Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2007, 19:14   #16
Senior - BHPian

Since someone mentioned bout 2 phantoms being together.. here are a couple of pics i took sometime back.. the mobile store with one of the most elegantly painted phantom..

Regards,
Mav!
Old 8th June 2007, 19:32   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
frankmehta
This is a forum and everybody can post their opinions as long as it doesn't hurt others feeling. In my statement i didn't mean to insult anybody. I was just putting down my opinion. I did see you getting hurt with my statement but can't really figure out what the issue is because of too many pronouns in your post confusing whom you are refering to.
no hard feelings satish. i wasnt referring to anybody in particular but i was just quite bemused by ppl saying stuff like 'how can they' etc...nothing personal man!
Old 8th June 2007, 19:35   #18
Senior - BHPian

I like the Brown one better.

Godfather
Old 8th June 2007, 21:56   #19
BHPian

Yeah man, show them who is the boss. Rolls Royce were already used by Indians as dump trucks this is nothing compared to that.
After all it is just a piece of machine and no matter how illustrious its history is, you paid money and you can use it any way you like. RR is not an Enzo which was sold to a select few. The Phantom will be sold to anyone who can shell out 5 'karod' and that should give the buyer a right to use it anyway he wants, especially in a way that brings the buyer more business.
Old 8th June 2007, 22:02   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

I think post buying a car, it's up to the consumer what he wants to do with it and the manufacturer cannot have a say in the matter.

If I buy a 500L fridge and want to use it as a cupboard for my underwear, that's my problem innit? Samsung's not gonna come a-storming yelling "tomatoes and eggs only, tomatoes and eggs only" are they?

I think the fuss is created because of a wrong report which said something about how the promotion was being done in association with Rolls Royce. Incorrect news. Thats all.
Old 8th June 2007, 22:06   #21
Senior - BHPian

frank

I see you have been bitten by the 'Mobile Store' Phantom bug. Which area is your college or rather what college do you go to? The car was supposed to be in the suburbs today.

The Phantom music system is one of the best I have ever heard so far . The sound clarity is umatched.

Congratulations on your few moments of fame. I'm sure it must have been a wonderful experience for you
Old 9th June 2007, 00:12   #22
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Dippy,

That's D Y Patil, Nerul.
Old 9th June 2007, 00:34   #23
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations man for the awesome experience, I know its going to stay in you mind forever, no matter how bigger or better you make for yourself in your own future. Thanks to the Music company to have let people like you experience this. RR shouldn't have a problem either it just makes it easier for common people to know and experience what cars like the RR have to offer. But the stature of those car makers would prevent them from going to colleges and provide a display.Awesome.

BTW whats the car on the right side of the maroon phantom in Mavericks pic?
Old 9th June 2007, 01:21   #24
Senior - BHPian

methinks its a merc. an E class if im not wrong. with its wing mirror retracted
Old 9th June 2007, 02:03   #25
Senior - BHPian

My take is that its a 7 Series
Old 9th June 2007, 02:05   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Looks like a 7-series, though could be a 5 too but that's unlikely.
Old 9th June 2007, 02:06   #27
BHPian

Yep, looks like a 7 series. There is silver one too next to the red&white rolls.
Old 9th June 2007, 02:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Congratulations man for the awesome experience, I know its going to stay in you mind forever, no matter how bigger or better you make for yourself in your own future. Thanks to the Music company to have let people like you experience this. RR shouldn't have a problem either it just makes it easier for common people to know and experience what cars like the RR have to offer. But the stature of those car makers would prevent them from going to colleges and provide a display.Awesome.

Thats a 7 series no doubt as is the one on the left of the ugly coloured mobile phantom
Old 9th June 2007, 02:14   #29
Senior - BHPian

oooooooooh yeah i forgot..this photo must be in the Navnit Motors warehouse just before delivery of these beauties. that explains the 'lesser' BMWs surrounding the Rolls!!!! im sure now that they're beemers cos Navnit Motors deals in Beemers!
interesting info:(slightly off the topic)--- the daughter of the owner of Navnit Motors studies in my college and i know her pretty well.she drives a swift diesel and she's changed over from a Getz. so i think i might just be able to squeeze in a personal DRIVE of the rolls..very bleak possibility but yeah quite manageable!

Last edited by frankmehta : 9th June 2007 at 02:28.
Old 9th June 2007, 02:18   #30
Senior - BHPian

the 2nd photo explains it all. theres an old 5 series on the service ramp in the background! That's Navnit Motor's Service centre or warehouse!

Most Viewed