Team-BHP - Spotted the new BMW X5
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Spotted the new BMW X5 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/27630-spotted-new-bmw-x5.html)

I was at B'lore last week for some test-drives for our magazine...after the test of Audi A6 (test report will be posted soon), I went BMW showroom to meet my friend..there I spotted this new X5..its a show car, sale has not started yet as the car is undergoing homologation process at ARAI...to be frank, I was not at all excited by its exterior looks and in first sight I thought that its a X3...anyway it look as if X3 grown bigger...but interior is stylish...I just made a quick look at it & couldn't take much snaps as my collegue were waiting for me & he needs to reach Lal-bagh to cover the flower show..hes a press-photographer..

Kia's car landed up in the BMW showroom by mistake.

dont like the new X5 atall. like you rightly said Hanmust it looks like an over grown X3. it is a 7 seater now from being a five seater. improved engine and suspension. i read this somewhere so dont hold me for it.

The design & styling is ..shall we say conservative !! As compared to the new 3-5 & 7 series which are New age to say the least. Are we sure this is a current model.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 533715)
I was at B'lore last week for some test-drives for our magazine...after the test of Audi A6 (test report will be posted soon), I went BMW showroom to meet my friend..there I spotted this new X5..its a show car, sale has not started yet as the car is undergoing homologation process at ARAI...to be frank, I was not at all excited by its exterior looks and in first sight I thought that its a X3...anyway it look as if X3 grown bigger...but interior is stylish...I just made a quick look at it & couldn't take much snaps as my collegue were waiting for me & he needs to reach Lal-bagh to cover the flower show..hes a press-photographer..

hey hanmust,
i have already seen a couple of em' on the roads.....
seen a silver one in the wipro hq. as well as a black one in forum....
i think sale of the x5 began about a month ago...
cheers:)

New X5 Looks similar to X3.

Quote:

I was at B'lore last week for some test-drives for our magazine...
For which magazine ?

May be another colour would have looked better!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mugen_Power (Post 534173)
For which magazine ?

I didnt know you were involved with magazines! Which magazines hanmust?

Quote:

Originally Posted by hanmust (Post 533715)
I was at B'lore last week for some test-drives for our magazine...

Forget the X5 - WHAT MAGAZINE???

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR (Post 534194)
May be another colour would have looked better!

I didnt know you were involved with magazines! Which magazines hanmust?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steeroid (Post 534198)
Forget the X5 - WHAT MAGAZINE???

Ya frens...I'm the official premium car test-driver for "FAST-TRACK" a leading malayalam auto magazine from the publishers of 'The Week'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speed kills (Post 534164)
hey hanmust,
i have already seen a couple of em' on the roads.....
seen a silver one in the wipro hq. as well as a black one in forum....
i think sale of the x5 began about a month ago...
cheers:)

U may be right...there may be some new X5s on road, but its not sold through dealers...they might be direct import...and U can get any car directly imported without homologation...all Landcruisers, Hummers, etc are such type...

Really cannot keep quiet about the X5.
It is the latest from the ugly stable of BMW. Are they still getting more and more bangled as days pass by?

Hanmust was a freelance journalist from some time. Lately, he has some commitments with FastTrack magazine it seems. His enthusiasm has been always an inspiration for us lazyboys.

The Cayenne sales have opened the X5's eyes.

Jokes apart, its just that we're used to looking at those sleek headlamps on the older X5. This will take some time to get over. Sooner or later, most will begin to like it.

probably your right gordon, if you see more of them on the road you might just start likeing them. had seen one at the bmw dealership here. would go and get some pictures

I venture to say this is an area where Chris Bangle's handywork would have actually worked wonders

The new X5 looks more like an enlarged X3. Not as impressive as the older design.

The X5 opened up the super premium SUV market in India a couple of years back and then the Cayanne ate up its market followed by the Q7.
New X5 is not much different, if anything its gotten uglier... i doubt BMW will be able to beat the Porsche with its new launch UNLESS the X5 is produced in India.