Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2007, 09:44   #1

Japanese Imports in India ?!!?

Hi everyone,

I'm new to these forums and am from Sydney, Australia. I'm of Indian origin but I have lived in Sydney for the best part of my 21 year old life

Anyhow, was browsing and came across so many very very nice cars in India, and was wondering if Nissan Skylines, 200sx, Evo's, WRX's are all cars that are sold in India or are seen often...

If people import them privately, what kind of money do they actually go for? Just wanted to see if they were available, and some pics as I was quite curious as the last time I went to India was a good 5-6 years ago and didnt see any then :(

So basically some pics of some nice jap imports in India would be great,

and if you want to learn more about me, be sure to visit the intro thread that i made
(http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/introd...veryone.html):)

cheers,

- Rohan

Last edited by Stunn-R : 8th October 2007 at 09:55.
Old 8th October 2007, 11:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

hi stunn-r welcome to t-bhp and hope you have a wonderful time here.
if you go through the threads you will find most of the japanese cars that are in india.
Old 8th October 2007, 12:01   #3
BHPian

the ones that you can buy in india from the company are all economy cars no real performance oriented 8k redline cars
Old 8th October 2007, 15:38   #4
BHPian

cars cost 116-117% to import here. So if you add a few more % to that... that is what they go for. A car has to be at least $40,000 before it can be imported into India. Thats why you dont see that many jap imports. PPl rather spent their money on BLING!

Last edited by liv2drv : 8th October 2007 at 15:39.
Old 8th October 2007, 22:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

hey welcome to TBHP...jap imports...let me think...there are some evos,wrx,skyline.... but the price for these is ....skyhigh for average indian so ,and if one wants to get something as privet import it has to be US$ 40grand and above , so homologation is not required, or one has to spent some more and wait for year or more after importing to get homologation for the car...
Old 10th October 2007, 14:22   #6

A minimum price of $40K to import a car??! Now, I wonder why Indian lawmakers would want to have a rule like that and what lobbies forced it upon them

I'd like to buy a Prius or a hybrid Honda Civic, for instance, but it looks like that's going to be an impossible proposition under these protectionist rules.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks