Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2010, 23:13   #76
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diecast View Post
Some pics of BMW M6 in Chandigarh guraded by a security guy.

hey this is nice man.stealing pics taken by me and posting them again.lol.
Old 22nd April 2010, 23:10   #77
Senior - BHPian

@speed666

What other cars have you been using (in India)? Or is it your daily drive?
Also, 38000 kms in a car like M6 is quite commendable considering that the tarmac deterioration is directly proportional to distance from Chandigarh.
So, a full fledged thread (when its possible for you) with pics and details regarding the trips undertaken in this car will be very welcomed.

Another thing, If I remember correctly, a few years back I read in some international magazine that If you put the M6 into "Drive" mode, during the first-second shift the tranny disengages the gear, revs die down to idle, the digital clutch pauses before reengaging in second gear and ordering the throttle back into action, and when the gear reengages, the car lurches like it's sucked up a bit of bad gas.
Also the scalar controller to adjust the aggressiveness of the gearshift, does not smooth out these gear transitions.

Is all of it really as true as it was mentioned? Or are manual changes a better option in city traffic? I am quite keen because you have been using the car in all kind of regular conditions and there is no better source than a well informed owner.

Regards.

Last edited by YC.BALENO.CHD : 22nd April 2010 at 23:20.
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:10   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC.BALENO.CHD View Post
@speed666

What other cars have you been using (in India)? Or is it your daily drive?
Also, 38000 kms in a car like M6 is quite commendable considering that the tarmac deterioration is directly proportional to distance from Chandigarh.
So, a full fledged thread (when its possible for you) with pics and details regarding the trips undertaken in this car will be very welcomed.

Another thing, If I remember correctly, a few years back I read in some international magazine that If you put the M6 into "Drive" mode, during the first-second shift the tranny disengages the gear, revs die down to idle, the digital clutch pauses before reengaging in second gear and ordering the throttle back into action, and when the gear reengages, the car lurches like it's sucked up a bit of bad gas.
Also the scalar controller to adjust the aggressiveness of the gearshift, does not smooth out these gear transitions.

Is all of it really as true as it was mentioned? Or are manual changes a better option in city traffic? I am quite keen because you have been using the car in all kind of regular conditions and there is no better source than a well informed owner.

Regards.
That does happen but only if you keep the car in SMG 1 OR 2, if you go 3 to 6 its decreases proportionally in intensity but I prefer to use the manual mode 99% of the time and that gets rid of the problem all together. Using my right hand on the wheel to shift up with the paddle shifter and using my left hand on the stick to shift down. This way i dont have to keep both hands on the wheel at all times and it gives me more flexibility which is very important for an everyday car in India.
speed666 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2010, 15:15   #79

on the note of starting my own thread... I dont like to recall too much attention to myself so we can continue this one and I can continue answering any queries my fellow petrol heads have. Regarding cars I drive, In India I also drive the x5 4.4 (last model style)a Prado and Merc E220. The rest of the cars on my profile are in the same garage but everyone of my family members are DRIVERS and love their cars.. we dont use hired help, we love to drive and we love our cars. Hell I washed and waxed the car car myself for the first year I had it. I used to work in a detailing shop in Canada when I was a teenager so I do a better job den anyone I know.

^^edit> I dont like to Call^^ not recall

Last edited by Dippy : 26th April 2010 at 09:47. Reason: Back to back posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks