Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2007, 13:21   #16
BHPian

g55 amg !!

i spotted a black g55 amg , it isn't as big as a hummer kindof looks like a bolero from behind , any bhpians in delhi aware of this ?
Old 7th December 2007, 13:30   #17
BHPian

I've seen a maroon colour G-class from jn near Haji Ali mosque in Mumbai..its the first time I'm seeing one, I look big among other cars...
Old 7th December 2007, 16:16   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline gtr r34 View Post
i spotted a black g55 amg , it isn't as big as a hummer kindof looks like a bolero from behind , any bhpians in delhi aware of this ?
yes, seen this car in khan market once.
Old 7th December 2007, 16:32   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
As you are all aware, G-wagen/G-class, is the rarest Merc model, especially in..............

Even before opening the thread I was sure its going to be Mr.Hanmust . Even am a great G-wagon fan (not merc :( ). They surely got oodles of tradition and respect like very few in the segment.
Old 7th December 2007, 17:05   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp View Post
Even before opening the thread I was sure its going to be Mr.Hanmust . Even am a great G-wagon fan (not merc :( ). They surely got oodles of tradition and respect like very few in the segment.

Thanx Dude...for u'stading me vey well...i believe U r a beemer fan..

Last edited by hanmust : 7th December 2007 at 17:06.
Old 7th December 2007, 17:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

Friends, I own a BJ series Landcruiser from the '80s, which they also call the "military peoples carrier" and its far stronger than the G wagon from Mercs.
No offense to anybody, but the one in Mumbai was on sale even 6 years back and I had taken a trial, and decided that it was nothing much, except a crude but dependable MPV from Mercedes. the deisgn is so similar to the trax or vice a versa rather!! sorry. Just that the mechanicals are Mercedes quality!!
The BJ series LC's from Toyota are Far more Popular with army's around the world than the G wagons from Mercs.
Old 7th December 2007, 19:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby05 View Post
Friends, I own a BJ series Landcruiser from the '80s, which they also call the "military peoples carrier" and its far stronger than the G wagon from Mercs.
No offense to anybody, but the one in Mumbai was on sale even 6 years back and I had taken a trial, and decided that it was nothing much, except a crude but dependable MPV from Mercedes. the deisgn is so similar to the trax or vice a versa rather!! sorry. Just that the mechanicals are Mercedes quality!!
The BJ series LC's from Toyota are Far more Popular with army's around the world than the G wagons from Mercs.

Dude, I do agree that BJ Landcruiser is a sturdy vehicle & is one of the classic 4wds...but it doesn't mean that the G-wagen is nothing in front of it...i'm happy that both of these r pure off-roader, not like the new gen SUVs..

Toyota might be the largest auto-makers, but most of thier cars r build to cost, where as most of the Mercs (except the late 90s & early 2000s models) r build to last...like Hummer H1, G-wagen was developed for pure milittary purpose & later due the demand it was civilised...unlike any other 4wds, its the longest lasting model ever, 28 years, and still has a load of demand for it, it shows its acceptance over the world..

Mean time, most of the leading experts have ranked G-wagen no.1 off-roader..as well as many of the most difficult expeditions are made either on G-wagens & Land Rovers...

The comfort level too is high in G-wagen compared to BJs..Even the latest FJ cruiser is not as much comfortable as the new Gs..

U may refer this site on off-roaders.. Kings off the road: Journey to Forever
Old 7th December 2007, 20:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

i saw a black G55 seemed brand new kinds had a almost 1 year old registration mark from Jalundhar Punjab near mahipal pur newdelhi
Old 21st December 2007, 10:16   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desideep View Post
i saw a black G55 seemed brand new kinds had a almost 1 year old registration mark from Jalundhar Punjab near mahipal pur newdelhi
i think G- WAGEN's are not made anymore , there is a new one coming soon
Old 21st December 2007, 10:18   #25
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i think G- WAGEN's are not made anymore , there is a new one coming soon
its already here and its called the GL.
Old 21st December 2007, 10:23   #26
BHPian

no , the GL is another SUV in the merc stable , the G class would coming in a new avtar soon. The GL is more of a RANGE ROVER , while the G class is a DEFENDER
Old 21st December 2007, 13:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
no , the GL is another SUV in the merc stable , the G class would coming in a new avtar soon. The GL is more of a RANGE ROVER , while the G class is a DEFENDER
Merc has extended the production of G-class till 2011...only after that a new G will come out...GL-is seperate version...
Old 22nd December 2007, 19:02   #28
BHPian

spotted a GL CLASS black in colour in juhu. couldnt take a pic as i was driving.

Klaus17

Last edited by Klaus17 : 22nd December 2007 at 19:03.
Old 22nd December 2007, 21:35   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus17 View Post
spotted a GL CLASS black in colour in juhu. couldnt take a pic as i was driving.

Klaus17
now this is gotta see.
Old 22nd December 2007, 23:54   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus17 View Post

Klaus17
wow...gr8 news...will Daimler India give us any surprise by introducing GL in Indian market

Most Viewed