Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2004, 17:55   #1
BHPian

Pics: Ferrari 348ts and Porsche Carrera!

i thought it was gonna be one of those lousy sunday mornings but not be ,kunal,zaid,ankit,ken(non memebers on tbhp) and me decided tht we needed a ride,so we plannedat 12 am to go to lonaval our fav spot.we were suposed to leave mumbai at 5 am in the morn.ankit dropped out f the group as his bullet was givin some probs.so it was 5am kunal,me and zaid were up but mr.sleepyhead refused to pick up his cell(his wake up call)tried and tried...so finally decided we leave,kunal picked up his rdand we proceeded to the gas station where we were supposed to meet zaid.
after filling up we all left for the highway,zaid's zma was swaying bad coz his steering races were too tight,the service mech had tightened it a too much.
so he was being a bit cautious,me too was cruising as my bike is in the run in period.kunal was having a blast on his rd with short fast sprints now and then
it was so damn chilly i my hands went numb even after wearing gloves and the best part zaid wasnt werarin any gloves just his leather jacket to keep away the chill man tht was a daring thing to do
while goin we saw an exhibition of vintage cars near mcdonalds vashi we didnt wait coz we were gettin late.haulted at a tea stall to hv somethin warm coz it was so damn cold.
we were waitin for the expressway once on the expressway kunal and zaid were flyin.kunals rd sounded awesome in the tunnel.

once we reached lonavala,we got zaids steering races loosened and we were off to lions point to njoy the famous twisties.we went upto sahara city,while comin bck we haulted at lions point where zaid displayed his new found skills by doing a circle burnout nice one tht zaid bro...awesome

while goin down zaid eased off a bit coz somehow his zappers didnt inspire the confidence in him,hes totaly fed with em....he he zaid chill bro.he managed to fishtail and bang a bus sideways though tht event totlay convinced him tht he now needs a tyre upgrade

had breakfast at ramakrishna and decide to leave.....now guys the most amazing part listen to this.......

as soon as we reached khandala zaid startin wavin his hand furiously to call me ahead as if he had seen some thing really mind blowing......
and mind blowing it was........ when i reached there to my sweet surprise voila a ferrari 348ts and a porsche carrera folowed them aroun 25 km or so b4 they hit expressway we knew once on expressway we will see the fireworks and we did those ppl just took off aww man the ferrai sounded like sweet music to ears, we followed it, the only one really able to keep was kunal on his rd and tht too was a good 50m behind the ferrari and i was amazed by the way the 348 took the turn, a nice corner, fast one at 100mph mebbe rock steady flat out, for the first time i experienced in person wt ferraris are capable of.porsche too disappeared.we entered the tunnel we cudnt resist grining and stop the excitement coz the ferrari was roaring and so was kunals rd wt a melody boy oh boy ......so now it was time to part we moved out of the expressway and the ferrari went its way.we came bck homezaid managed a 135 on the speedo on his zma.nice zaid kool.

all in all a sunday well spent and oh yea zaid managed to get some videos and pics frm his 3650 sorry for the quality.kickin myself for not pickin up the handy cam damnit stupid me....ken u missed it man,u shud had been there.neways next time pal he he lol! for the time being ciao,take care..........
p.s u can spot kunal on his yellow rd in the rear view mirror of the zma in one of the pics.

and here are the pics,i hv to convert vdo's as they are in 3 gp format

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th April 2007 at 01:25. Reason: pic updated - dead photobucket link
Old 19th December 2004, 21:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Wow!! Nice pics mate!!! remember seeing that Targa 348 at Worli Sea face..and Dippy mistaking it to be Spidermans!!and that 996 Porsche....Awesome!!
Old 19th December 2004, 21:33   #3
Senior - BHPian

Nice pictures, would have liked you to take more pictures of the 996 Carrera though. Tell me something, bikes aren't allowed on the expressway right? So doing a little illegal motoring were we?
Old 19th December 2004, 21:48   #4
BHPian

nah pefectly legal,actually bikes are allowed to use 8-10 km stretch of the e.w. while entering and leavin lonavala frm nh4 ;-)
Old 19th December 2004, 21:59   #5
BHPian

guys guys trailing the 2 legends was quite an experience especially the part when they were on route for expressway frm lonavala the roads no doubt were pathetic or if theres anything worse than pathetic,these cars were crawling at 10kmph,the engine of the ferrari was inches frm the ground, so we were with them but we knew when they hit the e.w. its gonna be special and we were rewarded for our patience.nothin compares to he sound of a ferrari when floored completely on an empty expressway.jeremy clarkson was absolutely correct when he called ferrari a scaled down version of God! now i knw!even though i hv nt been behind the wheel but frm wtever i hv seen today it is enuff to convince me.
Old 19th December 2004, 22:04   #6
Senior - BHPian

I guess Bikes are allowed in the Ghat section that is common for the old road and the expressway !!
Old 20th December 2004, 02:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

Hey great job there koolsun. Its always a treat to see exotics outside Mumbai and I must say the phone cam comes in handy.

Awesome pics too

Dippy
Old 20th December 2004, 04:47   #8
Team-BHP Support

Hey koolsun!

that is such an insane set of pics man!!!! awesome!!!
Its so amazing to see exotics in india...and then its even better when you see them out and about in the countryside.

I saw the same 348ts on marine drive some time back, its very noticable that the differential is pretty low to the ground! It has quite a barritone roar...nice (wait till u hear the 355 though :P )

cheers
R
Old 20th December 2004, 07:31   #9
BHPian

hey rehaan i hv trailed the 355 and the 360 as well i shud say the 355 has the best sound system of all.
Old 20th December 2004, 12:56   #10
GTO
Team-BHP Support

WHOA! Your group has an RD in it, go to lonavla and see these exotics in action...Now thats my kind of a Sunday.

Great recap of the day, and I think your RD friend is a dude....racing against a Ferrari on his RD!! I thought bikes just wernt let on the expressway. How did you guys pull it off?

Thanks for sharing so many pictures

GTO
Old 20th December 2004, 13:17   #11
Team-BHP Support

Hey koolsun, amazing pics man! the way they turned out makes them look like oil paintings!

I'm waiting to get my new bike, then i'm gonna join you guys on your trips! If ya don't mind that is...

Rt
Old 20th December 2004, 14:52   #12
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtech
I'm waiting to get my new bike,
Heyy... what u got planned Rtech?

R
Old 20th December 2004, 15:18   #13
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan
Heyy... what u got planned Rtech?

R

well, scouting the market. Its real hard to plan anything as such...just depends on what's available at the time...and right now, I'm having a hard time finding anything really!

But, its not going have less than 4 cylinders

Rt

P.s. this is all thanks to GTO...
Old 20th December 2004, 15:21   #14
Senior - BHPian

Aaaah... Rtech is getting a new bike... great... i am hazarding you buying a 250cc+ bike pal.

Amazing pics Koolsun. Totally a car n bike nut's weekend. An RD350 pressed between your knees is a totally amazing feeling. Two nights back i managed to hop a ride on a red 2003 R1, that in itself was a mind-blowing experience. Though what makes yours even more special is the fact that you had a 348TS and 996 Carrera for company.

Great job once again.

Revvmaster
Old 20th December 2004, 16:32   #15
BHPian

thnx guys for ur response yea tht was real fun sunday njoyed everybit of it.hey rtech u cud always join us dude always better to hv a big grp goin on rides,btw we do hang out on orli sea face on sat nites usually, go out for a ride .we are participating in the speed run again this year with the rd,rxg,karizma and the pulsar.

Most Viewed