Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2007, 22:03   #1
BHPian

I caressed a Maserati Gransport from Central Bombay to Andheri!!!

When my friend told me that there was a maserati to be picked up from the docks and asked if i wanted to come i replied with a "HELL YEAH!". I left in my trusty LPG powered accent with him and drove towards Sewri. I know this is rather out of the topic but if you want to see poverty at its worst go there!. Here we were to pick up a car worth over a crore and a half, and there were 100's of people who probably couldnt get 2 meals a day..(Sob sob)..
ok moving on

Took us a while to find where the car was and when we got to it it was SURREAL. The xenons cutting through the thick humid air(And stench). Stopped my accent behind the car and was speechless. The cuvacious lines and those 19" rims, FAT rubber, and quad pipes from behind were awesome. I had a seat inside and felt as though the seat was moulded just for my body!.

The mechanics had already reached there with 20 litres of 97 octane and were waiting for us to arrive. The best part was when i got the key in my hand, put it into the socket and turned it...and nothing happened!. Then my friend was quick to point out that you have to push the start button on the centre console. When i pressed it all hell broke loose. The roar from the engine and quad pipes was enough to bring people to a stand still from across the road. Whats odd is that the noise isnt loud but the bass from the pipes creates a sort of booming noise that makes the sound so different that it stops people in their tracks. Ferrari/maser make the best sounds in the world, not the royal pilharmonic orchestra!..

Once we started driving the car on those horrid roads it was interesting to see that the underbody NEVER hit any pothole or speed breaker!! While my accent due to its soft suspension was hitting every possible bump!..

What is key to notice when driving this car is the amazing ease with which it took to our horrid bombay traffic. We drove through dharavi, sion and then bandra east on the WE highway and the car behaved like a pussycat. The best part was that the engine management system tends to detect throttle position and engages the brakes upto a certain speed, partially. Once the car starts moving forward at a progressive speed it will release the brakes. There was also an E mode to reduce throttle response and fuel efficiency. Porsche should be very afraid if maseratis are becoming so driveable in town!.

After so much traffic the car was not at all tiring to drive and it was amazing to get glances from every one on the road including people with S class mercs and BMW's!..haha..

And as usual all good things come to an end. The car finally reached its destination and we put her to sleep in a red velvet masterati cover!..my friend an I then left the garage and then suddenly i glanced at my Gold colour accent and both of us went in chorus "DAMN"...

The next day i was driving back home and saw the maser being ripped by someone at Juhu and thought to myself..."This is so wrong...so wrong"...

My resolve in life has become more solid to get me one of these cars WHATEVER it takes!!..just need a couple of years more to do that!!!> Until next time...
sudarshansarma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2007, 22:43   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats amazing. Surely you enjoyed the drive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudarshansarma
saw the maser being ripped by someone at Juhu
A new task at hand now.
Old 1st October 2007, 23:03   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudarshansarma View Post

My resolve in life has become more solid to get me one of these cars WHATEVER it takes!!..just need a couple of years more to do that!!!> Until next time...

couple of years is not a great deal of time to wait...so we shall look fwd to ur detailed review..!!
Old 1st October 2007, 23:05   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
couple of years is not a great deal of time to wait...so we shall look fwd to ur detailed review..!!

hmmm...

Last edited by JayD : 1st October 2007 at 23:09.
Old 1st October 2007, 23:06   #5
BHPian

Is there a possibility that your 'Friend' would allow you to take a few pics and post the snaps of the beauty here?
Old 1st October 2007, 23:40   #6
Senior - BHPian

Nice! Looks like you had a lot of fun with the beast, any pics/videos?
Old 2nd October 2007, 01:01   #7
Senior - BHPian

awsome my friend loads of fun i see and i hope you keep your word of a few years. would love to hear more of the car and see pictures of it. i heard the grandsport was comming to town but to south bombay. let the fun times begin (searching for the car and getting pictures of it).
Old 2nd October 2007, 11:38   #8
BHPian

Hi guys,
i have a few pics. It is on my phone and i've lost the USB. Will put them up but they have come out quite grainy. The car is not in south bombay but in Juhu. I will put up the pics soon. Ok couple of years is a tad too early. Will go into my 30's with a BMW and then we will tackle the exotics one by one and end with a ferrari 250 GTO..heheh

Oh i forgot. I will let u guys know when the car comes for a service. We can take photographs(High res). Let me ask him tomorrow..
Old 2nd October 2007, 23:42   #9
Senior - BHPian

cant wait for the pics,do post them when its convinient
so is this the second one in the country
the first one being the one posted by agent4ferrari long back in this forum which was red in colour
Old 2nd October 2007, 23:55   #10
Senior - BHPian

Great write up sudarshan !!! Its an awesome experience driving these beauties.

Whose maser was it anyway ? Bollywood / Stockmarket / Corporate ??
Old 3rd October 2007, 00:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Sheer bliss,getting to drive such a refined & beautiful piece of workmanship!
Old 4th October 2007, 18:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

sudarshansarma vbmenu_register("postmenu_581875", true);
Awesome dude...envy you

Same here bro...even am fed up of looking at people driving around and i have taken the same resolve...
Guess the others think the same too
Old 4th October 2007, 18:43   #13
BHPian

why are there no pics yet... common guys. that is probably the nicest car in town... even with the slr being around this car screams STYLE!
Old 5th October 2007, 16:31   #14
Senior - BHPian

Dude pictures please and dont paste link man.
not able to view them out here
Old 6th October 2007, 04:45   #15
Senior - BHPian

Ajay Devgan has a white one.

Most Viewed