Team-BHP - Observation: Lexus / Landcruiser LX470/LX570's in Mumbai
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Observation: Lexus / Landcruiser LX470/LX570's in Mumbai (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/3235-observation-lexus-landcruiser-lx470-lx570s-mumbai.html)

While coming from Andheri to Sion, I noticed a Lexus LX470. Haha Nothing amazing in that but to my surprise it was a LandCruiser. The LandCruiser comes with Complete Headlight Cluster whereas the LX470 comes with headlights cut into 2 halfs. But this LandCruiser had the 2 half headlights as the LX470. At the rear, there was a Badge." LandCruiser Cygnus". It had a Landscape scene on the side which didnt look like an aftermarket product. Now thats really wierd..till now i knew LX470 and LandCruiser look different but this one was a mixture of the LandCruiser and the LX470. So is it that this version of the LandCruiser comes with the look of the LX470???

ya I seen a couple of Land Cruisers without the twin head-lamps in the front WITH those stickers, they look very beautiful

i think they are for different markets.

lexus cars are rebadged as toyota's for the japanese market - i think!

Most of the LX470's u see over here are nothing but Landcruisers with the Lexus makeover. Why would someone import a Lexus LX470 all the way from US when he can very well get a "Lexus converted" Landcruiser from the Mid East or Japan.

its quite simple really
most of the cars infact 99% are toyota landcruisers. new front end(lights bonnet bumper) & taillights make it a lexus lx470. if its a diesel then its definetly a toyota landcruiser.
best way to know if the steering wheel, will have a toyota /lexus emblem embossed.
also the lexus come only with one petrol engine, no diesel.so if its a 4.7 V8 then its a lx470

Quote:

best way to know if the steering wheel, will have a toyota /lexus emblem embossed.
Does the windshield have Toyota or Lexus on it? Also the Landcruiser has a 4200 cc diesel i guess.

I don't think Toyota sells the Lexus brand in Japan and most imports are from Japan. Hence the Landcruiser badging.

If you notice the picture of the LS430 I took, the badges have been removed and ready to be replaced with the Lexus badge. I wonder if they change the steering wheel logo? Also the logo on the key...hmmm

Rt

Ive seen one in chennai, it pops up at this petrol bunk I pass by everyday. In this case, though, it's a Lexus. I'll try to get pics.

I thought Lexus was mainly sold in North America. Japan should have the Toyota.

I once had a race with a Land Cruiser on the Blore Hubli highway. I don't know what engine spec it had but it wasn't that quick. I though Land Cruisers very fast vehicles.

Can anyone tell me which is the fastest Land Cruiser model. What about acceleration times.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Can anyone tell me which is the fastest Land Cruiser model. What about acceleration times.

I still dont get the point of acceleration figures of Suvs. Its not a part of their food (though some suvs can rip apart the acceleration figures of sportscars). Do we see how offroad a saloon or a sportscar can go??
They are not meant for acceleration but to tackle roads on which sportscars or saloons will feel shameful to travel!

from whatever i know, and then confirmed from sources(Toyota and our very own in house genius Domnic), all the lx 470's in RHD trim are all kit converts. Cos the original LX470 is just made in LHD trim for the american market, and i think the european too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stratos
I still dont get the point of acceleration figures of Suvs. Its not a part of their food (though some suvs can rip apart the acceleration figures of sportscars). Do we see how offroad a saloon or a sportscar can go??
They are not meant for acceleration but to tackle roads on which sportscars or saloons will feel shameful to travel!

agree:

eg. i guess would be the famed Cayenne being bashed at the last drag-meet on the sea-link road..
they're built for a specific purpose - though more than 70% of SUVs in urban areas never get their feet dirty..

Quote:

I thought Lexus was mainly sold in North America.
Its huge in Europe too. Lexus was introduced in the United States but is no longer exclusive to that.

GTO

Ok, let me try to explain this though I think I have done this earlier in some thread.

The LX 470 is exclusive to the US and Europe and come in both left hand and right hand drive versions. This is a 4700cc V8 and come's only in petrol.
Now what you see on Indian roads is basically a Toyota Landcruiser which come's witha 4200cc Diesel engine.

Dealers or Importers take one of these in Dubai and give it the "L Package" treatment. Basically that means they change the bonnet,headlamp cluster,taillamps and badges of the Landcruiser to that of a Lexus LX470. These are purchased as spare parts from any Toyota Spare Part Shop. And voila u get the LX470.

Now if you a see a petrol LX470. These are basically a Toyota Cygnus which is sold in Japan and again comes with a 4.7L V8. Now this looks exactly the same as a LX470 only the badging is Toyota. So the badges get changed to the L.

The LX 470 is not sold in Europe. The right hand drive version is available in Australia though.