Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2009, 12:07   #256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
One thing I will say I have sometimes felt is that the exhaust note is not aggressive enough on the M3, especially inside the car. To that end an after-market silencer may be a decent mod. I'm all for performance and not so much for the "show" of things though, so I didn't really feel it was worth getting a (quite expensive) Eisenmann exhaust that didn't really add any performance, but just made a more aggressive sound. In addition, I believe the Eisenmann box requires that you cut your OE exhaust pipes just before the silencer and then weld the Eisenmann box to them, which I did not want to do either. There are a few more easy to do mods such as custom air intakes and things, which I am not so convinced about either. For the most part I'd say the car doesn't really need any mods. Now if you were to add a blower to the car, maybe that would be a worthwhile mod!

Edit: One thing I forgot to add! I was once told by a cop that my silencer had a problem and that I should get it fixed! So from the outside apparently the stock exhaust IS loud enough!
If you want performance + sound = Active Autowerke
The guys at AA have an excellent F1 esque exhaust + ECU remap+ Pulley .
I'll be getting Eisenmann exhaust + VRS CF exterior + AA ECU and Pulley + HRE rims and maybe KW Coils if I can find someone who can tune the suspension right. End result will be as shown in the pictures. Of course , my M3 would look just the same minus that drop!
All pictures are from M3Post and are of Tony Kanaan's car! Big fan of his collection !

Also , you should check for the BMW Performance steering wheel offered by BMW for ~1 L . I am getting that retro fitted at the dealership pre delivery.

Pictures of the same and video :

Attached Thumbnails
E92 BMW M3 - Mmmm...she's a dream!-tk1.jpg  

E92 BMW M3 - Mmmm...she's a dream!-tk2.jpg  

E92 BMW M3 - Mmmm...she's a dream!-tk4.jpg  

E92 BMW M3 - Mmmm...she's a dream!-tk3.jpg  

ecksreturns is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2009, 12:16   #257
Distinguished - BHPian

Ecks- Wanna gift me your stock steering, it should fit perfectly on my 5

Have you checked out the stuff Dinan and Hamman have for the M3? You should (if you haven't already) browse around m3 forums to find out what works best and get good sources to buy from too.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:33   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Ecks- Wanna gift me your stock steering, it should fit perfectly on my 5

Have you checked out the stuff Dinan and Hamman have for the M3? You should (if you haven't already) browse around m3 forums to find out what works best and get good sources to buy from too.

Yeah you can have my M wheel . As you can see Sahil , I have done my home work. I have checked ever major tuner (ranging from Hamaan,Dinan,AA,Amuse Ericcson,alpine,hartage ,remus,racing dynamics,Miesterschaft etc etc) and emailed the ones that interested me . I have pretty much all the details I need. Since I am heading to the States in some time , I will purchase them directly from the dealers and bring it back for installation.

EDIT - KBK , AA is coming out with a turbo kit for the E92 M3!

Last edited by ecksreturns : 10th March 2009 at 12:51.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:52   #259
Senior - BHPian

@ ecks, yes I'd read that article before. The interesting mod to me is the supercharged M3 that makes great gains in both hp and tq. The AA suspension and drop would kill the car's practicality. The ECU remap, pulley and exhaust will void your warranty for just over 10% power gain. Think that's worth it? That steering wheel is not to my liking either. Don't like the alcantara on it and it's a bit boy-racer-ish!

You look like you've done your homework, so all the best with all your mods on your new car once it's here!

Edit: I do like those rims, but 20s will again kill your ride and you'll be buying new tyres every month.

Re-edit: If you're not getting the full AA exhaust system, you will not even make a 10% gain in hp, because a sizeable chunk of AA's (ecu+pulley+exhaust) gains come from better breathing, not from the ECU remap.

Last edited by kbk_75 : 10th March 2009 at 13:02.
Old 10th March 2009, 12:57   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@ ecks, yes I'd read that article before. The interesting mod to me is the supercharged M3 that makes great gains in both hp and tq. The AA suspension and drop would kill the car's practicality. The ECU remap, pulley and exhaust will void your warranty for just over 10% power gain. Think that's worth it? That steering wheel is not to my liking either. Don't like the alcantara on it.

You look like you've done your homework, so all the best with all your mods on your new car once it's here!
The drop won't be that drastic for sure. Will have to balance that (if I get it at all) with daily use and long distance travel. Yes the warranty will be void but I think it is worth it , plus there are no known issues with that setup of ECU/Pulley/Exhaust.
I too don't digg the steering wheel alcantara , but have heard good thing about it reliability . Also checked out AC Schnitzer's flat bottom steering wheel for it . So may opt for that . But immediate mods would be the rims(not the suspension),exhaust and CF exterior bits. Steering wheel is still on hold and ECU and Pulley are for post break in period.

Will definitely like to meet up with you some time. You are a good man and have similar interestes.

EDIT - Will probably go for 19" in any case. 20" would = suicide.

EDIT 2 - Add to that GP thunder bulbs . They basically change the yellow cornering lights and halo's to white/blue. You should definitely get those. 45$ for a set from ebay.

Last edited by ecksreturns : 10th March 2009 at 13:01.
Old 10th March 2009, 13:50   #261
Senior - BHPian

Sounds good. Get the entire AA exhaust system if you want the power mods to be worth your time, money and effort. If it's just the deeper sound you're after the Eisenmann, Remus, whichever will do the trick.

I would not get just the end-can if I was looking to also get the ecu remap and the pulley.

Last edited by kbk_75 : 10th March 2009 at 13:51.
Old 10th March 2009, 15:23   #262
Senior - BHPian

BTW, check out this video. Not sure what mods the car is running, but the top speed is HUGELY impressive, even if you factor in around 10% speedo error and assume that the car is running down-hill with a tail wind!

Last edited by kbk_75 : 10th March 2009 at 15:25.
Old 10th March 2009, 17:51   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW, check out this video. Not sure what mods the car is running, but the top speed is HUGELY impressive, even if you factor in around 10% speedo error and assume that the car is running down-hill with a tail wind!

YouTube - M3 e92 Top speed2

GOD! I can't even start to imagine what kind of brakes , down force would be required to keep that car stable at that speed! Looks like the speed limiter was removed from the ECU.
Old 10th March 2009, 17:59   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

OMG

what the hell was that lol
Old 10th March 2009, 18:07   #265
Senior - BHPian

Yes, speed limiter was definitely removed, and there's definitely speedo error, but still that look's like damn near 290-295 true speed. Not bad at all.

E92 M3 maxed out Rahul!
Old 10th March 2009, 18:22   #266
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, speed limiter was definitely removed, and there's definitely speedo error, but still that look's like damn near 290-295 true speed. Not bad at all.

E92 M3 maxed out Rahul!
i know M3 is one hell of a car, one of my favorites but never knew it can do those speeds ..... M3
Old 11th March 2009, 01:29   #267
BHPian

Quote:
dam, the speedo needle just keeps going on and on. had no idea the m3 was capable of such speeds even with aftermarket mods.
Old 11th March 2009, 01:56   #268
Senior - BHPian

Holy moly ! 328 !
100-200 in approx 11.5s, 200-300 in another 28ish.
Seemed to be 3 shifts from 100 onwards. Would this be in top gear or one but?
Old 11th March 2009, 02:05   #269
Senior - BHPian

Definitely top gear, manual shifts to sixth at around 260 or so.
Old 13th March 2009, 10:10   #270
v10
BHPian

another amazing video--

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks