Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2009, 08:46   #121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
BELATED EID MUBARAK BUDDY!! now that eid is over, when do you plan to start work on the Wagen?? (hope we're not getting too eager for it!!)
Thank you! It'll be admiting in this week as my work shop is filled with cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiandevil View Post
How about this one as a model to build yours, eh? I think this one is my favourite, Hamman modded G55 AMG in Matte White and Red Suede interiors, just beautiful.
Nice suggession, but sadly inform you that mine wouldn't be white.
Old 29th September 2009, 14:54   #122
BHPian

The white one looks cool.

Just saw a 2005 LHD Diesel automatic for sale here.

The chap wants $97,000 for it....

Man.. To expy. Dont know if they are still being produced in RHD Manual Diesel ?????
Old 29th September 2009, 15:02   #123
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted a white G-wagen in Pune yesterday, MH 21 regd. Have been seeing it on and off since a few years. Scratchless from what I recall.
Old 7th October 2009, 09:08   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post

Man.. To expy. Dont know if they are still being produced in RHD Manual Diesel ?????
Apparently they are. The car's not listed in the regular column on the UK website but can be found under 'export & diplomatic sales'. I guess that means brits can buy for exporting out of or for diplomats based in old blighty. I did see an 58' plate G55 sometime back in Windsor. It was an RHD model, no idea on how it got to be on standard civi plates, if the above holds true.

On second thought, I do remember spotting a brand new black G in the parking lot of Mercedes World at Brooklands. Unfortunately it wasn't available on the track as part of the AMG experience at that time.
Old 7th October 2009, 09:29   #125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Thank you! It'll be admiting in this week as my work shop is filled with cars.

Nice suggession, but sadly inform you that mine wouldn't be white.
any updates on the work on your G?
Old 7th October 2009, 12:52   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post

Only two RHD version are available on G-class right now, they are G55 AMG & G420 CDI. This is what I was told by one of best friend from Chennai who tried to import a new one to give company to his 300GD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlosdeville View Post
Spotted a white G-wagen in Pune yesterday, MH 21 regd. Have been seeing it on and off since a few years. Scratchless from what I recall.
This is owned by the MD of Merc's Pune dealer 'Millenium Motors' who also run some trekking school as passion. I had approached them through a friend from MB India to know whether he'll sell it, but unfortunelty no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
any updates on the work on your G?
Yup, started, but not got full swing due to heavy ruch in the work shop. Want to get the Paint booth free!
Old 8th October 2009, 13:05   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloneljasi View Post
Apparently they are. The car's not listed in the regular column on the UK website but can be found under 'export & diplomatic sales'. I guess that means brits can buy for exporting out of or for diplomats based in old blighty. I did see an 58' plate G55 sometime back in Windsor. It was an RHD model, no idea on how it got to be on standard civi plates, if the above holds true.

On second thought, I do remember spotting a brand new black G in the parking lot of Mercedes World at Brooklands. Unfortunately it wasn't available on the track as part of the AMG experience at that time.
Windsor, You seem to be a local fella to me, Where are you based. You do get to see cool motors around the windsor area. Shame i havent seen it as yet.

Are they still manufacturing the G wagen as its not listed on the Mercs website. I know you can pick up a brand new LHD petrol supercharged model in Dubai for a stack of cash
Old 8th October 2009, 13:58   #128
BHPian

AFAIK, the G55AMG's are made LHD at the AMG factory, and taken to some factory in Austria where they are converted to RHD. That factory produces G's for defence use. Don't know about G420CDI's. The G Wagen is not a popular vehicle, but it has a lot of snob value in the Gulf, especially Dubai. Must be due to the fact that it is a "sheik- mobile".
Old 8th October 2009, 17:07   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
AFAIK, the G55AMG's are made LHD at the AMG factory, and taken to some factory in Austria where they are converted to RHD. That factory produces G's for defence use. Don't know about G420CDI's. The G Wagen is not a popular vehicle, but it has a lot of snob value in the Gulf, especially Dubai. Must be due to the fact that it is a "sheik- mobile".
No Yeldo, I have to correct you! G-wagen is being manufactured in Steyr-Puch's factory in Austria since its birth. Both military as well as civilian versions are made there. Even nowadays G55 AMG model is also produced in the same factory. But on special case these G are taken to AMG factory & is redone there. I had talked to global Head of MB Passenger car plant from Pune when he was here for the new plant opening. For more referance here is the video on G-wagen being broadcasted in Mercedes-Benz TV.

Old 13th October 2009, 17:43   #130
BHPian

buddy!! what is the status of your beloved wagen?? has it gone for painting yet??

P.S: if its not too much trouble, could you post pics of your old range rover as well??
Old 24th October 2009, 18:33   #131
Senior - BHPian

Couple of interesting G-class videos:

G-class product film:

Last edited by hanmust : 24th October 2009 at 18:40.
Old 24th October 2009, 18:43   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
buddy!! what is the status of your beloved wagen?? has it gone for painting yet??

P.S: if its not too much trouble, could you post pics of your old range rover as well??
Sorry,m just now noticed ur post.

Ya, it already admitted, but I couldn't go to garage for last few days as I was not well.

I doubt I've once posted the photo of my Rangie in the Kerala thread, if not I'll post later.
Old 24th October 2009, 23:45   #133
Senior - BHPian

An amature video on 30th anniversary of G-wagen, but interesting & also show case the assembly line in which all type of Gs are build.

Old 30th October 2009, 16:25   #134
Senior - BHPian

These photo of a beautiful G250 Cabrio was send by my friend from Doha. Thought of sharing it for the G-class fans!
Attached Thumbnails
The rarest Merc: G-wagen-g250.jpg  

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-g250_2.jpg  

Old 3rd November 2009, 17:26   #135
BHPian

It will probably be sold at an auction for peanuts as all these company vechiles are

Most Viewed