Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2013, 16:13   #121
Senior - BHPian

Re: Pics: Rolls Royce Phantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Got this from Supercars in India Page. The owner is definitely has some guts to do this on a Rolls

Source : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
This is serious lack of taste, looks so disgusting .

Pains to see people wrapping everything left right and centre!!

Wonder where this Yellow Plate DHC came from, the pic looks like its from Mumbai and the Red Soft Top was on the White DHC.

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 16th May 2013 at 16:14.
Maverick5490 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 16:45   #122
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
This is serious lack of taste, looks so disgusting .
Pains to see people wrapping everything left right and centre!!Wonder where this Yellow Plate DHC came from, the pic looks like its from Mumbai and the Red Soft Top was on the White DHC.
This is what it looks like from another angle! Its an all new car i believe, those are temporary yellow plates. Car is from Mumbai, not sure of the count of DHC's in the country.

Source: Supercars and Exotics in Mumbai fb page- https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1
India's first Rolls Royce DHC is here!!-dhc.jpg

Last edited by PPS : 16th May 2013 at 16:52.
Old 16th May 2013, 16:53   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
This is what it looks like from another angle! Its an all new car i believe, those are temporary yellow plates. Car is from Mumbai, not sure of the count of DHC's in the country.

Source: Supercars and Exotics in Mumbai - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...levant_count=1
Thats the look I have after seeing the side profile. It looks like the White DHC which was first sold in Hyderabad, then Delhi is now in Mumbai back from the Graveyard!!

Edit: Just re-visited a few old threads and founf the pic of the White DHC which was with a Blue Roof! No idea where this Ghostly DHC has come from!
Attached Thumbnails
India's first Rolls Royce DHC is here!!-dhc0.jpg  

Last edited by Maverick5490 : 16th May 2013 at 16:57.
Old 16th May 2013, 17:01   #124
Senior - BHPian

I believe both the DHCs in India came with the old design wheels as pictured above in the white one. The grey car (with black rag-top?) later swapped to Kahn rims.

The matte black car on the other hand has the new alloy design.
Old 16th May 2013, 17:02   #125
BHPian

***!!

that's sacrilege!!

how can someone do this to such a royal car?? maybe some blue blooded guy who was again handled short handedly by some rolls royce official??
Old 16th May 2013, 17:04   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaBravo View Post
Got this from Supercars in India Page. The owner is definitely has some guts to do this on a Rolls

Source : https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
To think rolls Royce scans the profiles of customers before giving them their cars. Absolute bull
Bluebeem is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 17:29   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
To think rolls Royce scans the profiles of customers before giving them their cars. Absolute bull
+1. Don't think Rolls Royce does that. Even Mobile store managed to get & advertise on one. By the way, That Red & White RR looked hideous too.
Old 16th May 2013, 17:58   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
Thats the look I have after seeing the side profile. It looks like the White DHC which was first sold in Hyderabad, then Delhi is now in Mumbai back from the Graveyard!!

Edit: Just re-visited a few old threads and founf the pic of the White DHC which was with a Blue Roof! No idea where this Ghostly DHC has come from!
This was the car whose PDI has also been done at Navnit Motors. It belongs to a builder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebeem View Post
If a person has bought a couple of Rolls Royces and decides to play with one, its not a problem. Rolls Royce does not keep scanning a persons profile on multiple purchases. This is a wrap done and can be removed anytime. I think you need to see the Arab boys and what they do with their toys.
Old 16th May 2013, 18:13   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
If a person has bought a couple of Rolls Royces and decides to play with one, its not a problem. Rolls Royce does not keep scanning a persons profile on multiple purchases. This is a wrap done and can be removed anytime. I think you need to see the Arab boys and what they do with their toys.
Funny you should say that. I was residing in Dubai for some time before I moved to india a couple of years back. Never ever ever ever came across such an ugly RR or any other Car. Just a couple of chrome and gold played SLRs which didn't look so bad (compared this piece of garbage) excuse my language. Can't control it seing this car.

I always thought rolls Royce do their fair bit in assessing the lineage/personality and sophistication of families/people before they want them to be seen In one of their cars. I do think whoever did this to the car would not seem normal in person. :P.

Wont be surprised if Very soon Indian RRs should infamously find mention in global journals/news for wht we do to our RRs. Much like the Arabs you mention.
Bluebeem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 18:39   #130
BHPian

but on a different note

does Rolls Royce have any control over the second hand cars? i mean how can they decide or shortlist who can be the second owner of the car?

for a new car i can understand they have a say that the lineage matters - but let's say someone sells off his rolls royce to some one who actually wants to make a it a bling roller!!

i doubt the company has any say in it
samyakmodi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2013, 08:49   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
This was the car whose PDI has also been done at Navnit Motors. It belongs to a builder.

Ah! It must me a new one then. Will try to get out more details, hav'nt been in touch off late.

Regarding scanning of prospective buyers, its true, now all brands including RR are only interested in numbers, have money will sell!
Old 17th May 2013, 08:52   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samyakmodi View Post
but on a different note

does Rolls Royce have any control over the second hand cars? i mean how can they decide or shortlist who can be the second owner of the car?

for a new car i can understand they have a say that the lineage matters - but let's say someone sells off his rolls royce to some one who actually wants to make a it a bling roller!!

i doubt the company has any say in it
RR is trying hard to enter the used RR market called "Provenance". But the external buyer and seller being more lucrative are unable to penetrate in the market. So as such there is no control over the used car market.
Old 18th May 2013, 22:49   #133
BHPian

Re: Rolls Royce Ghost (in Mumbai)

Hey guys, just spotted a brand new Matte Black Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe with a red roof on CRTM No. Plates in Mumbai (Andheri) to be exact.

Anyone have any idea who it belongs to???

Sorry for posting in the ghost thread, couldn't find the Phantom thread.

Mods please move if needed.
Old 20th May 2013, 09:31   #134
Senior - BHPian

Re: India's first Rolls Royce DHC is here!!

Got more updates about the Ghastly DHC, belongs to a prominent builder in Bandra which was used in the UK and now in India probably on Carnet, hence the yellow plates. Am trying to get more pics of the same.
Old 20th May 2013, 09:59   #135
BHPian

If it was only matte black I think it looks quite good. But the skulls on the side look childish and crap

Most Viewed