Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2007, 00:48   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: delhi
Posts: 44
Thanked: 3 Times
Default Daimler Century spotted in Delhi

end of my i saw a dark blue daimler century. I followed it from noida to pragati maidan. The car looks amazing and was in pretty good condition.

dont have any pics as it was 2.00am in morning

The following link is pic of the car at daimler's website
max8791 is offline  
Old 12th June 2007, 11:29   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 61,608
Thanked: 209,881 Times
Default

I thought that car looks familiar! A quick google showed the Jaguar connection. Nice rare find. Thanks for sharing.
GTO is offline  
Old 12th June 2007, 11:45   #3
BHPian
 
rishibravo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 579
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

must be a CD number plate one .... one of those embassy cars..
rishibravo is offline  
Old 12th June 2007, 13:59   #4
Distinguished - BHPian
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,720
Thanked: 10,222 Times
Default

ive seen lots of Lincolns with embassy plates,its nice to see american cars here as they are rarely seen on our roads.
.anshuman is offline  
Old 12th June 2007, 15:09   #5
BHPian
 
ajitkommini's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 488
Thanked: 116 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
ive seen lots of Lincolns with embassy plates,its nice to see american cars here as they are rarely seen on our roads.
Actually Daimler was a British marque. It started out as a subsidiary of BSA, then became a subsidiary of Jaguar, and now it's part of Ford's Premier Automotive Group. More here: Daimler Motor Company - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
ajitkommini is offline  
Old 12th June 2007, 15:17   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
iraghava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bhaiyyaland
Posts: 8,034
Thanked: 220 Times
Default

In most Jag XJ or equivalent models there has been a Daimler version which was a more luxurious version of the same car with more Wood, Leather, Chrome etc. and was usually called the "Vanden Plas" version.

There is another XJ Daimler is Delhi with rectangular lights & Maroon in colour seen around the Def. Col. area.
iraghava is offline  
Old 12th June 2007, 15:27   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,128
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Theres one identical one here in Mumbai.
Our great Shashi Ruia uses it. its a 2005/6 model. Black
scooby05 is offline  
Old 12th June 2007, 15:52   #8
Team-BHP Support
 
manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,779
Thanked: 3,094 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
must be a CD number plate one .... one of those embassy cars..
the picture is not of the car spotted in delhi, max has stated its from the company's website.

scooby, are you sure ruia's car is 05/06, i recall seeing somethign like this with them almost four years ago, if not more. I could be wrong though.

manson.
manson is offline  
Old 12th June 2007, 15:55   #9
Team-BHP Support
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14,231
Thanked: 21,905 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
the picture is not of the car spotted in delhi, max has stated its from the company's website.

scooby, are you sure ruia's car is 05/06, i recall seeing somethign like this with them almost four years ago, if not more. I could be wrong though.

manson.
I thought he had a light blue one
ajmat is offline  
Old 12th June 2007, 15:59   #10
Team-BHP Support
 
manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,779
Thanked: 3,094 Times
Default

i certainly remember one of the ruias owning a black car that looked like or was very similar to the car in the picture.
But somehow never gathered what it was called.

manson.
manson is offline  
Old 12th June 2007, 16:04   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,128
Thanked: 151 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manson View Post
i certainly remember one of the ruias owning a black car that looked like or was very similar to the car in the picture.
But somehow never gathered what it was called.

manson.
They've had Daimlers for 20+ years now. the earlier one was maroon, then came the silver and now the latest is the black.
you can see it passing peddar road around 10.30/11am towards haji ali if the brothers are in town.
scooby05 is offline  
Old 12th June 2007, 16:19   #12
Team-BHP Support
 
manson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 3,779
Thanked: 3,094 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
They've had Daimlers for 20+ years now. the earlier one was maroon, then came the silver and now the latest is the black.
Thats why i mentioned something very similar if not the same car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
you can see it passing peddar road around 10.30/11am towards haji ali if the brothers are in town.
Thats where and when i haved seen the earlier car most of the times i've spotted it, that car spells class to say the least.

manson.
manson is offline  
Old 12th June 2007, 18:40   #13
BHPian
 
fash_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore / Trichy
Posts: 230
Thanked: 83 Times
Default

Talking about embassy vehicles, there's a black Lincoln spotted often in R.K Salai in Chennai. Not too sure about the model, but looks way too long. If anyone has seen it, can u tell what model is it?
fash_1 is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks