Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2007, 18:04   #16
BHPian

just for the record... liv2driv... there is another red colored c class merc with a brabus engine which is owned by a parsi

also i just confirmed with the friend who lives in the same bldg, who said tht the car was deliverd to him last week and it has a brabus tuned engine with custom exhaust

have also asked him to get the engine specifications so tht my friend liv2driv is satisfied.

dude i am sure u know a lot more about cars but its just sometimes u have to see something to believe it.

will surely try to get the pics of the car nxt week.

my friend says the car is parked in his garage most of the time and is only used for leisure drives..

Last edited by honda_dude : 3rd October 2007 at 18:06.
Old 3rd October 2007, 20:27   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMATMO View Post
a brabus totalled that is really bad cause it would have given us a rare chance of eeing Brabus on our roads.and i dont anybody would perfer to spend for brabus with Ms available
amatmo this C class Brabus is almost 4 years old now. at that point there were not many M's here.
Old 3rd October 2007, 20:32   #18
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
yes ishan thats the same C class that i was mentioning. someone told me the car met with an accident and was totalled.

Hi,

Are you by any chance referring to the black C Class reg no MH-xx-xx-33. If so then yes it was totalled on the Thane highway and has been replaced by a silver C class with identical treatment.

Viper
Old 3rd October 2007, 21:17   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi,

Are you by any chance referring to the black C Class reg no MH-xx-xx-33. If so then yes it was totalled on the Thane highway and has been replaced by a silver C class with identical treatment.

Viper
yes jiggy i am refering to the same car. ok i was told he was planning to replace it with a slk or an sl with the brabus treatment. nice to know he went in for another C. is the same diesel or a petrol one.
Old 4th October 2007, 06:37   #20
BHPian

honda dude... two things...
please dont take it out on me because you said something idiotic!
Second, i'm not your friend!
Get pics and specs please.
P.s. other members, who know the car have said there is no tuning... why haven't you brought it up with them?
Old 4th October 2007, 07:25   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_dude View Post
it was black and the guy was revving the car so hard that when the signal became green he must have easily touched a 150+ in 4-5 seconds.
150+ in 4-5 seconds is quite unbelievable , 10 + would have been something believable.Next time before you post such a thing make sure you have your data right,you dont want people jumping on you like this .,right ?
Old 4th October 2007, 12:40   #22
BHPian

liv2driv : i guess this thread is going out of discussion point. the thread was created with the intention of discussing the possibility of a existence of slk brabus in india.
one thing i learnt was to first get the specs and pics of the car nxt time i post a thread so as to avoid idiotic conversations with u.

anyways trying hard to get specs and pics asap.

Last edited by honda_dude : 4th October 2007 at 12:49.
Old 4th October 2007, 16:18   #23
BHPian

haha, idiotic conversations with me... Buddy, i aint the one who said 150+ in 4-5 secs (according to me, that is the start of the most idiotic conversation ever). And yes, when other members say they know the person (and Speedy is a trusted member) who owns the slk, and no tuning is done... then you do need pics if not at leat, specs!

Oh, one more thing, if it was so easy for you to know it was a brabus from the sound of the engine... are you sure you couldn't compute all the specs?
Old 4th October 2007, 17:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
just for the record... liv2driv... there is another red colored c class merc with a brabus engine which is owned by a parsi

also i just confirmed with the friend who lives in the same bldg, who said tht the car was deliverd to him last week and it has a brabus tuned engine with custom exhaust

honda dude the other red C class that you talk of is it the old generation square lights. if it is then it is a badged car and i know the owner too. if it is the same car i am thinking off and the owner has a couple of other cars too say like a 560sec 2door w126.

i think you need to ask your friend if parvez took delivery of the car last week how was it featured with him in last months autocar issue. i am just curious cause when i spoke to him on seeing his new purchase in the magazine he was going to bring the car to take me for a spin in it till i told him i was in delhi. i reconfirmed with him and autohanger when you started this thread and they said it was a stock SLK350.
Old 4th October 2007, 18:08   #25
BHPian

okay, Honda dude... i'm sorry if i was a bit harsh. I just couldn't digest the Speed statement. All i've been trying to say is that for somone to bring a Brabus into the country would take a lot! And most ppl who have the money to buy these cars do it for the bling factor (i'm not saying ALL). Leaving very few... and i'm not sure how many ppl can justify bringing a car that is not only more expensive then the highest spec of that class but also more expensive then an AMG.

If the person you say owns a Brabus tuned SLK it would mean the following.
He bought the car from Autohanger (as confirmed by Speedy).
He would then leave a Bond with customs for the value of the car to ship it to Germany.
He would then spend a crazy amount of time and money tuning the car.
He would then pay customs to bring the car back after upgrades (if done legally).
All this would cost a lot, be very tedious and tme consuming.
and why... for .3 secs. On Indian roads that would never justify its self.
You catch my drift?
If you still say it is... Please show pics and specs and i will apologise.
peace!
Old 4th October 2007, 19:10   #26
Senior - BHPian

with liv2drv
these are the times i wish i had a scanner at home (like to keep the home a home and not make it an office) would post pictures of parvez's car from the autocar magazine. i am sure if it had the brabus treatment done, the magazine would have mentioned it too. and featured it the same way they featured the brabus C class. takeing it to pune on the expressway and not put the SLK in the celebrity owning a car section.
i would love to see pictures and specs too. i am willing to apologise and say everyone lied to me and i believed them.
Old 4th October 2007, 20:53   #27
BHPian

i am very sorry if i offended u in anyway...
i guess its just the experience of seeing a slk in flesh and revving soo hard, i went overboard and wrote that stuff of 4-5 seconds.

will kill that friend if tht thing of brabus tuning turns out to be false

i will surely confirm nxt time i make a post.

anywhich ways i know about ur toys post and am sure u have the most enthralling collection a guy ca ever have.

btw if ur in london, wud surely like to meet up with u and see some of ur cars. am there in the month of oct, nov and dec.

at last peace and sorry again
Old 4th October 2007, 20:59   #28
BHPian

speedy, i am talking about a c class brabus edition which has normal round lights like the one available now

its not clear headlamp like the current c class in india
Old 4th October 2007, 22:24   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
speedy, i am talking about a c class brabus edition which has normal round lights like the one available now

its not clear headlamp like the current c class in india
ok i dont know about this one then. will check it out. do you have any pictures of this and are you sure it is not badged a brabus (kitted without the engine worked on). alot of people get this done to look different as getting the engine done is way expensive like mentioned earlier by liv2drv.
like viper mentioned that there is a silver c class now in bombay that is an original brabus after the same owner crashed his black one.
either your confused honda dude or i am getting confused here.
you say normal round lights like the one available now and then you say not the clear headlamp like the current c class in india. what am i too gather from this. which year model are you talking about
Old 5th October 2007, 12:53   #30
BHPian

speedy, i am talking about the c class edition which was available prior to the one selling now.

everything was the same except for the clear headlamps. also the alloy size was small on the previous model

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks