Team-BHP - Red Porsche Carrera GT in Mumbai. EDIT: Silver one visiting as well...
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Red Porsche Carrera GT in Mumbai. EDIT: Silver one visiting as well... (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/31302-red-porsche-carrera-gt-mumbai-edit-silver-one-visiting-well.html)

Yes folks, its for real.

I had hardly take car to work choose the train instead. But today I decided to take car and guess what I spotted a Red Porsche Carrera GT!
SLR may be/may not be a hoax but this is for real. No pics to prove but hell i can bet anything over a Porsche CGT.
Spotted at City Light, at Shobha Hotel to be precise while taking a right turn.

Happy hunting guys. Bring home the pics. :)

Just spoilt my shorts.

oh boy.. this is good. where is shobha hotel btw?:confused:

if i was in mumbai i would have tried my best to spot it within a week :-)

wow a GT3 but was it a kit or the real thing. man some neat cars headed our way. great spotting. now we would leave it to the photgraphers to capture it.
F50 is this what you saw, just checking stupid: .

@ Manish i am sure you would have tracked it down if you were in bombay and on study leave :) .

did the CGT ever come out in red? if it did and there is one in mumbai...... wow!

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedy (Post 625509)
wow a GT3 but was it a kit or the real thing. man some neat cars headed our way. great spotting. now we would leave it to the photgraphers to capture it.

Umm, he said Carrera GT. Not GT3. You cannot mistake a Carrera GT for a 997 body shell.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipsyde (Post 625511)
did the CGT ever come out in red? if it did and there is one in mumbai...... wow!

yes the GT did come out in red.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ported_head (Post 625516)
Umm, he said Carrera GT. Not GT3. You cannot mistake a Carrera GT for a 997 body shell.

sorry: , thats why i said i'm stupid.

@ F50 what year was it?

Yep F50 spotted the Carrera GT alright. Just got a call from a friend half an hour ago and he saw it at Marine Drive. Nope speedy it wasnt the 911 Turbo.

Please let it not be a Hoax

All in favour say Aaaaamen

Post Deleted by the Team-BHP Support : PLease type only when you have something of value to add. Pointless one-liners do not make a good thread.

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dippy (Post 625553)
Yep F50 spotted the Carrera GT alright. Just got a call from a friend half an hour ago and he saw it at Marine Drive. Nope speedy it wasnt the 911 Turbo.

:confused: thats nice to know dippy
but is the car bought by and indian and is here to stay or has it come on carnet?

WHHHAAATTT???? Priyanka, you didn't call me!!! Damn, now I gotta get down to Bombay pronto!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ported_head (Post 625516)
You cannot mistake a Carrera GT for a 997 body shell.

agree: The CGT does not have a "real" roof. And boy it sounds insane when ripped.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flipsyde (Post 625511)
did the CGT ever come out in red?

Yes. Apart from the usual silver the CGT also comes in red, black and custom colors too.

Manish needs to visit mumbai soon. Guys get on the streets and hunt this beast down. we need the pics and videos soon. Any idea who's the owner?

:Shockked: thats super-spotting, F50.
Now, that is a real supercar imho. Who ? How ? LHD/RHD ? comes later - we want pics !!

Happy hunting to all the teamBHP snappers in mumbai..

Lemme make it more interesting.. whoever spots and photographs the Carerra GT first, gets a 1:36 scale pic of the same. :D