Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2008, 07:12   #151
BHPian

So guys !!!! all the debate finally comes to an end ? you have all seen the raymond car run.9.2 and we were not running her anywhere close to her potential. there was no track.
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:23   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominator View Post
So guys !!!! all the debate finally comes to an end ? you have all seen the raymond car run.9.2 and we were not running her anywhere close to her potential. there was no track.
GS's Skyline was done up by Croydon Racing fron Sydney. Yes, the car did perform the way you said it would. But I still fail to see what you had to do with all this sitting in Bangalore. At the most you might have done is recommend them to him.
Old 3rd March 2008, 13:34   #153
HPP
BHPian

It's awesome to see this caliber of a car in India. I am happy to see it, and hope there will be many more in the future.

And if I read correctly, I believe Dominator stated somewhere that he had to do with sponsorship or marketing or something like that.
Old 6th March 2008, 00:43   #154
BHPian

ust for the record . Who are you to point fingers ? No offence but by the way you post in all the threads , i think you are all talk no show .

And what do you mean by " At the most you might have done is recommend them to him " , You think Mr Gautam Singhania hasnt heard of anything called the internet , if he had to find the right tuner for his skyline . Please read Dominators posts which mention that hes been working on the car since day 1 .

Mods im sorry if this is a incorrect post but i just had to post this .
Old 6th March 2008, 00:47   #155
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Varun, he might be there from day one however its that DOMinator hasn't presented himself or any of his own pics with skyline..so thats why the doubt.. Secondly, if he did have alot to do with it, which I pray he has.. I would like to talk to him about other builds that he is into..(DOM) are you listening? Well,if your hands touched that skylines oil, KUDOS to you bro.
Old 6th March 2008, 01:24   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dominator,

I have gone though this whole thread again. I didnt post earlier but now I want to. I always had my doubts on GS being a great driver but Sunday's times and GS's driving has changed my thoughts on him. He drove fabulously well and the car didnt what it was meant to do. Win the event. Hats off to you and your team who have made this monster machine. Cars like these are rarely seen at any drag event in India and we were lucky to experience just that. I hope the motorsport athorities realize that we have the cars to race and they should look at making professional drag strips now. I am sure you will work on your success this year do something even more special for next year.

I have seen many posts in this thread doubting the capabilities of this car but I am sure they are put to rest and the critics have been silienced.

Congratulations to you and your entire team from Australia. It was a pleasure watching this car perform on track.
Old 6th March 2008, 01:26   #157
Team-BHP Support

Guys, just to clarify >
Posted in another thread : (click the little arrow to see the original post)

(I have taken the liberty to make bold the one line summary.)

Quote:
Hi Chetanhanda !!

I was involved with the car at every stage.Right from working out the specifications,the colour combination and all the minute detailing involved.Its been a project worthwhile not for the timing achieved, i was never in doubt of that.The fact that every thing fell in place, the drivers ability,cars performance and all that we set out initially to do.It is a big sense of achievement and pride.As you can understand, I am not the type to boast or brag about anything.I was assigned a job and I delivered it. I do not own the car, so I will let the media highlight the facts with the rightful permission of the owner.

I always stress about the word " WE " because I always belive that any sport is a Team Work. I could have had the worlds best car,but it still required a very brave driver to steer it through.The car has just not popped up out of the blue.We were a team of 3 people out on a mission.Our brief was very simple, " Want The Fastest Car in India ".
Apart from tuning I was involved in every aspect.
I still maintain that I do not want to take any individual credit, it was a Team effort. I was assigned a job and we managed to do it.

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th March 2008 at 01:28.
Old 6th March 2008, 14:05   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra View Post
ust for the record . Who are you to point fingers ? No offence but by the way you post in all the threads , i think you are all talk no show .

And what do you mean by " At the most you might have done is recommend them to him " , You think Mr Gautam Singhania hasnt heard of anything called the internet , if he had to find the right tuner for his skyline . Please read Dominators posts which mention that hes been working on the car since day 1 .

Mods im sorry if this is a incorrect post but i just had to post this .
Hey kid, I was standing with you and Jesal at the SR. I have nothing to "show" because I didnt "claim" anything here.

Quote:
Please read Dominators posts which mention that hes been working on the car since day 1.
Lots of people claim a lot of things here like the guy on cardomain.com. So dont believe everything you read kid, unless you have some substantial evidence to be so confident about someone. This Dominator guy may even have something to do with the car but if I was in his place, I would have been proud to tell people in what way I was involved. I dont think there's anything shameful about being involved with a car like this.

Quote:
Hey kid, first of all I dont need to "show" anything because I dont "claim" anything. Secondly, I dont need your approval to post in any thread and thirdly, who are you? An advocate for dominator?

Last edited by Zappo : 6th March 2008 at 16:49. Reason: Post at one go please.
Old 6th March 2008, 16:54   #159
Team-BHP Support

Ok. This stops now and here guys. No fighting and bickering.

Varun tone down your language please. No personal attacks on any member. I hope thats understood. You have already caused double jeopardy to yourself by reposting that attacking mail of yours when a moderator had already removed the same post earlier. Treat this as a final warning.

Last edited by Zappo : 6th March 2008 at 16:55.
Old 6th March 2008, 20:56   #160
BHPian

Varun, Rehaan & Dippy : Thanks guys for all your support. I am a man of very few words and hate being in the limelight.Friends from bangalore who have known me will vouch for it.I am very shy by nature and leave the publicity to more deserving guys.I do not need the publicity, fame or name because it is not my profession. It is just a very passionate hobby. I guess all "BAWAS" like me are very passionate about automobile.Even during my visits to Australia for testing and tuning I was very discreet about it. The local Aussie was very curious, but even in an alien country I just stuck to my purpose - progress of the car.Even during the entire stay at Kharghar I did not go around posing or making claims.My job was to stay behind the scenes and ensure that the car had a good run. I am sorry if I am made that way.
Old 6th March 2008, 22:24   #161
Senior - BHPian

Let me guess, your name starts with a K.
Old 6th March 2008, 23:10   #162
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
And let me guess, your name ends in a Y.

Together you can make KY and go super smooth and friction free.
Old 6th March 2008, 23:16   #163
Senior - BHPian

But then all that nice rubber would lose traction.

Damn, isn't Sunday over yet?
Old 6th March 2008, 23:33   #164
Senior - BHPian

Oh my ,lots of argument and pointing going on here.Any ways good work team-skyline and you have delivered every penny guys.From the words of rehan and dippy its very clear that all enjoyed the show by the car.good going .
ram
Old 6th March 2008, 23:34   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Even I feel his name starts with K and ends with Y like Sam said. But not sure because of this post by Dominator.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks