Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2007, 15:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

My tryst with the Rolls Royce Phantom! & a Chennai encounter as well...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : We would much appreciate if you dont use excessive dots (.....) while typing out your post. It would improve the quality of your post, and that of our community. We are sure other community readers would benefit from it.

Thanks!

Hi ppl....thats me...this Mobile Store Promotion Rolls had come to my college....gave free rides to us....crazy experience....sharing with ull
by the way the music playing is the mobile song playing on the million speaker setup in the rolls.....massive sound quality
and the fellow is giving voice instructions to the cd player saying 'CD" and 'Track one" and the car obliges!!!!!
the driver told us to pick up our bags and stuff from the thick plush carpets saying that it will fly.....we dint understand.....then he stepped on the pedal and there was this big WHOOSH and we flew back in our seats......
one of the most memorable days in my life...
videos are on youtube....u know how to watch..whoever doesnt know ask me!!!!!

Last edited by GTO : 8th June 2007 at 18:55.
frankmehta is offline   Received Infraction
Old 8th June 2007, 16:57   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

All I can say is : LUCKY YOU!! Must have been a helluva ride in the phantom.

This beast is working overtime to heavily promote their mobile store. I saw the Phantom at a local Mocha cafe and they were giving free rides to anyone and everyone. Also recollect seeing some ads with the "spot the Phantom" ad.
Old 8th June 2007, 17:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

ah, lucky you.

will check video when I go online via dsl
Old 8th June 2007, 17:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

point taken.sorry about the dots.anyways i just happened to wonder what audio setup the rolls has.i just saw the exicon speakers.havent heard much about the co.please throw light on it.thanx
Old 8th June 2007, 17:04   #5
BHPian

A crude colour combination wasted on an elegant car ... and a rolls royce to sell mobile phones !!

looks like India is truly shining..

Disclaimer : Purely my 0.02 rupees worth and absolutely no offence meant to any one
Old 8th June 2007, 17:28   #6
BHPian

Saw this in the papers today.. Really bad to see a car like a Phantom being used like this.
But still would be lucky to get a ride in that odd beauty

Old 8th June 2007, 17:33   #7
BHPian

lucky guy..time to buy a new mobile phone, from their mobile shop and win that free ride!!!
Old 8th June 2007, 17:37   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSAM View Post
lucky guy..time to buy a new mobile phone, from their mobile shop and win that free ride!!!

I am green with Envy.. lucky guy.

Transam i thought everyone was getting free rides..

Godfather
Old 8th June 2007, 18:03   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
I am green with Envy.. lucky guy.

Transam i thought everyone was getting free rides..

Godfather
Oh! maybe i read that wrong in the papers, i also read that RR was upset for them to make it a "junta" car for rides & promotion without their PERMISSION.
Old 8th June 2007, 18:07   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
i also read that RR was upset for them to make it a "junta" car for rides & promotion without their PERMISSION.
Huh... Once you buy a car its yours.. you are free to do what you like with it.. you dont need any body's permission to use it..
There was another link in some thread where a Plumber was using a Bentley to promote his work.

Godfather
Old 8th June 2007, 18:17   #11
BHPian

Quote:
There was another link in some thread where a Plumber was using a Bentley to promote his work.
Man, I would'nt want that plumber to come to my house to fix a tap. Imagine the bill. Lol.
Old 8th June 2007, 18:29   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Oh! maybe i read that wrong in the papers, i also read that RR was upset for them to make it a "junta" car for rides & promotion without their PERMISSION.
are you serious about it. Can the car manufacturers question/judge how one uses the car after they have paid for it . Or its just what they do to maintain the exclusivity. Wonder how Mr. Bachan would feel to see this car side by side with his RR with couple of college kids in the back seat listening to loud music
Old 8th June 2007, 18:43   #13
Senior - BHPian

I pray that these guys don't sell mobile phone in the Roles dikki like we see people selling clothes, sunglasses etc out of Maruti vans.
Old 8th June 2007, 18:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
are you serious about it. Can the car manufacturers question/judge how one uses the car after they have paid for it . Or its just what they do to maintain the exclusivity. Wonder how Mr. Bachan would feel to see this car side by side with his RR with couple of college kids in the back seat listening to loud music
WITH DUE RESPECT TO THE STATEMENT ABOVE ME AND THE OTHERS:

if the college kids had as much money as AB and he saw them in the Rolls i doubt he'd have much of a problem with that.i dont know why ppl are hyping the publicity campaign so much. the rolls is Essar India's property and Essar india can as much as make an auto rickshaw out of it without anybody's intervention.i have seen modified bentley continentals and merc e63's that advertise lingerie in the UK!!!!!
btw if Rolls so wanted to keep the brand 'exclusive' they wouldnt like to see their cars being made Taxis for the Peninsula and Burj Al Arab hotels etc.the only thing frivolous about the car is the colour!!!
Essar is doing as good a publicity for Rolls as it is doing for itself. whats the harm in letting a common man like u and me enjoy the good things in life for a short moment of time...if not our entire lives???this is surely helping Essar build a brand and increase the ppl's belief and trust in the brand by showing them some of the good things in life.its unique!
i dont see anything wrong in doing this.
for anybody and everybody whos criticising the fact that companies will sell 'Goggals' and 'Mobaayls' from the DIKKIS of Rolls or even a Maybach, it shouldnt be too much of a problem with them, cos they havent paid for it nor do they own any of these brands....but if they aspire to have a ride in them this is the way for them....sorry! or else earn and build and empire like Essar!

Last edited by frankmehta : 8th June 2007 at 18:59.
Old 8th June 2007, 19:09   #15
Senior - BHPian

frankmehta
This is a forum and everybody can post their opinions as long as it doesn't hurt others feeling. In my statement i didn't mean to insult anybody. I was just putting down my opinion. I did see you getting hurt with my statement but can't really figure out what the issue is because of too many pronouns in your post confusing whom you are refering to.

Most Viewed