Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:06   #151
BHPian

Max speed allowed during running in 170 ??

Wow!!
Old 23rd January 2008, 02:43   #152
Senior - BHPian

@ Crazy Eddy: Hey, no offense taken dude! I was amused by your remark. To be honest it isn't the greatest garage around, but it's mine, keeps the car safe, clean and away from prying eyes, so...it'll do nicely! As for the Indian conditions thing, yes, I'd say this car is as close as you can expect any sports car to be "suitable for India". The ground clearance is low, so you have to be careful, but it's not as low as some other sports cars such as Porsches, Ferraris, Lambos, etc. The ride is also firm, but quite comfortable. In fact, on comfort mode (there are three suspension stiffness settings) I would say the car rides better than the RFT-shod 3 series. Mileage...well, I've seen as little as 3.5 Km/L when I've been on a 90 min crawl across Bombay (covering barely 20 Km in those 90 mins) and I've seen as high as 9 Km/L when cruising fairly slow on the highway in 6th gear, but on the whole I'd say around 5 Km/L, again not too bad, since it's still a new engine and given that it's a 4 litre V8. Hey, my damn Cielo barely gave me 5 Km/L some years back!

@ Guess: The service interval is condition based. This means that the on-board computer monitors everything from driving style to ambient conditions to how long your average trip is, to how often the engine is started and stopped, etc. In any case, I believe that M division has revised the E92 M3 service schedule to 1200 Kms for the first service, but still, factoring-in everything, my first service did come-up early. The seven-speed twin-clutch gearbox is supposed to be THE BOMB from all accounts, but I think I would still have gone for the manual. This is BMW's first attempt at the new transmission and anyway, to my mind, nothing beats having complete control and three pedals. Still...you can't argue with the numbers, the DCT car is supposed to be around half a second quicker to 100 Km/h, which is very impressive! As for the looks thing, I prefer the look of the E90 to the new C, but the E92 does look a LOT nicer than even the E90.

@ Shuv: Nope I really ran-out of options with numbers and, honestly, I got fed-up with all the inconvenience so I've just got a plain-Jane number on the car...tsk...really ruins the whole deal! :P

@ Ishan: Lol dude, you crack me up! BTW, I'm done with running it in, and I've pulled her hard in first and second a couple of times, and only one thing comes to mind - timewarp - she just pulls and pulls all the way to 8,300 rpm and what a sound she makes!

@ Toingg: Yes, that was a painful thought while I was running-in the car, but anyway, it wasn't that bad, since I AM a good law-abiding citizen in any case! ;o)
Old 23rd January 2008, 02:50   #153
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Eddy View Post
...Great car once again! And I'm sure friends of mine can testify to the fun we've had driving it on the PC simulator - BMW M3 Challenge : m3challenge: Home (P.s: This is a simulator in the true sense, so don't come away disappointed if you can't do your NFS style drifting)
Really? Does the sim accurately model the way the power delivery (and sound) goes totally bananas once you pass 6,000 rpm?!
Old 23rd January 2008, 03:25   #154
BHPian

Hey, KBK_75. You are in a unique, rather perfect position to pass judgment on the BMW M3 simulator being the proud owner of one. Would love to hear you thoughts on how it feels to drive on the simulator. Of course there is no comparison, after all this is a PC game but your thoughts would be interesting to say the least.

M3 challenge is available here - m3challenge: Home.

Cheers
Old 24th January 2008, 00:50   #155
Senior - BHPian

Right, played the game a bit! It's ok I suppose, basically an unabashed method to plug the car!

I will say this though...it makes me want to get out of the house and do it for real!
Old 24th January 2008, 01:07   #156
BHPian

Nice , very nice. Congratulations.
Old 24th January 2008, 01:15   #157
BANNED

do u have reg yet or no man ? do u even drive this car at all. looks like u are making space in your living room to park this babe eh.
Old 24th January 2008, 01:27   #158
Senior - BHPian

Well, the fact that I'm more or less done running-in in under two months (with vacations in-between) should answer that one! :P

Yes, I have my final reg no.
Old 24th January 2008, 02:22   #159
BHPian

BMW has been rather innovative with its marketing. Just a couple of years ago they had these great short clips directed by renowned directors. Those got a lot of play. That was by Fallon, USA and was got them and BMW lots of awards.
Now this game, its like priming the youngsters to go get one as soon as they can afford it. Someone in BMW Marketing is doing a good job.

Ps: I haven't driven an M3, however in the game it does sound really good, does it sound like that in real life?

Last edited by raul : 24th January 2008 at 02:23.
Old 24th January 2008, 10:41   #160
Senior - BHPian

Haha! In fact, while playing, I was just thinking how sad the in-game engine sound was and how much better the real thing was!
Old 24th January 2008, 11:02   #161
BHPian

Ummm.. Errrmmmm... You wanna do something about about your avatar now that you've switched camps
Old 24th January 2008, 11:45   #162
Senior - BHPian

Hey, who said anything about switching camps...I've never owned a Ferrari, so I'm sticking with my old one!
Old 24th January 2008, 12:05   #163
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
Hey, who said anything about switching camps...I've never owned a Ferrari, so I'm sticking with my old one!
and the reg no is mate ???
Old 24th January 2008, 12:26   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
@ Ishan: Lol dude, you crack me up! BTW, I'm done with running it in, and I've pulled her hard in first and second a couple of times, and only one thing comes to mind - timewarp - she just pulls and pulls all the way to 8,300 rpm and what a sound she makes!
You do know that you're rubbing it in even more now!!

Note to self: Must win that Jackpot Lottery soon!
Old 24th January 2008, 14:21   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
and the reg no is mate ???
8900...I'll leave the rest out...not too keen on these things floating around the internet!

Most Viewed