Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2007, 17:44   #1
Senior - BHPian

Lexus LS460 in India

I saw a couple of Lexus LS460 for the first time from Delhi. It was parked in a pump at Vasanth Vihar. He deals in imported cars too. They won't allow to snap from out, hence I took it when I was fueling the car. sorry for poor image quality

Last edited by hanmust : 8th September 2007 at 17:46.
Old 8th September 2007, 17:48   #2
BANNED

Yoooooow! That is some great scoop, Hani!
One of the most technologically advanced cars in the world! Lying in a petrol bunk in Delhi!!!
Great spotting!
Old 8th September 2007, 17:50   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Looks gorgeous in white. Nice find. I must say they sure havent wasted any time in getting the LS to India.
Old 8th September 2007, 17:54   #4
Senior - BHPian

the lexus ls 460 in black or blue at the pump also looks nice had seen it but was not allowed to take pictures.the white somehow does not appeal to me. lexus is planning to bring it to india. there is a story in the auto india about it.
Old 8th September 2007, 18:00   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
the lexus ls 460 in black or blue at the pump also looks nice had seen it but was not allowed to take pictures.the white somehow does not appeal to me. lexus is planning to bring it to india. there is a story in the auto india about it.
read it..anyway its a brilliant decission from Lexus..otherwise LS would be the next main hunt by the customs as Landcruisers..cos one of good fren at Mumbai whos a imported car dealer said hes importing a long-wheel version of LS460 for his client & he has a couple of serious enquiries too..
Old 8th September 2007, 18:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
read it..anyway its a brilliant decission from Lexus..otherwise LS would be the next main hunt by the customs as Landcruisers..cos one of good fren at Mumbai whos a imported car dealer said hes importing a long-wheel version of LS460 for his client & he has a couple of serious enquiries too..
. it sure is a smart decission from lexus. i think it is soon going to be a very common site around town. great technology and design. i hope the priceing is kept reasonable and not exorbident.
Old 8th September 2007, 23:55   #7
BHPian

they are priced at about 1.0cr. maybe a little more... He has three sitting there now.
Old 9th September 2007, 00:31   #8
BANNED

these cars are real gud but the only bad part is that these cars have japanese language.. no english option and are priced around 1.3cr
Old 9th September 2007, 00:53   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
these cars are real gud but the only bad part is that these cars have japanese language.. no english option and are priced around 1.3cr
how does a $70000 car cost 1.3 Cr.
even if you add options , it still wouldn't justify a 1.3 cr tag even for a LS460 L.

Last edited by dipen : 9th September 2007 at 00:54.
Old 9th September 2007, 01:27   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
they are priced at about 1.0cr. maybe a little more... He has three sitting there now.
liv2drv i was talking about the official priceing by the company when they launch the car in india and not from the dealer at the pump . now i know you could expect the car not to be less than around 60 or 65lacs when it launches.
Old 9th September 2007, 03:11   #11
Senior - BHPian

This is the same guy who had 3 H3's sitting with him last month. Before that he also had an H2, Range Rover & an SC430.
Old 9th September 2007, 03:37   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
This is the same guy who had 3 H3's sitting with him last month. Before that he also had an H2, Range Rover & an SC430.
yes ishaan it is the same guy we met at the pump.
Old 9th September 2007, 13:06   #13
BHPian

The silver range is mine. its now in Goa. The sc 430 was his own personal car. Now he has the range rover supercharged.
I dont think the car will ever be priced at 60 65. the cls 350 is a also a $70,000 dollar car. over here its 90! never look at $ prices for cars and compare them. If anything look at £ prices. A range rover in america is about 60-65k. in england its 60-65k too, bu in pounds. itsthe same with most cars. porsches, benzes, beemers etc.
Also when the guy at the pump doesn't know you he quotes very high prices.

I forgot to mention... any car available in India, like porsches, benzes etc... he gets them cheaper then the official price. Thats why he is selling more s classes then t & t.

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th May 2008 at 19:32.
Old 9th September 2007, 13:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
The silver range is mine. its now in Goa. The sc 430 was his own personal car. Now he has the range rover supercharged.
I dont think the car will ever be priced at 60 65. the cls 350 is a also a $70,000 dollar car. over here its 90! never look at $ prices for cars and compare them. If anything look at £ prices. A range rover in america is about 60-65k. in england its 60-65k too, bu in pounds. itsthe same with most cars. porsches, benzes, beemers etc.
Also when the guy at the pump doesn't know you he quotes very high prices.
he mentioned that the silver range rover was your car and we did see his range rover too.
i am talking 60 or 65 lacs for a base model without the other cost. on road around 73/74 lacs and the top end model for around 80lacs and on road around 86/87 lacs. this sounds reasonable to me.
i agree generally people must be comming to waste his time and just have a look at the cars. he should know how to differentiate between a geniune inquiery and a time waster. when he mentioned 85 for a H3 i thought the guy was off his mind. i am getting the car myself and it comes way cheaper. in his ignorance he is limiting his client base, i would not recomend him to any of my friends oweing to my own experience with him.
Old 9th September 2007, 13:47   #15
BHPian

i see what you're saying... but honestly, he already has more sales then he can handle. but i still see what you're saying.
I guess you're right. After all the cls here has a base aound 60. yet when you go to even buy a more basic then base model cls... you still only get it in the high 80's if not 90's. and if you mention the official price to them, which i've done... they laugh you out the door. i went to buy a cls 500 at the listed price of 82. came back with a car for 1.15. The hummer h3 at 85 is crazy but they are selling. so why not. the h2 is between 1.1. and 1.2. Of course if you look at it in the states... its a $65k car. but thats what you gotta pay here unless you want to handle all the coversion transporting and bringing it into india.
Lets not forget the custom ppl here in india have a mind of their own. they have a fixed custom rate for the h2's which is alot higher then the cost of the car+conversion (which is £12k), and transportation from america. Lets not forget the fine, since the car isn't coming from point of manu since it stops in the u.k for conversion. add it up... and you're hit by a bomb. Of course you'll save quite a bit still, if done yourself. but its a lot of headache. and the whole process takes a while since the conversion its self takes 5-6 weeks.
The h3 is simpler since the car doesn't need conversion. but the price is completely different. it works out to about the same thing as having a lhd converted. abt £30k for a rhd or $30k for a lhd. the fine still applies since a rhd hummer isn't coming from point of manu.
good luck with importing your hummer speedy.
But why the h3??? i'd ather go for the new ml or x5. unless you're getting the new superchared h3!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks