Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2008, 10:03   #46
Senior - BHPian

Hanmust my friend you have looking for one and now you have a choice of two to play with. the Maroon one you posted and the white one posted by anish9000. so take your pick and get one and one could be picked up by DKG. so both of you'll would be happy.
Old 14th August 2008, 10:42   #47
Senior - BHPian

@anish..where is this Merc for sale? Do u have any contacts?
Old 15th August 2008, 01:06   #48
BHPian

The car is in Delhi. Pm'ed you the details.
Old 15th August 2008, 07:20   #49
BHPian

Based solely on looks, how similar are the force gurkha/tempo trax and the G wagen?

I tried to compare pics and they seem very similar to me, is the trax an exact copy of the g wagen?

What about performance?
Old 15th August 2008, 07:55   #50
BHPian

Are Hannie Bhai , Heard from my dad that used G-Wagen are available in the Gelf dirt cheap , even a LH to RH Convertion kit would cost just around 2 Lakh and dutys and cost of the car and voila you have a Merc G-Wagen , just forget the whole idea
Old 15th August 2008, 08:22   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Are Hannie Bhai , Heard from my dad that used G-Wagen are available in the Gelf dirt cheap , even a LH to RH Convertion kit would cost just around 2 Lakh and dutys and cost of the car and voila you have a Merc G-Wagen , just forget the whole idea
Are you talking about the old g wagens? how would one import a car older than 3 years isn't that against the law?
Old 15th August 2008, 11:15   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofsatan View Post
Based solely on looks, how similar are the force gurkha/tempo trax and the G wagen?

I tried to compare pics and they seem very similar to me, is the trax an exact copy of the g wagen?

What about performance?
The trax and including Gurkha's critical parts are licensed and manufactured from the Benz and steyr puch(a auto component manufacturer heard they made the engines) I am not sure of the powertrain. They are indeed designed from the G-wagen.
I remember reading this from one of our members who is a proud Gurkha owner maybe he can elaborate things even more.

G-wagen actually stands for Geländewagen. Gelände means terrain in German but literally in English that translates to all terrain vehicle.

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 15th August 2008 at 11:26.
Old 15th August 2008, 11:29   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post
The trax and including Gurkha's critical parts are licensed and manufactured from the Benz and steyr puch(a auto component manufacturer heard they made the engines) I am not sure of the powertrain. They are indeed designed from the G-wagen.
I remember reading this from one of our members who is a proud Gurkha owner maybe he can elaborate things even more.

G-wagen actually stands for Geländewagen. Gelände means terrain in German but literally in English that translates to all terrain vehicle.
Wow thanks for the info I did not know all of that.

What about the body? Did force buy the old dies from benz? what about the body similarities?
Old 15th August 2008, 11:36   #54
BHPian

Well that is something i really don't know about , but definitely Caparo isn't making them for sure
Old 15th August 2008, 18:48   #55
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muneemmk View Post
Dude Muneem, I've already explored all that option. If we have to bring so with a good manner, the duties & the penality is costing very high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rranjith_kum View Post

Dude, I would like to make some corrections. Infact Force motors is being licenced to make the manual gearbox & tranfer case for the Mercedes Benz, which is mainly used in G. Rest every thing in Gurka is just a copy of G-wagen. But comparing Trax, Gurka is solidly build.

Galende mean cross-country.
Old 15th August 2008, 22:12   #56
BHPian

Gelände (G-class)

Im sorry han but he was right, i think youve looked it up on the net or wikipedia or something but Gelände literally means terrain in german and when the wagon is added to it the entire word Geländewagon becomes cross country vehicle but it doesnt on its own mean cross country.
Old 16th August 2008, 19:32   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immobiliare View Post
Im sorry han but he was right, i think youve looked it up on the net or wikipedia or something but Gelände literally means terrain in german and when the wagon is added to it the entire word Geländewagon becomes cross country vehicle but it doesnt on its own mean cross country.
I read it own Mercedes literatures, that by Galendewagon they ment as Cross-country Vehicle. I may be wrong as I don't know German, but I just mentioned what Merc mean for the G-wagon.
Old 16th August 2008, 22:15   #58
Senior - BHPian

Some pictures of a G Wagon captured by the British Army during the Falklands War. The car is now on show at Cosford Aerospace museum. The engines on these are said to be good for 300,000miles without any major engine overhaul.

The rarest Merc: G-wagen-img_1276.jpg
The rarest Merc: G-wagen-img_1277.jpg
The rarest Merc: G-wagen-img_1278.jpg
The rarest Merc: G-wagen-img_1281.jpg

Last edited by bigman : 16th August 2008 at 22:16.
bigman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2008, 23:48   #59
BHPian

@hanmust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immobiliare View Post

Excatly what I wanted to say !! and don't mistake me I am telling this as a German student, and yes they describe it as cross country vehicle.

Last edited by rranjith_kum : 16th August 2008 at 23:56.
Old 17th August 2008, 03:04   #60
BHPian

What about the 5 door G wagens? How hard are they to come across in India and how much do they run for?

@Hanmust - have you had a chance to talk to the owners of those two 3 doors that are up for sale?

Most Viewed