Team-BHP - Lambo Murcielago roadster in bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Lambo Murcielago roadster in bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/30403-lambo-murcielago-roadster-bangalore.html)

Dunno if somebody's already posted this, but my crew spotted this red Lambo Murcielago roadster in bangalore under KA registration. Will soon post the video here.

Mod's Note: Please be very sure of the language of your post henceforth. Do not try to create sensation with words that may be deemed vulgar or otherwise unsuitable. Your thread title has been edited.

Awesome, Bangalore is the place to find the exotics! Infact my manager was in San Francisco for a long time and he was telling me he had not spotted the lambo there as easily he could spot it here. Way to go. Waiting for the video.. :)

yup...its 2 yrs old. please search & read the other threads. there are also pics posted earlier. belongs to a person who sold BPL Mobile and is now an MP and venture capitalist.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 603874)
Awesome, Bangalore is the place to find the exotics! Infact my manager was in San Francisco for a long time and he was telling me he had not spotted the lambo there as easily he could spot it here. Way to go. Waiting for the video.. :)

manager must not have been in the right places in SF.

raftaar,

I have seen only one pic of that car and wasnt too clear. That's why I am waiting for the video. :D

the cars has been mentioned and discussed already the pics are also posted i think your post is more suitable for the bangalore thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by car_phreak (Post 603886)
manager must not have been in the right places in SF.

Maybe he was just plain unlucky. He had a Toyota RAV 4 back there and was planning to get it on TR but then he didnt bring it down, guess its coz of the shipping and the amount of fuel it consumes!

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 604760)
Maybe he was just plain unlucky. He had a Toyota RAV 4 back there and was planning to get it on TR but then he didnt bring it down, guess its coz of the shipping and the amount of fuel it consumes!

and because it was a left hand drive?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 604760)

yeah, it's really not worth it. but then again some people that have more money then god don't care and do it.

hellwrath the toyota rav4 does not consume too much fuel. it should give an average of 6or 7 at the minimum. like akshay said it would be a LHD so the car would not be allowed. this would be the main reason of not getting it back and no other reason.

Akshay/Speedy,

Guess so, I never bothered to ask him why he didn't. But forgive my ignorance, why isn't an LHD allowed? Any specific reason?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 605980)
Akshay/Speedy,

Guess so, I never bothered to ask him why he didn't. But forgive my ignorance, why isn't an LHD allowed? Any specific reason?

the government hasnt been allowing lhds for the past few years. bu you can get them on some schemes.

Akshay,

That's right. But what is the logical reason behing not allowing them? Anything specific, or was it just random?

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 606321)
Akshay,

That's right. But what is the logical reason behing not allowing them? Anything specific, or was it just random?

im not sure. i guess because india is rhd.stupid:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HellwratH (Post 606321)
Akshay,

like akshay mentioned that india is primarily a RHD country and due to the high rate of accidents and difficulty to drive a LHD car the government has taken this disision. also that a LHD car is cheaper than a RHD car is some countries so importing them would be cheaper and that would mean less revenue for the government and also it would affect the local car manufactures. this is my take on the rule. personally i liked it when LHD cars were allowed to be imported.
a LHD car can be brought down on carnet. that means it is here on bond no duty has to be paid and the car has be shipped out within 6 months time. there is also no need to register the car.