Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2009, 12:54   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Hani Matt black looks great now hope you are getting the AMG style 5 spoke black wheels or Brabus Black wheels with All terrain tyres for the car. It would look awsome. Since you removed the rubbers are they good enough for the car or you have to order new ones. Over time they do get cracked and hard. Cant wait for this baby to get ready. All the best.

Hey Buddy, good suggession! But the wheel I opted is neither AMG, nor Brabus, but an after market off-road rim as recommented by an brotherly friend who has wast experiance in using G-wagen as well as some robust off-roaders. You can see his G-wagen on the first page of this thread. He told all these wheel tend to broke edges on extreme condition!
Old 10th November 2009, 13:35   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Hey Buddy, good suggession! But the wheel I opted is neither AMG, nor Brabus, but an after market off-road rim as recommented by an brotherly friend who has wast experiance in using G-wagen as well as some robust off-roaders. You can see his G-wagen on the first page of this thread. He told all these wheel tend to broke edges on extreme condition!
I have friends abroad who offroad with these wheels and have had no problems with them. These guys have jumped their G wagons and no broken edges at all. What i meant was not AMG or Brabus but similar designs or looking to them in black. The brand new originals cost a bomb and not practical to the pocket. Finding second hands one another pain and time consumeing. The wheels on your friends car is also very nice are these the kinds you have ordered for yourself? If yes then paint it matt black as well and you have a stunner. They look very similar to the Amg style.
Old 10th November 2009, 13:44   #153
Senior - BHPian

Hey hanmust,

this g-wagon of urs is it a diesel or a petrol?

arjun
Old 10th November 2009, 14:18   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have friends abroad who offroad with these wheels and have had no problems with them. These guys have jumped their G wagons and no broken edges at all. What i meant was not AMG or Brabus but similar designs or looking to them in black. The brand new originals cost a bomb and not practical to the pocket. Finding second hands one another pain and time consumeing. The wheels on your friends car is also very nice are these the kinds you have ordered for yourself? If yes then paint it matt black as well and you have a stunner. They look very similar to the Amg style.
Dude, except the matt black paint job I wanted to retain the orginality of W460 version, hence I was about to buy the 5-spoke design as seen in my friend's G. But he recommented some thing else over his wheel.

Anyway as you mentioned, I've already decided to paint it too with matt black. I was first inspired to paint full black when I saw the Edition30.PUR version of the G, launched by as part of its 30th birth day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Hey hanmust,

this g-wagon of urs is it a diesel or a petrol?

arjun
It's 300GD - 3.0L inline 5 cylinder diesel!
hanmust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2009, 15:12   #155
BHPian

OMG!!! you actually went for my suggestion of matt black!!!
just kidding buddy. great choice, adds a very macho look to that machine. cant wait for the final result.
keep up the good work and enjoy your ride!!
Old 10th November 2009, 16:47   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bivin View Post

OMG!!! you actually went for my suggestion of matt black!!!
just kidding buddy. great choice, adds a very macho look to that machine. cant wait for the final result.
keep up the good work and enjoy your ride!!

Ya defenetly ! Sure will update!
Old 10th November 2009, 17:53   #157
Senior - BHPian

Here are some more better photos. I was wondering wer it has gone, but by mistake saved in some other folder!
Attached Thumbnails
The rarest Merc: G-wagen-dsc00654.jpg  

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-dsc00655.jpg  

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-dsc00653.jpg  

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-04112009003.jpg  

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-04112009.jpg  

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-04112009001.jpg  

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-04112009002.jpg  

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-04112009005.jpg  

Old 10th November 2009, 18:34   #158
Senior - BHPian

Hanny Why matt black and not gloss black? is it because gloss would need bare metal/ground repaint? No offence not to my taste would rather go for the gloss color in the sample pics you have posted. I see to many matt black zen's and cheap japanese variety cars with this finish okay as they are cheap throwaways in Mumbai but your G is regal and matt is not suited for india first black attracts heat and none reflective surface would mean more heat trapped read Hotbox!
Old 10th November 2009, 19:27   #159
Senior - BHPian

The G-Wagen definitely needs better tires at-least on the stock rims. Also any specific reason why the roof has been retained to white ?
Is that a paint booth , if yes why is it wide open ? Chances of bubbles coming up on the paint job are really high. I hope that crossed your mind earlier.

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 10th November 2009 at 19:29.
Old 10th November 2009, 23:43   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmust View Post
Dude, except the matt black paint job I wanted to retain the orginality of W460 version, hence I was about to buy the 5-spoke design as seen in my friend's G. But he recommented some thing else over his wheel.

Anyway as you mentioned, I've already decided to paint it too with matt black. I was first inspired to paint full black when I saw the Edition30.PUR version of the G, launched by as part of its 30th birth day.
So its not going to be the wheels on this car either. These are the Amg kind i was talking off.
Honey is it that since you do alot of raod trips you are getting a similar roof rack fitted on the car and hence the roof is not painted or is it to wait for the restof the car to dry before he goes for the roof. Please do get thicker tyres for the G.
Old 11th November 2009, 09:17   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post
Hanny Why matt black and not gloss black? is it because gloss would need bare metal/ground repaint? No offence not to my taste would rather go for the gloss color in the sample pics you have posted. I see to many matt black zen's and cheap japanese variety cars with this finish okay as they are cheap throwaways in Mumbai but your G is regal and matt is not suited for india first black attracts heat and none reflective surface would mean more heat trapped read Hotbox!
Dude, I know there will be difference of opinion regarding the matt black, but it's my personal desire to go for it. May Zen & other Japanese imports are painting so, but the matt concept gives SUV, especially the off-roaders the rugged look it deserve! I've not so far felt a cheap look for it, I've seen lot of supercars in matt black from Dubai directly & other western countries in photos! I've also seen a G55 in matt black, same as the Hammann G which was posted earlier in this thread. Above all as mentioned, it's my personal choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
The G-Wagen definitely needs better tires at-least on the stock rims. Also any specific reason why the roof has been retained to white ?
Is that a paint booth , if yes why is it wide open ? Chances of bubbles coming up on the paint job are really high. I hope that crossed your mind earlier.
I know the present tires are the worst to be used in a G. I've already got a set of AT tires as in the photo!

No specific reason for the top to be white, the body is done to understand how it looks!

There is a very packed dust free pint booth, the first quote is done just to know how it look & to point out if there is any small dents! The main work will be done only in the booth!

Quote:
So its not going to be the wheels on this car either. These are the Amg kind i was talking off.
Honey is it that since you do alot of raod trips you are getting a similar roof rack fitted on the car and hence the roof is not painted or is it to wait for the restof the car to dry before he goes for the roof. Please do get thicker tyres for the G.
No buddy, I've not taken the photos of the wheels, will post it later.

It's not beacuse I'm fitting the roof rack it kept white, as mentioned the first paint quote was done to know how it looks as well as is there any minor dents which will be pointed specifically in black.
Attached Thumbnails
The rarest Merc: G-wagen-dsc00656.jpg  

Old 11th November 2009, 11:19   #162
Team-BHP Support

Most matt black cars that I have seen are not painted matt black. They have a thin matt laminate stuck on it
Old 11th November 2009, 13:07   #163
BHPian

How about something like this Hani???

Name:  Yellow G.jpg
Views: 2750
Size:  21.7 KB
wheeler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2009, 15:29   #164
BHPian

OMG!! that is injustice man!! although ive lived in dubai for almost all my life, i have to admit that these arabs are flooded with money but still most of them have absolutely no taste!!
Old 11th November 2009, 15:53   #165
Senior - BHPian

I think that G-class straight deserves a place in the weird and wacky jobs page.Definitely.Definitely agree with you Bivin .No taste or class.

Most Viewed