Team-BHP - AMG powered SL 63
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   AMG powered SL 63 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/30851-amg-powered-sl-63-a.html)

Hi All,

On my way back from Bandra to my office in Worli, i saw a lovely black AMG powered Merc SL 63.

It had a LARGE LCD Screen right inthe centre of the console. And on the exterior there were lovely side gulls, and the twin exhaust made it look super cool.

It was registered under some Embassys name. Had the registration on a yellow number plate and started by DE.

Cheers

Mr Shelby did you cobra like reflexes get some pictures?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nitroxx (Post 615350)
Mr Shelby did you cobra like reflexes get some pictures?

was riding my bull. . . couldn't manage :(. But it looked very stunning. The tyres had a low profile too.

are you sure it was the SL63 AMG or another sighting of the kuwait registered SLK. maybe this SL was rumoured to have been the SLR. the car if you say is the SL 63 would have been looking amazeing. i have seen one in Dubai.
these counsulate guys are going crazy with their imports.

Wow!! Nice find. I'd love to see some pics!

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 615374)
are you sure it was the SL63 AMG or another sighting of the kuwait registered SLK. maybe this SL was rumoured to have been the SLR. the car if you say is the SL 63 would have been looking amazeing. i have seen one in Dubai.
these counsulate guys are going crazy with their imports.

am 100% sure its a SL 63 AMG powered. Dude it looked amazing. As mentioned earlier registration no. started with 'DE'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac 427 (Post 615740)
am 100% sure its a SL 63 AMG powered. Dude it looked amazing. As mentioned earlier registration no. started with 'DE'.

did not mean to offend you, the only thing is so many stories stateing a black SL/SLK/ SLR. with counsulate plates so dont really know till you see the pictures of it.
yeah with a V12 at your control and the AMG kit to go with it it has to look amazeing. were the wheels amg chrome/ silver or body coloured. there were also rumours of a brabus SL comming to bombay. maybe this was the one that has come and the guy who told me got it wrong. hope someone gets pictures of the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 615744)
did not mean to offend you, the only thing is so many stories stateing a black SL/SLK/ SLR. with counsulate plates so dont really know till you see the pictures of it.
yeah with a V12 at your control and the AMG kit to go with it it has to look amazeing. were the wheels amg chrome/ silver or body coloured. there were also rumours of a brabus SL comming to bombay. maybe this was the one that has come and the guy who told me got it wrong. hope someone gets pictures of the car.

The SL63 isn't a V12 but it is the new V8 from the E63/CL63 with uprated power.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 615744)

yeah the wheels were amg chromed . . i think but it wasnt Brabus powered. No signs of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guess? (Post 615965)
The SL63 isn't a V12 but it is the new V8 from the E63/CL63 with uprated power.

sorry: my bad. it is a 6.3 liter V8. the SL 65 is a 604 hp biturbo V12

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac 427 (Post 618851)
yeah the wheels were amg chromed . . i think but it wasnt Brabus powered. No signs of it.

the car would be looking hot with the chrome wheels. i have also tried checking with Auto Hanger for this car. maybe if the car comes for a service or something can get pictures of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 618873)
sorry: my bad. it is a 6.3 liter V8. the SL 65 is a 604 hp biturbo V12

the car would be looking hot with the chrome wheels. i have also tried checking with Auto Hanger for this car. maybe if the car comes for a service or something can get pictures of it.

604bhp!! Holy smokes!! Wow..now thats really impressive! I thought it was somewhere close to 465-480bhp.

There is no SL 63 AMG as yet atleast... Only SL55 and SL65 AMG
The 63AMG engines are only in all the other MB models like the C63 E63 CLS63 S63.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 618935)
There is no SL 63 AMG as yet atleast... Only SL55 and SL65 AMG
The 63AMG engines are only in all the other MB models like the C63 E63 CLS63 S63.

Sahil,I found some info on the SL63.
[COLOR=#0000cc]auto.aol.fr/.../galeries-photos/article.html[/COLOR]
http://auto.aol.fr/content.do?id=14375&v=1159955725737

The 2nd link shows a picture of the SL 63 AMG.
Is this the same type that was spotted?:confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 618978)
Sahil,I found some info on the SL63.
[COLOR=#0000cc]auto.aol.fr/.../galeries-photos/article.html[/COLOR]
http://auto.aol.fr/content.do?id=14375&v=1159955725737

The 2nd link shows a picture of the SL 63 AMG.
Is this the same type that was spotted?:confused:

nitin the pictures showed are of the S63 AMG. the other picture is of the SL K60 Evo not the SL63 AMG.

HEY wait a minute i just checked the SL63 AMG releases in 2009. there are only spy shots of the car as yet on most of the sites. SO there has to be some mistake in seeing the model ac 427.

source: Straightline - Spy photos: Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG

I did see the 2009 release as mentioned. The spy pics have been on the net for a little while now.