Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2007, 19:09   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
The SLR may be a hoax, but the Veyron is no hoax.
i am begining to believe that the SLR is a hoax and does not exist, cause i spoke to my friends and none of them have spotted it nor heard of it in the circles.
the veyron has also not been heard of or seen on the roads. so i dont think i would believe it till i see it in pictures if not in live. the people i think could have brought it have been spoken to and they dont know of it.
Old 7th October 2007, 22:11   #47
BANNED

Hi,

From what I have heard and understand is that the SLR is indeed here and belongs to a famous singer from the Middle East who also own a Hummer here on Kuwait plates.

Viper
Old 7th October 2007, 22:26   #48
Senior - BHPian

I read in the papers that a Gujrati business man in Gujrat is getting a Veyron, the paper qouted the price to be 3 crores.
Old 7th October 2007, 22:34   #49
bhp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
I read in the papers that a Gujrati business man in Gujrat is getting a Veyron, the paper qouted the price to be 3 crores.
read the same some days back....when will they stop misleading the common man ??
Old 7th October 2007, 22:41   #50
Senior - BHPian

Guys lets keep this thread for the SLR only. There is an existing thread for the reported Veyron in India.

Last edited by Dippy : 7th October 2007 at 22:43.
Old 7th October 2007, 22:52   #51
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
i am begining to believe that the SLR is a hoax .
I left the house praying that I would get a glimpse of the SLR.
Well, it was fullfilled(i think)

While returning from Karlooooooose Singh birthday bash at 4 am along with Sam. We took right from Hinduja Hospital. Approaching towards L.J. Road, I saw this low & long mass, black in color and xenons flashing with distinctive front and the rear similar to SLR. I shouted "SLR"
I am not sure whether Sam saw it, he was busy humming to Talib Kweli
It was like glimpse of a glimpse.

Some people say it could be a SL500 or SL55. There is a black SL500 but the side profile is not matching with what I saw yesterday. I doubt there is a black SL55 AMG in Mumbai. So it has to be .....

BTW, there is a Black SLK with Dubai/Kuwait Reg.Number circling Bandra Carter Rd.

Last edited by F50 : 7th October 2007 at 22:54.
Old 7th October 2007, 23:03   #52
Senior - BHPian

It could also have been a black SL500 with an AMG kit.
Old 7th October 2007, 23:15   #53
BHPian

A friend of mine spotted the black SLR outside Millionaire at Juhu somedays back , so i doubt its a hoax . And Dippy has started the thread , i higly doubt its going to be a hoax . And the Black SLK circling carter road looks sweet . But that useless owner doesnt make actual use of the car , he instead circles carter road 20 times within a span of 1 hour . Why do such people get such beautiful cars ?
Old 7th October 2007, 23:17   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

From what I have heard and understand is that the SLR is indeed here and belongs to a famous singer from the Middle East who also own a Hummer here on Kuwait plates.

Viper
Are you sure about that ? Because a friend of mine is good friends with the guy who owns the H2 and Escalade . And i no where he stays , I can try to get some pics if the owner is the same .
Old 8th October 2007, 00:29   #55
Senior - BHPian

guys we are not talking about an SLK doing rounds of carter road. we are talking about the SLR.
there is a black SL500 with zenon lights. it could be mistaken for the SLR at night and if it is high speed then for sure.
varun please try and get pictures of the SLR till then i have doubts. cause the car has not been seen anywhere. unless the car was here on transit.
Old 8th October 2007, 05:47   #56
BHPian

if its being driven on our roads... it is a bit hard to hide! we would have all heard it if not seen it. Also wouldn't ppl be talking about it?? But as everyone has already said... If its from Dippy, it must be true... but where can you hide an SLR in bombay?? LETS FIND IT!
Old 8th October 2007, 09:12   #57
Senior - BHPian

must be here for a promotional event. Will find out from someone who works at Merc. Lets see if he has info on this.
Old 11th October 2007, 10:58   #58
BANNED

saw the black slk yesterday kitted up it is nicely and has uae plates. doubt about the slr now. and i dont think the kuwait hummer owner is a singer and not sure about his having a slr as well
Old 11th October 2007, 11:36   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
saw the black slk yesterday kitted up it is nicely and has uae plates. doubt about the slr now. and i dont think the kuwait hummer owner is a singer and not sure about his having a slr as well
so this could be the culprit. the nose of the new SLK and the SLR can be easily mistaken for at night. since the spottings have been happening at this time. the SLK also being a kitted one could be mistaken quite easily too.
like liv2drv pointed out that a car of this magnitude (SLR) cannot be hidden from veiw. i dont think the owner would have got it to keep locked up in his garage.
Old 11th October 2007, 13:01   #60
Senior - BHPian

You must have seen this SLK : Fab Design SLK
Closed Thread

Most Viewed