Team-BHP - Pics: Toyota Formula 1 Car At Marriott(juhu).
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics: Toyota Formula 1 Car At Marriott(juhu). (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/25029-pics-toyota-formula-1-car-marriott-juhu-2.html)

Is the car still there at mariott

Hi guys, well, not exactly a Toyota...

Renault-Nissan had displayed an F1 car at IIT-Madras for a few days, during their Shaastra event. The car was behind a roped enclosure & needless to say, it was awesome to look at ! :)

This one's for the tire guys - it's 325/45R13.
Pics: Toyota Formula 1 Car At Marriott(juhu).-img_0590.jpg

Front suspension detail - single keel design.
Pics: Toyota Formula 1 Car At Marriott(juhu).-img_0593.jpg

Nose & brake duct. The duct itself seems to be in two parts, I guess they change the duct opening alone depending on how much drag they want to run with.
Pics: Toyota Formula 1 Car At Marriott(juhu).-img_0594.jpg

Carbon disks with Brembo calipers. Oddly, the temperature strips on the caliper read upto 210 degrees C only - is it that the disks get upto 600 degrees C while the calipers themselves stay much cooler ?
Pics: Toyota Formula 1 Car At Marriott(juhu).-img_0596.jpg

Rear wing adjustment.
Pics: Toyota Formula 1 Car At Marriott(juhu).-img_0605.jpg

Are these cars only life-size models or is it the real thing,with fully functional engines etc.?

Quote:

Originally Posted by im_srini (Post 1004248)
The car was behind a roped enclosure & needless to say, it was awesome to look at ! :)

I bet! Were you taken aback by the large size? All our lives, we see F1 cars on TV and they seem to be compact. And then, when you see one in person, they are HUGE!

Quote:

Originally Posted by atom_ariel (Post 1004444)
Are these cars only life-size models or is it the real thing,with fully functional engines etc.?

Mostly life-size models sans engine. Only when an F1 car is brought down for a road show (demo, burnouts etc.) does it have a detuned engine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by atom_ariel (Post 1004444)

If you look at the first pic in post # 17, it says display only.

Last year, we had the same car displayed in our campus. I have pics on the home PC, which I shall upload tonight. It was truly awesome to see a F1 car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 1005512)
I bet ! Were you taken aback by the large size? All our lives, we see F1 cars on TV and they seem to be compact. And then, when you see one in person, they are HUGE!

Yes, the cars are long, really long & low :) The driver, engine & transmission are set way back (I wonder what the weight distributions look like).

A notch in the chimney for the winglet - everything in its place & a place for everything.
Pics: Toyota Formula 1 Car At Marriott(juhu).-img_0604.jpg

Rear bodywork - you're struck by how purposeful everything is on this car. Every curve has a purpose, no artistic flourishes here !
Pics: Toyota Formula 1 Car At Marriott(juhu).-img_0602.jpg

Toyed with the idea of dodging the security guys & actually sitting in the thing, but then the opening was so narrow - it was more likely that I'd have gotten stuck ! So kept my sanity & stayed on the less-glamorous side of the ropes :D

Thanks for the pictures. Amazing ground clearance.