Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2007, 02:16   #121

i thought this thread was about nissan skylines not "mihir dharkars".....come back to topic please...

does anyone knows for sure what the car looks like or not????
Old 12th November 2007, 04:14   #122
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm. Nice thread to shift gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 fast
I know for a fact that the most powerful Skyline that has been tested had been tuned by an outfit called Top Secret.
True. But there's more. The white skyline was apparently a Nismo edition. After Top Secret got done with it, the Godzilla dyno'd at 1250+. Had a "top secret" video of it clocking a 7.9...barenaked, with a sequential tranny...

P.S- couldn't help it...
Old 14th November 2007, 18:31   #123
Senior - BHPian

That track is in australia.

This car seems to prove that saying.....ITS NOT HOW BIG IT IS, ITS HOW WELL YOU USE IT!

Last edited by Rehaan : 15th November 2007 at 12:15.
Old 17th November 2007, 16:21   #124
BHPian

my first post!
got to this from SSC India -dreadathecontrols - .
Thread 'exotics in India'.Was a bit dismayed at the conspicious consumption visable but then maybe thats jst me being a prat.
to be honest its very interesting that a performence car scene is developing bharat side & that all of you seem to be based there rather than overseas.Or at least u say u are.
Having been into motor sport all my life & into india, been going their since b4 most of use were all born (!!!).But now it seems both things can exist at once.
Since i heard about the bombay speed run i realised things were getting good.
We have in my town of Brighton UK the oldest 'speed run' in the world,still run on public roads.
The 'brighton speed trials' has a fair smattering of modded road cars including sprint racers Gary Massinghams Skyline. - got there in the end -
he runs a 10.30.
Its almost immpossaable to get a road legal skyline under 10 secs.So those of u talking about 8 sec runs?
I dont think so.
All u guys with exotic cars ? U enjoy.Where do you drive them in India? On the new highways ?
Me, i got a 11 year old TDI, still good for 125 mph though.That I know.
cheers dread
Old 17th November 2007, 19:55   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadcontrola View Post
my first post!
got to this from SSC India -dreadathecontrols - .
Thread 'exotics in India'.Was a bit dismayed at the conspicious consumption visable but then maybe thats jst me being a prat.
to be honest its very interesting that a performence car scene is developing bharat side & that all of you seem to be based there rather than overseas.Or at least u say u are.
Having been into motor sport all my life & into india, been going their since b4 most of use were all born (!!!).But now it seems both things can exist at once.
Since i heard about the bombay speed run i realised things were getting good.
We have in my town of Brighton UK the oldest 'speed run' in the world,still run on public roads.
The 'brighton speed trials' has a fair smattering of modded road cars including sprint racers Gary Massinghams Skyline. - got there in the end -
he runs a 10.30.
Its almost immpossaable to get a road legal skyline under 10 secs.So those of u talking about 8 sec runs?
I dont think so.
All u guys with exotic cars ? U enjoy.Where do you drive them in India? On the new highways ?
Me, i got a 11 year old TDI, still good for 125 mph though.That I know.
cheers dread
Hi

Liked your view on the cuurent 8 sec thoery in amchi mumbai and all that. Currently i agree with you that where can you really drive in mumbai these fast cars. i have brought my skyline to mumbai but the only viable place to drive such a car is the bombay-Pune expressway. If you try to drive that in the suburbs...forget it. If the Auto rickshaws do not get you, the cycles will, if the cycles do not get you the pedestrains will. there is absolutely no concept of road laws and it is really difficult to really enjoy driving these vehicles the way you would drive in the UK.

u might want to experiment using Vegetable oil in your volvo as i did when i had a Peugeot 205 diesel. never been myslef to the Brighton speed runs although I have heard about it.

cheers
Old 17th November 2007, 22:28   #126
BHPian

yeah good idea Mr fast.I was thinkin that.I can get it chipped (330lbs torque!!)so as fast as a T5 (how u know its a volovo???) but runnin on veg oil.
Did u use old oil or from the shelf or a mix.And did u alter the valve timing or injector setting or just take the risk?
Always wanted a skyline.Quicker than everthimng off the line realy cos of FWD.Its a six so sounds wicked & it'll burble along in traffic without becoming a -ferrari -on-a-toe-truck.
Might get a van for work - hence the TDI - & a skyline if my misses 'll let me...sometime in the future
Driving it on the P-M expressway sound excellent.Some realy good high speed curves.Ans lots of wicked hills.Just be EXTREMELY careful mate.Did it cost sthite loads to import or was it the famous b*****h system?
U gonna do the speed run ?

Last edited by Rehaan : 18th November 2007 at 05:18. Reason: Please dont use the F word as an adjective (or anything else) on TBHP. Thanks.
Old 18th November 2007, 00:16   #127
BANNED

this damn car was on sale for 15 laks i remember very well. that time there were no takers for this. way back in 2004 or 2005.
Old 18th November 2007, 00:22   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
this damn car was on sale for 15 laks i remember very well. that time there were no takers for this. way back in 2004 or 2005.
back then it was not that powerful.
Old 18th November 2007, 00:29   #129
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan View Post
back then it was not that powerful.
no wonder it was just sitting there in 2004 speed run no one even bothered with this car . i remember seeing this car for sale did ask the price and was told it was 15 laks. there is no 1200bhp tag on it then i guess too now it makes sense. wicked but i am only sucker for r34
Old 18th November 2007, 01:15   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadcontrola View Post
yeah good idea Mr fast.I was thinkin that.I can get it chipped (330lbs torque!!)so as fast as a T5 (how u know its a volovo???) but runnin on veg oil.
Did u use old oil or from the shelf or a mix.And did u alter the valve timing or injector setting or just take the risk?
I used new oil from the supermarket shelf. a few years ago it was 42p a litre. The oil filter was a Bosch so it was OK.

Always wanted a skyline.Quicker than everthimng off the line realy cos of FWD.Its a six so sounds wicked & it'll burble along in traffic without becoming a -ferrari -on-a-toe-truck.

I have just brought my skyline to mumbai this year and it is in storage until I visit Mumbai next month.

Might get a van for work - hence the TDI - & a skyline if my misses 'll let me...sometime in the future

Yes i have got a Ford transit tipper also. Good strong engines.

Driving it on the P-M expressway sound excellent.Some realy good high speed curves.Ans lots of wicked hills.Just be F****ng careful mate.Did it cost sthite loads to import or was it the famous b*****h system?

Imported it on the level on Transfer of residence but the crap that you get from customs is really horrible. Paid all the correct duties and registered in Mumbai.

U gonna do the speed run ?
I will be in mumbai in the 2nd week so might miss the speed run.
Old 19th November 2007, 15:28   #131
BHPian

there's talk of a 'secret japanese 1000bhp car' at the autocar performance show. should be this one. we know the autocar ed & GS are pals.
Old 26th November 2007, 21:59   #132
BHPian

Spotted the Skyline passing haji ali right now , It was followed by the elise . Im assuming they were returning from the Autocar Performance Show .
Old 27th November 2007, 00:17   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra View Post
Spotted the Skyline passing haji ali right now , It was followed by the elise . Im assuming they were returning from the Autocar Performance Show .
that must be the Raymond car. I guess it is orange in colour.
Old 27th November 2007, 02:46   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_fast View Post
that must be the Raymond car. I guess it is orange in colour.
Yeah , It was Gs 's car . There was an open stretch in front of him and i was dying to see him pull . But he dint
Old 31st December 2007, 17:21   #135
Senior - BHPian

Any updates on this car, any more sightings ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks