Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2007, 23:04   #1
Senior - BHPian
 
ac 427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,375
Thanked: 190 Times
Default AMG powered SL 63

Hi All,

On my way back from Bandra to my office in Worli, i saw a lovely black AMG powered Merc SL 63.

It had a LARGE LCD Screen right inthe centre of the console. And on the exterior there were lovely side gulls, and the twin exhaust made it look super cool.

It was registered under some Embassys name. Had the registration on a yellow number plate and started by DE.

Cheers
ac 427 is offline  
Old 2nd November 2007, 23:07   #2
Awaiting Email Confirmation
 
nitroxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: DXB
Posts: 817
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Mr Shelby did you cobra like reflexes get some pictures?
nitroxx is offline  
Old 2nd November 2007, 23:11   #3
Senior - BHPian
 
ac 427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,375
Thanked: 190 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroxx View Post
Mr Shelby did you cobra like reflexes get some pictures?
was riding my bull. . . couldn't manage :(. But it looked very stunning. The tyres had a low profile too.

Last edited by ac 427 : 2nd November 2007 at 23:12. Reason: Grammatical error.
ac 427 is offline  
Old 2nd November 2007, 23:36   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,198
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default

are you sure it was the SL63 AMG or another sighting of the kuwait registered SLK. maybe this SL was rumoured to have been the SLR. the car if you say is the SL 63 would have been looking amazeing. i have seen one in Dubai.
these counsulate guys are going crazy with their imports.
speedy is offline  
Old 3rd November 2007, 00:10   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,299
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Wow!! Nice find. I'd love to see some pics!
Nitin is offline  
Old 3rd November 2007, 13:46   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
ac 427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,375
Thanked: 190 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
are you sure it was the SL63 AMG or another sighting of the kuwait registered SLK. maybe this SL was rumoured to have been the SLR. the car if you say is the SL 63 would have been looking amazeing. i have seen one in Dubai.
these counsulate guys are going crazy with their imports.
am 100% sure its a SL 63 AMG powered. Dude it looked amazing. As mentioned earlier registration no. started with 'DE'.
ac 427 is offline  
Old 3rd November 2007, 13:53   #7
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,198
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
am 100% sure its a SL 63 AMG powered. Dude it looked amazing. As mentioned earlier registration no. started with 'DE'.
did not mean to offend you, the only thing is so many stories stateing a black SL/SLK/ SLR. with counsulate plates so dont really know till you see the pictures of it.
yeah with a V12 at your control and the AMG kit to go with it it has to look amazeing. were the wheels amg chrome/ silver or body coloured. there were also rumours of a brabus SL comming to bombay. maybe this was the one that has come and the guy who told me got it wrong. hope someone gets pictures of the car.
speedy is offline  
Old 3rd November 2007, 20:20   #8
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 146
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
did not mean to offend you, the only thing is so many stories stateing a black SL/SLK/ SLR. with counsulate plates so dont really know till you see the pictures of it.
yeah with a V12 at your control and the AMG kit to go with it it has to look amazeing. were the wheels amg chrome/ silver or body coloured. there were also rumours of a brabus SL comming to bombay. maybe this was the one that has come and the guy who told me got it wrong. hope someone gets pictures of the car.

The SL63 isn't a V12 but it is the new V8 from the E63/CL63 with uprated power.
Guess? is offline  
Old 6th November 2007, 19:30   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
ac 427's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,375
Thanked: 190 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
did not mean to offend you, the only thing is so many stories stateing a black SL/SLK/ SLR. with counsulate plates so dont really know till you see the pictures of it.
yeah with a V12 at your control and the AMG kit to go with it it has to look amazeing. were the wheels amg chrome/ silver or body coloured. there were also rumours of a brabus SL comming to bombay. maybe this was the one that has come and the guy who told me got it wrong. hope someone gets pictures of the car.
yeah the wheels were amg chromed . . i think but it wasnt Brabus powered. No signs of it.
ac 427 is offline  
Old 6th November 2007, 19:59   #10
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,198
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess? View Post
The SL63 isn't a V12 but it is the new V8 from the E63/CL63 with uprated power.
my bad. it is a 6.3 liter V8. the SL 65 is a 604 hp biturbo V12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427 View Post
yeah the wheels were amg chromed . . i think but it wasnt Brabus powered. No signs of it.
the car would be looking hot with the chrome wheels. i have also tried checking with Auto Hanger for this car. maybe if the car comes for a service or something can get pictures of it.

Last edited by speedy : 6th November 2007 at 20:01.
speedy is offline  
Old 6th November 2007, 20:52   #11
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,299
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
my bad. it is a 6.3 liter V8. the SL 65 is a 604 hp biturbo V12



the car would be looking hot with the chrome wheels. i have also tried checking with Auto Hanger for this car. maybe if the car comes for a service or something can get pictures of it.
604bhp!! Holy smokes!! Wow..now thats really impressive! I thought it was somewhere close to 465-480bhp.
Nitin is offline  
Old 6th November 2007, 21:02   #12
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sahil's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 5,945
Thanked: 5,138 Times
Default

There is no SL 63 AMG as yet atleast... Only SL55 and SL65 AMG
The 63AMG engines are only in all the other MB models like the C63 E63 CLS63 S63.
Sahil is offline  
Old 6th November 2007, 21:41   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,299
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
There is no SL 63 AMG as yet atleast... Only SL55 and SL65 AMG
The 63AMG engines are only in all the other MB models like the C63 E63 CLS63 S63.

Sahil,I found some info on the SL63.
[COLOR=#0000cc]auto.aol.fr/.../galeries-photos/article.html[/COLOR]
http://auto.aol.fr/content.do?id=14375&v=1159955725737

The 2nd link shows a picture of the SL 63 AMG.
Is this the same type that was spotted?
Nitin is offline  
Old 6th November 2007, 21:57   #14
Senior - BHPian
 
speedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Mumbai Meri Jaan
Posts: 6,198
Thanked: 1,010 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Sahil,I found some info on the SL63.
[COLOR=#0000cc]auto.aol.fr/.../galeries-photos/article.html[/COLOR]
http://auto.aol.fr/content.do?id=14375&v=1159955725737

The 2nd link shows a picture of the SL 63 AMG.
Is this the same type that was spotted?
nitin the pictures showed are of the S63 AMG. the other picture is of the SL K60 Evo not the SL63 AMG.

HEY wait a minute i just checked the SL63 AMG releases in 2009. there are only spy shots of the car as yet on most of the sites. SO there has to be some mistake in seeing the model ac 427.







source: Straightline - Spy photos: Mercedes-Benz SL63 AMG

Last edited by speedy : 6th November 2007 at 21:59.
speedy is offline  
Old 6th November 2007, 22:31   #15
Senior - BHPian
 
Nitin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 3,299
Thanked: 18 Times
Default

I did see the 2009 release as mentioned. The spy pics have been on the net for a little while now.
Nitin is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks