Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2007, 00:57   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
@shadwalker: kudos on your TDnR " Test Drive and Rip "

True so very true! ceramic brake pads will be awesome on our roads, wont it!

bhpians : i don't know where i saw this, but i remember i saw a audi TT with dual engines, yes Engine1 & Engine2.
wont ceramic brake pads take longer time to heat up and work effectively. with our kind of brakeing required you would be practically running with mo brakes.
are you serious audi TT running on two engines. man that car would be a beast on the roads.
Old 11th August 2007, 01:05   #47
BHPian

[quote=xinome;529036
bhpians : i don't know where i saw this, but i remember i saw a audi TT with dual engines, yes Engine1 & Engine2.[/quote]

I will have to vouch for this. I read about this on Autoblog. Some german tuning company actually put an engine in the rear seat of the new TT in addition to the existing engine to make it an all wheel drive 10 second car or something on similar lines. I also read about a VW Polo GTi or whatever its turbocharged version is called was modified by a mad german man. He said that the the car lacked power. He put a 3.2 V6 up front which wouldn't fit under the hood. So there's a cut-out now and since its so front heavy he put another engine in the back as well to balance the weight and obviously boost the power and what an IDIOT he must be.
Old 11th August 2007, 01:39   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadewalker View Post
oh trust me bro! it melts the tarmac........such a heavy engine in such a small body is just criminal! lol
Lucky guy, to be able to drive such a wonderful car!
Quote:
Originally Posted by xinome View Post
i don't know where i saw this, but i remember i saw a audi TT with dual engines, yes Engine1 & Engine2.
And after that... you woke up, right?
Old 11th August 2007, 01:40   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
wont ceramic brake pads take longer time to heat up and work effectively. with our kind of brakeing required you would be practically running with mo brakes.
are you serious audi TT running on two engines. man that car would be a beast on the roads.
eh dosen't the mercmclarenSLR have the ceramic brake pads and the car does come to a complete halt from 120 miles in just 5 seconds!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAZY DRIVER And after that... you woke up, right?
very funny i think it was a video i had, let me search for it

Last edited by xinome : 11th August 2007 at 01:42.
Old 11th August 2007, 02:03   #50
BHPian

It turns out i wasnt dreaming, the car is the audi BIMoto 2 Engines crazy 800 hp

New heights for MTM guys. Their MTM Audi TT Bimoto reached a new top speed at the Papenburg race track: 393 km/h. And this is an official record!

The two engine MTM TT Bimoto was driven by Florian Guber. He is the current champion of the Seat Supercopa 2006 and is currently driving in the Porsche Carrera Cup.

heres proof of existence MTM Audi TT Bimoto
Old 11th August 2007, 02:10   #51
Senior - BHPian

true true the slr does come with ceramic brake pads . the TT is a pocket rocket wish i could get my hands on one. i'd prefer the f430 biturbo though.
Old 11th August 2007, 11:24   #52

lets be real here people! we're talking about preferences! where all we can lay our hands on are test drive vehicles!its gonna take us years be we could manage once! even i'm satiating my senses by just test drivin em.......
Old 12th August 2007, 00:55   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
lets be real here people! we're talking about preferences! where all we can lay our hands on are test drive vehicles!its gonna take us years be we could manage once! even i'm satiating my senses by just test drivin em.......
dont we all shadewalker. i try to take test drives whenever i travel abroad as well, it helps haveing friends abroad . i wish everyday that someone either leaves a billion dollars at my door step or a few exotic cars till then test drives are good.
Old 12th August 2007, 01:06   #54
BHPian

wow man you TD'd a audi TT,
this would have been a over dose of adrenaline rush.
awesome
Old 12th August 2007, 01:53   #55

a few? be reasonable dude! even one would be more than enough for us to handle! forget the maintainence who's gonna pay for a full tank of gas everyday!??? petrol isnt exactly cheap here in india :P! but if u wanna burn ur neighbours and just drool at it! be my guest! but don't come crying when it develops a few spider webs here and dere.......... lol
Old 12th August 2007, 02:09   #56

oh and if u tin the tt was good! check this out!

too a ride in germany in this babd boy!
Old 12th August 2007, 13:14   #57
BHPian

wow, is there actually room in the back seat of a porsche to seat an adult?
Old 12th August 2007, 13:41   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
a few? be reasonable dude! even one would be more than enough for us to handle! forget the maintainence who's gonna pay for a full tank of gas everyday!??? petrol isnt exactly cheap here in india :P! but if u wanna burn ur neighbours and just drool at it! be my guest! but don't come crying when it develops a few spider webs here and dere.......... lol
come to think of it one would do just fine but kya kare yeh dil mange more . when you buy something expensive and exotic to drive, i'm sure you can manage for the fuel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
wow, is there actually room in the back seat of a porsche to seat an adult?
this is a porsche 911 and it does have reasonable place for an adult. it must be a tight squeeze but for the picture he must have put on a brave front.

Last edited by ajmat : 12th August 2007 at 16:19.
Old 12th August 2007, 16:28   #59

hahahahaha! ur absolutely righT! tahat's my elder bro in the back! he got so fed up that he finally asked me to sit in the back! and trust me to be this crouched up at 250 on the autobahn without the top wasn't something i was prepared for!
Old 12th August 2007, 16:30   #60

and fuel? just imagine emptying the tank of a Q-7 in just 60 odd km's! that thing is thirstier than fishes!.....what an appetite for gasoline! phew!

but the guy told me that the tt if driven at 60kph wud give out a decent 7kmpl! coz of the fsi engine it has!

Most Viewed