Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2023, 06:31   #16
BHPian

Re: Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic

I remember reading an Overdrive Magazine review of the C63 AMG about 15 years ago which said that the engine and exhaust on throttle sound like an an angry god clearing his throat. I'm sure it is that way for you. Enjoy the dream.
Sumer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2023, 17:44   #17
BHPian

Ever since I saw pics of this car from one of the T-BHP meets, I was waiting for its ownership review.

Congrats Nikhilb2008!

Do tell us how the itch to upgrade hit you and how you zeroed in on this car.

Does it replace the VRS?
TheGearBox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 18:17   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post
Ever since I saw pics of this car from one of the T-BHP meets, I was waiting for its ownership review.

Congrats Nikhilb2008!

Does it replace the VRS?

First of all, Congrats Mate! on your dream purchase.
Wish you alot of happy miles

Well, I am also looking for such an AMG, I mean I know these are only two, but I'm more into C63 AMGs
So is there any way I can connect to you, to talk about the pricing, maintenance and ways to find these.
I looked everywhere but I couldn't find as these are some rare ones
TheCarNut50 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2023, 19:13   #19
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Nikhil! Your big wide happy Smile says it all!
Well done and wishing you much happiness with this super machine!
All the best!
(Hope to see you and this car soon on my next visit to Madhu’s)
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2023, 14:16   #20

Great car you got sir that is indeed a pure AMG. That 6.2 is a great engine and the owner from whom you bought the e63 I bought my e90 from him as well. Such a nice guy he is and he takes care of his cars like a baby. Best decision you could take and finding rare example like these are just. Congratulations on the new ride enjoy that beauty to its fullest. Wish you many more happy miles with it.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 9th June 2023 at 14:58. Reason: Only two emoticons per post please. Thanks.
Rikk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2023, 17:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Nikhil, Congratulations.
I would love to check and drive your car. Also to feel the differences between your pre facelift and mine. Mine is a 2015 E63amg with the 5.5 biturbo, 557bhp which I have remapped to 675.
I had the S63amg with the same Na engine as yours, but sadly finally had to let it go due to too many issues caused by the previous owners, causing dependability problems.
scooby05 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th June 2023, 07:06   #22
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations Nikhil!
SunnyBoi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2023, 14:14   #23
AVR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

I bought a full blooded old school AMG!
The kind of dream statement that I had love to say someday. Have been eyeing a neighbor's C63AMG with the NA engine though not as lucky as you.

This thread made my day!

Have a great time together!

Cheers
Adi
AVR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 14:16   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post

I also added an Apple Carplay/Android Auto kit to the Head unit. This is completely hidden and I retained the stock look of my car. But when I get into my car, I have wireless carplay ready to use.
Details Please, I am looking to upgrade the stereo on my W212 e360 Diesel.

Pramod
pramodkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2023, 14:45   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you everyone for your wishes and comments! This is seriously a dream come true!

I plan on posting a lot more about this car as I get time. Unfortunately, work pressures are increasing as I grow older and take on more responsibilities. Fuelling this beast also means I dare not lose a single opportunity to work hard and earn more money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosh_aveo1.4 View Post
Holy Crap! What a way to start my day to see this beauty! I have tons of questions but most importantly such high performance engines, are they ok with our fuel quality here or the usual XPS 95 or 100 or even more is fine??
The bronze/copper on the alloys goes really well with the car. How's the ground clearance like? Won't be an air suspension I believe. Silly question but did this generation engines come with that cylinder deactivation feature?
I do have Air suspension, the ground clearance is just ok. It scrapes in Bangalore and on certain large speedbreakers on the highways. Especially on the stretch between Nashik and Aurangabad.

For fuel, I've been sticking to XP95 and it's flawless. I also carry Proctane on my long drives in case I need to fuel up where XP95 is not available. But to be honest, IOC has done a great job with the availability of XP95.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Such an incredibly fast, timeless machine that will age well. Big congrats, Nikhil! It's quite the buy. Am sure the power delivery & soundtrack of the big NA motor is just so addictive. Hope the maintenance costs & reliability have been acceptable.

This generation of the E-Class looks fabulous even today. And yours - with the golden wheels & quad exhaust - a lot more so. The ultimate sleeper, indeed.

P.S. My compliments to your stylish Dad, he looks like a stud .
Thanks GTO! Yeah, my Dad has aged well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGearBox View Post

Congrats Nikhilb2008!

Does it replace the VRS?
This is more of a passion car, a weekend car. It doesnt replace my vRS. My vRS is still my daily driver.

There was no real itch to upgrade. Even today, I feel my vRS is perfectly suitable for my usage. However, seeing the newer cars being launched, I felt that our window of opportunity to own such a nice car is closing. Even if we have the money, tomorrow we cant buy such old school cars. That was one of the reasons I decided to jump in and buy this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCarNut50 View Post
First of all, Congrats Mate! on your dream purchase.
Wish you alot of happy miles

Well, I am also looking for such an AMG, I mean I know these are only two, but I'm more into C63 AMGs
So is there any way I can connect to you, to talk about the pricing, maintenance and ways to find these.
I looked everywhere but I couldn't find as these are some rare ones
The C63s are more easily available.

With regard to pricing, I dont know much to be honest. I didnt do too much research. Very early on, this car was offered to me, I spoke to the owner and agreed to his price. Didnt really negotiate, didnt check the market and so on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikk View Post
Great car you got sir that is indeed a pure AMG. That 6.2 is a great engine and the owner from whom you bought the e63 I bought my e90 from him as well. Such a nice guy he is and he takes care of his cars like a baby. Best decision you could take and finding rare example like these are just. Congratulations on the new ride enjoy that beauty to its fullest. Wish you many more happy miles with it.
He is really a gem of a person. Great guy to know and a great guy to buy a pre owned car from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Nikhil, Congratulations.
I would love to check and drive your car. Also to feel the differences between your pre facelift and mine. Mine is a 2015 E63amg with the 5.5 biturbo, 557bhp which I have remapped to 675.
I had the S63amg with the same Na engine as yours, but sadly finally had to let it go due to too many issues caused by the previous owners, causing dependability problems.
Sure Sir. Let's swap cars one day. Hopefully a drive to Bombay will happen sooner rather than later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodkumar View Post
Details Please, I am looking to upgrade the stereo on my W212 e360 Diesel.

Pramod
I spoke to Marque One in Bangalore and got it done from them. I suggest you contact them directly.

Each car, each generation has a different kit. I paid around 1 lakh rupees but I feel it was a worth while upgrade.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 18:27   #26
BHPian

Congrats on such a rare machine! The M156 has to be one of my favorite engines of all time! The 6.2 V8 has good torque even though it is naturally aspirated. It had more torque than the NA V10 M5! The sound, well, we all know its hella good. Its a deep rumble I wish I could hear.

I honestly didn't know only 2 of these E63's existed in India, so thanks for that mind-blowing fact. It may drink petrol at alarming rates, but its worth it for the performance and the sound.

What's the fuel economy you are achieving? And what is the odometer reading currently?

Also, are you planning to tune it? This engine has good tuning abilities. If you watch carwow, there was a drag race which features a tuned C63 Black Series(same engine, but stock its tuned to 517 hp). The owner slapped a supercharger and downpipes and some more mods to push 750HP., so its worth a try to ECU remap the car.

Otherwise, a excellent review from a distinguished BHP-ian. Hope you continue to send that E63 down the highway and let others know you are in a AMG
Raghav07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 12:28   #27

Back when 63 actually meant something! Congrats on the menace and I hope you continue driving it in good health
Hypno0784 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 15:29   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav07 View Post
What's the fuel economy you are achieving? And what is the odometer reading currently?

Also, are you planning to tune it? This engine has good tuning abilities. If you watch carwow, there was a drag race which features a tuned C63 Black Series(same engine, but stock its tuned to 517 hp). The owner slapped a supercharger and downpipes and some more mods to push 750HP., so its worth a try to ECU remap the car.

Otherwise, a excellent review from a distinguished BHP-ian. Hope you continue to send that E63 down the highway and let others know you are in a AMG
The ODO reading is at 39k right now. I've added about 15k since June 2022 when I bought the car.

The fuel economy in the city is at best, 4 kmpl and on the highways when driven peacefully, it has given me a highest of 9kmpl.

On average, it gives 7.5-8 on the highways but when I really DRIVE it, it drops badly.
Old 27th January 2024, 16:22   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

I havent updated this thread properly in a long time.

Let me put some of my thoughts down on the forum today.

This car is a real Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. I've been using it on a regular basis in the city for the last 4 months as my vRS was getting repainted.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...ml#post5707240 (2017 Skoda Octavia vRS 230 | 4 years and 83000 km)

In the city, the AMG is super comfortable, easy to drive but drinks fuel like Devdas drinks another liquid.

The only major issue I have with daily driving it is the low ground clearance. My commute route changed because there are a couple of massive speed breakers on my usual and shortest route home from my office.

The car is quite silent in the city and unless I rev it hard, most people will not give it a second look. Being a 12 year old car also has it's benefits. It just looks like an old Mercedes that someone bought for a steal.

I've seen some people give the car a second look, especially when I move away from a traffic light or something. At those times, there is a light rumble when I rev from standstill. Those people suspect that there's something else.

I havent been easy on the car.

Every long distance drive is done in the car. I drive it to the airport frequently and park it there overnight when I fly out for short trips.

Last January, my Dad and I did an exciting thing.

We drove from Bangalore to Sriperumbudur, attended a track day with mostly M340is and then drove to Pondicherry.

After that, we did a coast to coast drive from Pondicherry to Kochi in the car.

We spend a few days at Kochi and then my Dad flew back while I drove back to Bangalore.

Both of us drove the car at MMST and we pushed the car. We didnt really take it easy.

I expected my 66 year old Dad to go a bit easy but clearly, the V8 rumble ignited parts of his brain that remembered his Rally Days in his youth.

Another time I drove to Chennai and met up with some friends and they took me for a drive on the ECR and they managed some stunning photos of my car.

I also attened a Cars and Coffee Meet in BLR where my car got to pose with it's great grandfather! The W124 E Class.

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7720.jpg

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7723.jpg

The setting sun hitting my car just perfectly!

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7765.jpg

The best hotel room is the one that has a view of your car!

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7767.jpg

The Trip statistics from home to the hotel at Sriperumbudur, the day before the trackday.

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7779.jpg

All ready for the track day!

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7781.jpg

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7782.jpg

Dad and me about to set out onto the track!

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7786.jpg

Dad driving the AMG.
Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7792.jpg

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7800.jpg

The line up.

It was supposed to be an M340i trackday but the E63 and another A45 AMG gate crashed along with a highly tuned vRS 245.

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7806.jpg

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7808.jpg

The whole trackday gang more than a year ago!

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7818.jpg

Statistics on the track! I still managed to get 3 kmpl, pretty much the same I get in the city! This also involves a lot of cooling down laps as I would take at least 1.5-2 laps to cool the car before parking it in the pit lane.

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7809.jpg

Post trackday and the drive from the track to Pondicherry.

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7816.jpg

At Kochi after the Coast to Coast drive

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7875.jpg

This small screw gave me a mini heart attack. I found it stuck to the tyre when I reached Kochi and was upset that I had a puncture. Lukcily, it didnt go all the way in and I just yanked it out.
Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7869.jpg

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7866.jpg

The peaceful, leisurely drive from Coimbatore to Kochi. Excellent fuel economy because of the speed cameras on the stretch!

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7865.jpg

The car has a great ability to swallow luggage. The only disadvantage is tat the floor of the boot is not fully flat because of the air suspension. The deepest part of the boot is slightly sloping upwards from the loading side. So, a small bag or item kept there will slide downwards towards the opening.
Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7873.jpg

Kochi to BLR Trip Stats
Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7981.jpg

Total trip stats including the 170 kms on the track.

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG (W212) 6.2 NA | My pre-owned future classic-img_7982.jpg
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 27th January 2024, 16:28   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

I've made a small compilation of various videos people have taken of my car's exhaust.

Nikhilb2008 is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks