Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2007, 00:21   #1

A 911..but Ohh So Much Better

Hey guys! i was on my way to lings pavillion yesterdat and near gegal junction i saw a spots car standing on the signal.Naturally i got all excited to see wat it was (mom thought i was a little crazy) and then i realised it was a porche.But then something seemed different.it was no normal 911 as it first seemed.it was much lower.and the rims...where can i begin..and then it went past me...and i thought i was in wonderland.A PORCHE 911 GT3.i coudnt believe my eyes and i was screaming o my brother to look at the car (my mom was now sure i was completely crazy) but ohh it was just mindblowing..The car is dark blue with black and chrome rims and the rims are huge.
i am really sorry i coudnt take a pic as i was driving coz i know everyone would have loved it...
i hope you guys are getting your cameras out coz i know i am..
Old 27th August 2007, 02:02   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
it went past me...and i thought i was in wonderland.A PORCHE 911 GT3.i coudnt believe my eyes and i was screaming o my brother to look at the car (my mom was now sure i was completely crazy) but ohh it was just mindblowing..The car is dark blue with black and chrome rims and the rims are huge.
cyrus are you sure it was a porsche GT3 or a turbo or another kitted carrera doing the rounds of the city. if my gut feeling is right and if the car belongs to south bombay then i would have an idea whose car it is.
there is a black turbo in town thats why i asked.
Old 27th August 2007, 17:33   #3

i am definately sure it was a gt3 and it was a dark shade of blue..the black turbo is good i have seen it but this was not just some kit car.
Old 27th August 2007, 20:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

ok then i think i know where you can find it. malabar hill, nepeansea road area. if it is a south bombay car. if my haunch is right the same guy owns other beauties also.
Old 29th August 2007, 06:31   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYRUS43 View Post
i am definately sure it was a gt3 and it was a dark shade of blue..the black turbo is good i have seen it but this was not just some kit car.
If you know what you are looking for the difference between the Carrera and GT3 is very obvious - even if the standard car has a body kit.

1. The GT3 only has two seats.
2. It is only available in Manual (If you can see the interior)
3. The rear bumpers have air intake / outlets
4. The exhaust is in the middle of the car below the number plate

From a distance I guess spotting the exhaust is the easiest check.
Old 29th August 2007, 21:31   #6
BHPian

I am dying to see it..Love these 911's like crazy.
Old 29th August 2007, 21:33   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
If you know what you are looking for the difference between the Carrera and GT3 is very obvious - even if the standard car has a body kit.

1. The GT3 only has two seats.
2. It is only available in Manual (If you can see the interior)
3. The rear bumpers have air intake / outlets
4. The exhaust is in the middle of the car below the number plate

From a distance I guess spotting the exhaust is the easiest check.

yup it had that.. ..i wanna see it again..i miss that crisp that exhaust note..
Old 30th August 2007, 02:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

porky the porsche GT3 designed as per your request

Old 31st August 2007, 11:35   #9

yea it was almost like this except for the rims..they were black with a chrome lining..and as i said the car was really dark blue..amost midnight blue
Old 31st August 2007, 12:56   #10
Senior - BHPian

cyrus the picture was for porky, had designed it according to his request.
these are standard wheels for the GT3 but then the guy must have ordered a different set. have to see the car man. hope someone spots it and posts pictures.
Old 31st August 2007, 16:15   #11
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
cyrus the picture was for porky, had designed it according to his request.
these are standard wheels for the GT3 but then the guy must have ordered a different set. have to see the car man. hope someone spots it and posts pictures.
whats different in those pics besides the blackened front lip?
Old 31st August 2007, 16:33   #12
Senior - BHPian

akshay1234 there is nothing different then the silver or the yellow porsches with the kits. this is the original GT3 thats all. if you see porky's post and the way he was explaining how to recognise a GT3 as though we were in a porsche showroom and we had never seen one or know how it looks. so i posted pictures and said as per porky's design request. you can match what he said with pictures.

Last edited by speedy : 31st August 2007 at 16:35. Reason: missing information
Old 31st August 2007, 19:49   #13

I had a Cayman S for a few weeks - friend gave it to me to drive around for a bit. You might not be believe me but I raced a GT3 (up to about 220 KM) the GT3 was WAY ahead of me, could not get ANYWHERE near him. I felt embarrassed in the Cayman. HOWEVER, when we got to a very long (1km) sweeping right hand on ramp I nailed it without thinking twice and the GT3 backed off big time. Its a REAL sports car and has to be driven as such.

The car for first time Porsche owners is definitely the Cayman (Boxster if you have a full head of hair and your wife ain't ugly )
Old 31st August 2007, 20:04   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
I had a Cayman S for a few weeks - friend gave it to me to drive around for a bit. You might not be believe me but I raced a GT3 (up to about 220 KM) the GT3 was WAY ahead of me, could not get ANYWHERE near him. I felt embarrassed in the Cayman. HOWEVER, when we got to a very long (1km) sweeping right hand on ramp I nailed it without thinking twice and the GT3 backed off big time. Its a REAL sports car and has to be driven as such.

The car for first time Porsche owners is definitely the Cayman (Boxster if you have a full head of hair and your wife ain't ugly )
So desu ne?

Let me politely add: Boxster if you're the wife, and your husband ain't poor.
Old 1st September 2007, 01:08   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
So desu ne?

Let me politely add: Boxster if you're the wife, and your husband ain't poor.

even if you are a first time porsche owner it is a car at the end of the day. just depends on how much money you have and what you want porky. there is nothing like a start up car it all depends on how well you tame your beast. if i had my way i would have got the turbo i have never owned a porsche before.

Most Viewed