Team-BHP - Porsche showroom in Mumbai (Peddar Road)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Porsche showroom in Mumbai (Peddar Road) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/25294-porsche-showroom-mumbai-peddar-road.html)

For the past several weeks I’ve noticed some work being done to a building near Kemps Corner. I figured it would be another lame clothing store but today I drove by and saw them putting up the signage for Porsche. If you are familiar with the area the showroom is on the same street as the Crossword bookstore and right next to the Maruti showroom. One of the best sports car brands in the world being sold alongside the crappiest cars in the world.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~ H O N D A ~ (Post 472178)
For the past several weeks I’ve noticed some work being done to a building near Kemps Corner. I figured it would be another lame clothing store but today I drove by and saw them putting up the signage for Porsche. If you are familiar with the area the showroom is on the same street as the Crossword bookstore and right next to the Maruti showroom. One of the best sports car brands in the world being sold alongside the crappiest cars in the world.

maruti may not be upto world class standards but neither is their price tag. calling them crappy is alrite but crappiest wasnt really called for.

anyway feels good to know there is a porsche showroom around in case i wanna pick up one of those beauties! i'm a biggggg porsche fan! :Cheering:

Quote:

One of the best sports car brands in the world being sold alongside the crappiest cars in the world.
What makes you say Maruti is crappy dude? If you realize maruti has one of the best service networks in India and heck am a fan of maruti.

Also only time will tell as to how good Porsche's sales and A S S is in India.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~ H O N D A ~ (Post 472178)
One of the best sports car brands in the world being sold alongside the crappiest cars in the world.

Suzuki makes things that Porsche will never be able to catch or match.

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r (Post 472365)
Suzuki makes things that Porsche will never be able to catch or match.

And Vice-versa too .

Maybe he's talking about those car-shaped books at Crossroads. But by god, if he's talking about Maruti, I'm might have to sharpen my dagger a little...

Are we talking about the Porsche Showroom, or are we talking about what suzuki or porsche can make.... LOLs sorry but i think the topic was Porsche showroom in Mumbai.... and not compary maruti with porsche hehe.

Did see the board being put up Last afternoon, did know about it long back probably a year back, the work happening there was infact very slow. The smallest of the details we being taken carefully in building the showroom.

So all the porchsers in Mumbai was bought from Delhi showroom?. Did they just have their office in Mumbai-Hilton?

Yea they had only their office at hilton and some cars were parked at the basement of the hotel.

Guys lets keep away from a Maruti Porsche battle and get back to the topic

Thanks

Porsche is planning to open showrooms at N Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai eventually...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 472737)
Guys lets keep away from a Maruti Porsche battle and get bck to the topic

Thanks

well put, dippy.

Anyways, i had no idea my comments have caused a stir, anyways it's one persons opinion. For pics of the showroom:

Porsche showroom in Mumbai

Quote:

Originally Posted by SohailPistawala (Post 472596)
Did see the board being put up Last afternoon, did know about it long back probably a year back, the work happening there was infact very slow. The smallest of the details we being taken carefully in building the showroom.

Right on Sohail, the building is called Motor House and it was where the STC vehicular office was situated at first. The STC was the only agency from which one could buy imported cars through a tender. (I remember buying many cars from STC, Mumbai-Delhi-Madras-Calcutta.) This place had to be sold cars parked for display. Then I guess Porche bought/leased it but it went into some litigation with the authorities (so i've been told). Around a year or a few months here or there, the whole ground floor was wrapped in a Vinyl with the "Porsches coming soon" ad on it and everybody was exited. I guess around this time, the problems started. Whatevers happened is happened and now i guess all the problems are solved. Lets look forward to a grand showroom of a car that truly commands respect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhilashvk (Post 472748)
Porsche is planning to open showrooms at N Delhi, Bangalore and Chennai eventually...

They already have a showroom in Delhi.

maruti's cars being crappy or not is ones own judgement...but lets hope porsche can offer the superior levels of service that maruti gives to ppl who shell out a fraction of what the cheapest porsche costs ...