Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2015, 21:18   #76
BHPian

Re: Pics : Replica Countachs rotting in Mumbai. EDIT: One more - Running!

Wow! What a beast!
Love the colour and the workmanship looks ace!

Any clips of the beauty while it's rolling or just revving whatever she's running, would be great to watch/hear!

Excellent share!
Old 19th August 2015, 12:57   #77
BHPian

Looks pretty good for a replica. Was the work carried out at the garage on the other side of the road from Candies, Bandra? Had stopped a car which looked like Countach under covers.
de3p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 23:11   #78
BHPian

I can only imagine it running with Honda 3.5 L V6 engine producing 275 bhp and a manual tranny.
Old 20th August 2015, 10:23   #79
BHPian

The car looks amazing in the pictures...if we could only have some more info on who did this job, what was the donor car and what are the internals that the car is running.

Regardless of the above this baby is one mean ride and I am sure the owner must be getting clicked a lot. The most amazing way to get some cheap thrills...If I may dare say that.
Old 20th August 2015, 11:28   #80
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

From the pictures it looks like the work was done at Toyatotech, Bandra - so the quality is definitely top notch.
Old 21st August 2015, 18:38   #81
BHPian

What engine does it have? Is it that corvette V8 Countach replica?
Old 21st August 2015, 23:33   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
One of the replicas seems to be roaming the Mumbai streets now. I feel like there's something strange with the wheel arches, but looks great overall!

Attachment 1405063

Photo credit : Saurabh Jadhav +
I'm dead sure those are Hyundai Accent headlamps. Could the donor car be a Hyundai Accent?

The colour is amazing and the they have done justice to the design of the Countach. Just hope it also goes the way it looks.

Last edited by Shanksta : 21st August 2015 at 23:34.
Old 22nd August 2015, 09:39   #83
BHPian

and the donor car is? any idea?
Old 22nd August 2015, 10:10   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by de3p View Post
Looks pretty good for a replica. Was the work carried out at the garage on the other side of the road from Candies, Bandra? Had stopped a car which looked like Countach under covers.
Thats because the entire car was brought from abroad in the 90's. The garage only restored it for the owner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyf1 View Post
I can only imagine it running with Honda 3.5 L V6 engine producing 275 bhp and a manual tranny.
She does run on a 6 cylinder engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merc_lover666 View Post
The car looks amazing in the pictures...if we could only have some more info on who did this job, what was the donor car and what are the internals that the car is running.

Regardless of the above this baby is one mean ride and I am sure the owner must be getting clicked a lot. The most amazing way to get some cheap thrills...If I may dare say that.
Looks amazing in the flesh too. The car was imported in the 90's by the owner, the restoration of it has been done by the garage in bandra.

Correction the person getting clicked is not the owner, the owner is from another state. He is also a close friend of the restorer and has given him a free hand to use it. This way when he gets the car, every small thing is taken care off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
From the pictures it looks like the work was done at Toyatotech, Bandra - so the quality is definitely top notch.
It is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
What engine does it have? Is it that corvette V8 Countach replica?
Both the replicas that came to India had V6 engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanksta View Post
I'm dead sure those are Hyundai Accent headlamps. Could the donor car be a Hyundai Accent?

The colour is amazing and the they have done justice to the design of the Countach. Just hope it also goes the way it looks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtonMeter View Post
and the donor car is? any idea?
I don't think she has hyundai accents headlamps. There is no donor car or anything, the car was imported in the 90's and full running kit car.
speedy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 11:59   #85
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Does this have proper scissor doors? :P
A.K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2015, 20:02   #86
BHPian

Wow. A countach (replica, still...) can turn heads even today. Imagine the reaction people would have had in 1974 !

Good replica. Will fool 99% of the junta. How does it sound? Its tough to replicate a Lambo v12 roar.
Old 23rd August 2015, 01:59   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
I don't think she has hyundai accents headlamps.
There is no donor car or anything, the car was imported in the 90's and full running kit car.

Cool!!! so its a kit car. But it looks like the garage that restored it has given her Hyundai eyes. Check it out. The accents headlamp that I have edited is stretched a bit too much otherwise it would be perfect.

Pics : Replica Countachs rotting in Mumbai. EDIT: One more - Running!-haha.jpg

Last edited by Shanksta : 23rd August 2015 at 02:00.
Shanksta is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 24th August 2015, 18:48   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Cool!!! so its a kit car. But it looks like the garage that restored it has given her Hyundai eyes. Check it out. The accents headlamp that I have edited is stretched a bit too much otherwise it would be perfect.

Attachment 1406306
These are indeed Hyundai Accent headlights.

The links below mention about super car kits which can transform the look of a plain jane sedan.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/h...w/48035925.cms
http://www.kitcarlist.com/lambokits.html
bikertillidie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 13:47   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1406306
Shanksta, please do post a link for a kit Countash headlights. If you for once think that the restorer did not try, then you are mistaken, he is a perfectionist at his job. The other factor that comes into play is how much the owner is willing to spend on restoration. Its easy for us to find faults, but no one see's from where this car started and where she has reached, the transformation has been jaw dropping. She also has a fibre glass body, which limits the play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikertillidie View Post
The links below mention about super car kits which can transform the look of a plain jane sedan.
The Ferrari is based on the toyota corrola, body panels were imported, this is the Same company that imported the bat mobile kit and fitted it onto AP's w220 S. The difference is these cars are based on some car as a donor, while the Lambo is ground up ( running car imported) from Abroad

Last edited by speedy : 26th August 2015 at 13:49.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th August 2015, 15:13   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Shanksta, please do post a link for a kit Countash headlights. If you for once think that the restorer did not try, then you are mistaken, he is a perfectionist at his job. The other factor that comes into play is how much the owner is willing to spend on restoration. Its easy for us to find faults, but no one see's from where this car started and where she has reached, the transformation has been jaw dropping. She also has a fibre glass body, which limits the play.
I never mentioned anywhere about the restorer not trying his best or about the owner not willing to spend . The way she looks is proof enough to show that the garage that did the job aims at perfection. Also I was not finding faults, in fact the reason those headlamps caught my eyes were because they were incorporated beautifully, nothing else intended.
Shanksta is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks