Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2007, 14:32   #1
BHPian

spotted mercedes brabus slk 350

i was waiting at a signal at five gardens in matunga and there came a merc brabus slk 350. it was black and the guy was revving the car so hard that when the signal became green he must have easily touched a 150+ in 4-5 seconds.

one different thing i noticed in the car was the electronic spoiler, the guy lifted the spoiler when he was waiting at the signal.

can any of the bhpians tell whether this feature is standard on this model or comes with the brabus edition.

sorry couldnt get the pics
Old 1st October 2007, 15:46   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

A 150 EASILY in 4-5 secs. ???
Old 1st October 2007, 15:49   #3
Team-BHP Support

i doubt it was 150. mustve been 100 or so.
Old 1st October 2007, 18:16   #4
BHPian

i think can be damniya's car.september issue of autocar supports that.
Old 1st October 2007, 19:43   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateek View Post
i think can be damniya's car.september issue of autocar supports that.
parvez damania has a SLK350 black colour.
Old 2nd October 2007, 18:00   #6
BHPian

Okay, you saw an slk 350 doing 150+ in 4-5 secs...
I couldn't do that in my porsche which has a fully re-mapped engine.

If the slk was fully tuned by brabus (which would cost a 1.2cr+ to bring the car to india) it would then do 0-100 in 5.3 secs (with a pro driver using trip).
The car would have a brabus tuned engine, brabus pistons, brabus exhaust, brabus wheels, brabus aerokit, and brabus brakes to stop the rocket!

The standard slk 350 does it in 5.6 sec (with a pro driver using trip). Which is why i doubt someone would spend an extra 70 lacs for .3 sec.

The car you saw probably has a brabus badge and wheels. At most an aerokit with the exhaust system. Calling that a brabus is like calling a 911 a 911 turbo. It should be called an slk 350 with brabus wheels/bodykit.

but if there is an slk 3.5 brabus in town... WOW! i think it'll be one of the first Brabus tuned cars to make it over.
Old 2nd October 2007, 20:50   #7
BHPian

dude i just saw the car and did not pop the hood to see wht was under it.
by the sound and speed i can surely tell it has brabus tuning and not just the kit.

by the way i have a friend who has a brabus tuned merc. there are people who can spend those extra bucks for that increase in the speed.

Also i just confirmed today with a friend located in that area and he said it was damania's car.

and a 150+ quotation was just a estimate looking at his speed and also i did not wear my chronograph to keep the exact time.
Old 2nd October 2007, 22:23   #8
BHPian

wow... did you ever think he might just have a moded exhaust. or are you such an expert that you can tell Brabus tuning from AMG or any other tuning that may have been done. Its not about the money... Oh and next time you say something as ludacris as 150+ in 4-5 secs, please do wear your chronograph. Please i would like to know of the Benz with brabus tuning done by BRABUS. any pics???
Old 2nd October 2007, 23:27   #9
Senior - BHPian

True.honda dude its really hard to believe the existance of a BRABUS slk in india(in particular).
the only Brabus cars i am aware of are yohan poonawallas E class and a brabus Mclass in india rest all are confirmed kitted cars
i am not sure of the above mentioned either

so you see its hard to believe its brabus slk( if i am not wrong you get an M6 at more or less the same price)
Old 3rd October 2007, 02:00   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda_dude View Post
by the way i have a friend who has a brabus tuned merc. there are people who can spend those extra bucks for that increase in the speed.

Also i just confirmed today with a friend located in that area and he said it was damania's car.
my friend you have it wrong. parvez's car is a stock SLK 350 and not modded in any form. i have confirmed it with parvez himself and also with autohanger the people who sold him the car. the SLK when pushed hard sounds different and has a deeper sound to the exhaust notes.

there was a brabus tuned C class black coloured and a S class black coloured in bombay both cars i have seen myself so i can talk about them. there are alot of cars with brabus kits. the E class, M class, S class.
Old 3rd October 2007, 04:35   #11
BHPian

Wow, so there are a few Brabus TUNED cars around??? I thought there were only brabus kitted cars (wheels/bodykit/exhaust). I'm really happy to hear this as i love brabus. i think they are the best tuners for mercedes.
But if you're talking of the green coloured ml with a brabus badge in Deli... that aint brabus. nothing on it is a brabus except the badge. there is a black one in delhi with brabus wheels.
Old 3rd October 2007, 10:06   #12
BHPian

What about the white merc in Banglore which was owned by the supra/porsche chap.(Ran**t)?
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:05   #13
Senior - BHPian

Liv2drv - there was definitely a Brabus tuned C-Class diesel in Mumbai as that car was covered by ACI some years back while the work was still on the car. IIRC it featured 17" Brabus Monoblock wheels, Engine Remap & Bodykit with the star on the bonnet replaced by a "B" badge.
Old 3rd October 2007, 11:51   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
there are alot of cars with brabus kits. the E class, M class, S class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
But if you're talking of the green coloured ml with a brabus badge in Deli... that aint brabus. nothing on it is a brabus except the badge. there is a black one in delhi with brabus wheels.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
Liv2drv - there was definitely a Brabus tuned C-Class diesel in Mumbai as that car was covered by ACI some years back while the work was still on the car. IIRC it featured 17" Brabus Monoblock wheels, Engine Remap & Bodykit with the star on the bonnet replaced by a "B" badge.
liv2drv that is why i mentioned alot of cars with brabus kits. there is also a blue ML with the brabus kit and wheels in delhi.

yes ishan thats the same C class that i was mentioning. someone told me the car met with an accident and was totalled.
Old 3rd October 2007, 14:03   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
liv2drv that is why i mentioned alot of cars with brabus kits. there is also a blue ML with the brabus kit and wheels in delhi.

yes ishan thats the same C class that i was mentioning. someone told me the car met with an accident and was totalled.

a brabus totalled that is really bad cause it would have given us a rare chance of eeing Brabus on our roads.and i dont anybody would perfer to spend for brabus with Ms available

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks