Team-BHP - FERRARI 275 GTB and Testarossa
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   FERRARI 275 GTB and Testarossa (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/27259-ferrari-275-gtb-testarossa.html)

hey guys when i was young and my dad usedto rally,we used to have these post rally parties at Swadi Automobiles in mumbai..and i remember my dad saying that there used to be a testarossa and a 288 gtb.
does neone hace any ideas where these cars curently are..would really love to se them again.
though i was young i still remember that magnificent exhaust...ohhhh how i miss those days...

i know of the 275gtb that used to be at the dadar parsi colony belonging to a doctor. after he passed away the car was exported by his son. my dad told me this, he really loved the car and had the opertunity of going for a spin in it. the only testarossa that i know of belongs to the wadia's

No the Wadias dont own a testarossa but a 348. There is one 512 TR somewhere in town. Rehaan has seen it

Anyone remember Autocar Indias Ferrari special issue? Im sure Dippy does. It covered most Ferraris in India, past and present. But a lot has chaged in the last couple of years, so its good reference for the early cars.

Quote:

and i remember my dad saying that there used to be a testarossa and a 288 gtb.
There isnt a 288 GTB.....its only the 288 GTO (The car that influenced my nick). If its still in India, please tell me where. I'd travel even to Kashmir to see it in person.

Not the 288 GTO Rush what he meant was the 275 GTB which was there in India. It was covered in the ACI article. No GTOs here as far as I know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 524154)
No the Wadias dont own a testarossa but a 348. There is one 512 TR somewhere in town. Rehaan has seen it

i believe the 512tr belongs to mallaya which is currently in london. the car had come down for a while and then was sent back used to see him drive it at night

Ok guys, today the owner of Swadi automobiles, who is my father's maternal uncle visited my new house. I asked him whether there was a Testarossa ever at Swadi Automobiles and he said that there never was a Testarossa out there.
So, I don't know whether there was/is a Testarossa in Mumbai, but I have confirmed that there was never one at Swadi Automobiles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyrus43 (Post 523864)
...post rally parties at Swadi Automobiles in mumbai..and i remember my dad saying that there used to be a testarossa...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayabusa (Post 1025960)
...but I have confirmed that there was never one at Swadi Automobiles.

I guess it would be best to confirm with the (other) man involved as well - Mr Dhabhar!

cya
R

AS far as I remember, the Wadia's 348 used to go to Swadi quite often, but as Rehaan says maybe Mr. Dhabhar can shed more light on this.

The 348 of the Wadia's is sold.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anish9000 (Post 1027527)
The 348 of the Wadia's is sold.

Any idea about to whom/for how much?