Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2009, 09:46   #106
BHPian

I dont think a true G lover needs any inspiration right? I think Hanmust will do just fine, all I have to say is "hurry up".
Old 14th September 2009, 11:55   #107
Senior - BHPian

Lusting on Gwagen

I some how like this Gwagen. Has everytghing what it takes to be a comfortable and rugged 4x4. Few things appeal like this one, especially this one!
Attached Thumbnails
The rarest Merc: G-wagen-mercedesbenz_gwagen_edition30_10.jpg  

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-mercedesbenz_gwagen_edition30_9500x333.jpg  

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-mercedesbenz_gwagen_edition30.jpg  

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-mercedesbenz_gwagen_edition30_8.jpg  

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-mercedesbenz_gwagen_edition30_3.jpg  

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-mercedesbenz_gwagen_edition30_2.jpg  

Old 14th September 2009, 13:20   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
I dont think a true G lover needs any inspiration right? I think Hanmust will do just fine, all I have to say is "hurry up".
Buddy, thats an extra pressure on me. Anyway I'll defenetly try my best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod_nookala View Post
I some how like this Gwagen. Has everytghing what it takes to be a comfortable and rugged 4x4. Few things appeal like this one, especially this one!
This is one of my most favorite varient in G-wagen. Its pure off-roader version will all the rugged look & feel of a mechanical machine rather than a electronic sophitication.

I've recently got a test report of the same which was published in Auto Motor und Sport, unfortunetly it was in German. But the photos are so encauraging. There were some unique varients too like the EditionPUR, Edition30, Bullet Proof, 6x6, etc. Anyway here is the links to enjoy the rugged G-wagens.

Mercedes G-Klasse 6x6 - auto motor und sport

30 Jahre Mercedes G-Modell - auto motor und sport

EditionPUR

Bullet Proofed

Extreme modded Off roader

6x6

Old 14th September 2009, 13:38   #109
Senior - BHPian

Hani,

I am just so smitten by those G Wagen pictures especially the Black one. The silver must be an AMG right. I think I need to make a trip to your hometown just for your G Wagen and to meet you of course.
Old 14th September 2009, 15:59   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy View Post
Hani,

I am just so smitten by those G Wagen pictures especially the Black one. The silver must be an AMG right. I think I need to make a trip to your hometown just for your G Wagen and to meet you of course.
Always welcome dude, also bring our brother Karthi. But suggest you to visit atleast after a month if you want to see my G-wagen after the restoration.

Ofcourse, the silver one is AMG version of facelifted G. I too like the black one!

Last edited by hanmust : 14th September 2009 at 16:03.
Old 14th September 2009, 18:43   #111
BHPian

personal suggestion, PLEASE PAINT IT WHITE WITH BLACK WHEELS. im in love with that combination now. hopefully, when i come to kerala in jan, i will drop by to see your ride.
P.S: did that guy with the black hamann Gwagen sell it off ??
Old 14th September 2009, 23:02   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
After a long waiting of almost three & a half years I was able to own my dream machine, thank Almighty GOD.

I also thank Anish (anish9000), even though the car was with my friend, its Anish who first gave me the information of it. Moreover I'm also glad that I got my mean machine through my favorite forum TeamBHP. So I express my sincere gratitude to this enthusiastic forum.cheers:

Here are some of the first photos of my G-wagen which I took just after closing the deal. Its 1990 model, in line 5 diesel, 4-speed manual gear with 4wd system to support. Its a very torquie machine.

Shortly I'll post my experiance with my 300GD by driving it down to my home town Calicut around 3000kms. Once again thank GOD.
At one time in mid eighties Sanjay Narang of Ambassador group of hotels had a beautiful G wagon Black colour. he used to drive a lot on marine drive roads
Old 15th September 2009, 05:01   #113
BHPian

Amazing Pics

Isnt the Indian Tempo Traveller Trax based on the G Wagen ????
Old 15th September 2009, 08:58   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
personal suggestion, PLEASE PAINT IT WHITE WITH BLACK WHEELS. im in love with that combination now. hopefully, when i come to kerala in jan, i will drop by to see your ride.
P.S: did that guy with the black hamann Gwagen sell it off ??
Good suggession! Please don't feel bad if I didn't take your opinion, because my plan is not do white!

You are welcome, but please inform in advance when you come as I used to travel a lot!

Don't know whether the Hamann G is sold. My friend saw this inside a interior cleaning shop at Dubai adjuscent to his b-i-l's office.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allana13 View Post
Amazing Pics

Isnt the Indian Tempo Traveller Trax based on the G Wagen ????
No Tempo Trax is not based on G-wagen. It's just designed as a replica of G-wagen. But ofcource Tempo (now Force) used Mercedes engines, but it's not only for Trax, but also for Matador & Traveller. But Traveller is made using the old molds & design of a Merc model when it was upgraded or discontinued!
Old 15th September 2009, 09:35   #115
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post
sweet!! now there are atleast 2 G-wagens on team-bhp!!
@traumasurg: love your car buddy. simple and beautiful.
@hanmust: youve got some stiff competition!!
Just noticed this comment: good to know about this competition. Infact glad that another BHPian with a G-wagen that too newer model!
Old 15th September 2009, 14:25   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Good suggession! Please don't feel bad if I didn't take your opinion, because my plan is not do white!

You are welcome, but please inform in advance when you come as I used to travel a lot!

Don't know whether the Hamann G is sold. My friend saw this inside a interior cleaning shop at Dubai adjuscent to his b-i-l's office.

no hard feelings buddy. just make her look good (which im sure you will)

about the hamann wagen, i thought the cleaning shop was a showroom.
Old 16th September 2009, 23:10   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IQBAL VEERJI View Post
At one time in mid eighties Sanjay Narang of Ambassador group of hotels had a beautiful G wagon Black colour. he used to drive a lot on marine drive roads
The G wagon used to be Maroon not black and now it is white in colour. The car is still with them and is used at the sky chef office of theirs.

Hanmust the car i am sure when you are done with it would turn out wonderful. One suggestion the silver grey colour of the Extreme modded offroader picture with the AMG style black wheels of the white G would be a deadly combination. The expectation from you is high but i am sure whatever you decide would make the car outstanding. All the best and hope to see her in her new cloths soon.
Old 22nd September 2009, 19:29   #118
BHPian

BELATED EID MUBARAK BUDDY!! now that eid is over, when do you plan to start work on the Wagen?? (hope we're not getting too eager for it!!)
Old 22nd September 2009, 23:27   #119
BHPian

How about this one as a model to build yours, eh? I think this one is my favourite, Hamman modded G55 AMG in Matte White and Red Suede interiors, just beautiful.
Attached Thumbnails
The rarest Merc: G-wagen-hamanntyphoonmercedesbenzgclass003_100201881_l.jpg  

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-hamanng55amgautomotivegadgetsproduct3.jpg  

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-hamanng55typhoon7.jpg  

Last edited by indiandevil : 22nd September 2009 at 23:38.
Old 23rd September 2009, 06:30   #120
BHPian

The way the g55 goes is amazing.Had seen a g55 in Dubai smoking a hamann gallardo!Best 4x4 according to me!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks