 01:14   #37
BHPian

just wanted to share a pic of a skyline which i saw in a hotel where i stayed in singapore.
ImageShack - Hosting :: skyne0.jpg
Old 29th June 2007, 18:09   #38
Senior - BHPian

Wonderful car bro. At last we get to see a real r34 in Mumbai. Way to go!!

Quote:
and now this Wonder how people make tall claims as 1000 bhp without a dyno for public use in our country.

manson
Manson, all these tall claims are very short lived now. India will finally get a dyno for public use from next week on, starting Wednesday. Installation work in progress.

X
Old 30th June 2007, 00:52   #39
Awaiting Email Confirmation

hmm 2 fast im impressed at your sudden outburst on the fact that I mentioned your car being kitted firstly.Second to that when do we get to see it? And forgive me for repeating a question asked earlier, about how you went through with the import,however my curiosity just seems to bother me at times... please could you help?
oh by the way this is a 4 wheel drive,we are getting a two wheel dyno in India....so ..damn.SOOOOOOO close but yet so far.

Last edited by nitroxx : 30th June 2007 at 00:53.
Old 30th June 2007, 14:00   #40
BHPian

Reference Importing a car to Mumbai: I think I did not prepare as well for what I was about to experience.Shipping the car from the UK was a simple process. Nothing here to do apart from arrange for it to be delivered to the shipping agent and then they would handle the rest for a price that you have agreed with them. Bill of lading made and sent to my self for producing at Nava Sheva in Mumbai.
The complication begins in Mumbai as the clearing agents have to run from pillar to post to get the documents in order and to ensure there are 3 sets of custom inspectors to inspect the contents of the container. All of them have their Fixed bribe money to sign the papers that they have seen it even though the declarations are all in oreder with the required paperwork. (This is a common practice that I was led to understand) After that the appraiser takes his time delaying to sign and accept the paperwork until he will tell you his price for signing which should really be a straight forward exercise. This started getting me annoyed as they are like Blood Suckers. Their attitude is that if you can import such an expensive car then you can jolly well give me a bribe for the work that I am doing. They took two weeks to process the car even after paying the Full Duty as I brought the car on TR. So qualified for some money off the Import duty. They appriaser did whatever he could to delay my clearing agent as in my opinion it felt like daylight robbery. At the end of it I was real happy to get this whole saga over with as I think unless you are prepared it does frustrate you. At one stage I felt that it would be easier for me to Ship the Car back to the UK.The Indian Customs make it a point to frustrate a person to such an extent you will pay them whatever they ask for. This sort of corrupt practice should stop as how are we as Indian going to be taken seriously when we have such blatant corrupt officials.

If only I could complain to a Regulatory Body in India about the extent of corruption it would spare some other poor person this hassle and expense.

Reference seeing the car I am sure you will see the car when I come to Mumbai in the 2nd week of December.
Old 27th July 2007, 22:07   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaKnight View Post
there is another car in dubai gettin redy to shipped to India sayd it is to chennai, saw it at the garage /...
...as to the above quote of mine, i am attaching the fotos of the skyline.
Old 27th July 2007, 22:34   #42
BHPian

from the front

hanging ORVM

its given a wash now earlier it was.......

like this

the side

235/35/17 bridgestones + brembos

note the RHD + the sad state interiors
Old 27th July 2007, 22:46   #43
BHPian

Some photos were taken 3 weeks back and the washed fotos + interior fotos taken today. My eclipse is also serviced by the same guy who services the skyline.This car as told by my mechanic features AED 110000 worth extras bought for the rebuild and is to be shipped to CHENNAI in 2 months time.
However what made my day was this LAMORGHINI COUNTACH also in his garage for an engine rebuild and paint job. believe me this is one helluva spaceship....atleast for me.at first sight i thought it was a kit car but not much time was required to realise it is the original...have a look, i promise more fotos later...(sorry to post the pics in the same tread)

the identity..
Old 28th July 2007, 02:04   #44
Senior - BHPian

After how many days a car brought in under TR be sold in India?
Old 28th July 2007, 02:07   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
After how many days a car brought in under TR be sold in India?
After 2 years..

Mugen.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks