Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2005, 12:52   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

I think both the silver SL's in bombay hv their own charm its hard to decide if i like the multi-spoke alloys or these.these have a better finish and look but the other ones spokes r to die for!
@S600BENZ - The yellow E in u r pic looks stunning... is it in bombay?what r the mods on it besides the paint job?
Old 18th February 2005, 12:03   #17
BHPian

Last sunday, drving down from koramangala, towards airport road saw on of these SL55 AMG . Black one. Through out the inner ring road I was foolishly trying to keep up with this beast.
I saw it taking a turn towards the golf course(this is a guess..). Ajmat, any idea who owns this?
Old 18th February 2005, 12:21   #18
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn
Last sunday, drving down from koramangala, towards airport road saw on of these SL55 AMG . Black one. Through out the inner ring road I was foolishly trying to keep up with this beast.
I saw it taking a turn towards the golf course(this is a guess..). Ajmat, any idea who owns this?
Never seen it, judging by direction, could be BPL
Old 18th February 2005, 15:33   #19
BHPian

lol..nice...man guys, come to orange county in southern california...i see SL55's daily..as well as all the rest of the exotics
Old 18th February 2005, 17:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza
lol..nice...man guys, come to orange county in southern california...i see SL55's daily..as well as all the rest of the exotics
Orange County.. Isn't it there the orange county choppers exist?!! They make some out of this world cruisers.... Watch their prg on TV regularly..
Just luv their machines!! Simply awesome...
Old 19th February 2005, 19:29   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I know!! I was at the UCI for a while, and absolutely loved the cosy feel of Orange county. What can beat an evening at huntington beach?

Buttttttttttttt the first time I went to school, I was stunned. Reason? Three Lamborghini Countachs in the parking lot. All owned by chinese/japanese/korean students.

GTO
Old 20th February 2005, 03:21   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
I know!! I was at the UCI for a while, and absolutely loved the cosy feel of Orange county. What can beat an evening at huntington beach?

Buttttttttttttt the first time I went to school, I was stunned. Reason? Three Lamborghini Countachs in the parking lot. All owned by chinese/japanese/korean students.

GTO
yah..i go to UCI, lol. No lambos owned by students on campus nowadays..but apparently a professor owns one (a lady too)..and another professor owns a Maserati. Ive seen a NSX in one of the parking lots near PSLH underneath covers. Apparently a while back, soemone used to drive a Skyline GTR to school...there was a report of a Bentley Continental GT in one of the parking structures. There are EVOs, STi's, Corvettes, BMWs, Benzes, Acuras, Lexus's, u name it..u can find it all in the parking lots here. Imma miss it all when i come to india for school later this year, lol.
Old 20th February 2005, 20:47   #23
BHPian

@Sahil.http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...ghlight=AM1000
All the details on the yellow E on the above link.
Old 19th March 2005, 20:39   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
Orange County.. Isn't it there the orange county choppers exist?!! They make some out of this world cruisers.... Watch their prg on TV regularly..
Just luv their machines!! Simply awesome...

No Vin....dude they happen to be from New York....just the name OCC.

Cheers!!!

->P
Old 16th June 2007, 02:19   #25
Senior - BHPian

Was on my way to the suburbs when I saw this sight which made me gasp. "Another one bites the dust?" I wondered.
Not again, just when we were coming to terms with the sad news of the Black Subaru Sti's crash, I saw this and wondered,"Were my worst fears coming true?"

Closer inspection showed that there were no damage marks on the car. Not visible at least. The front bumper looked dislocated. Had the bumper been damaged only? What was going on?

Could'nt help it. More so coz i knew whom the car belonged too. Inquired with the truck driver and found out the cars not damaged. The bumper needed a fixing job as it became loose. The car was on its way to the workshop and would be ready soon.
Thanks heavens no crash!!
Scared you guys, did'nt I?

Last edited by Dippy : 16th June 2007 at 10:31.
Old 17th May 2008, 18:10   #26
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Seen this blue SL55 AMG today at a garage. Some work being done on the bonnet and side vents i guess. It had the same 5-spoke wheels as Spiderman's SL55. The SL55, AMG and V8 Kompressor badges were missing though.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : Silver SL55 AMG + Scoop News.-sl2.jpg  

Old 18th May 2008, 01:05   #27
Senior - BHPian

Thats definetly an SL55 engine in that car. Looks like it has been debaged to save taxes. So that means yet another Sl55 amg in Mumbai.

See under the hood of an Sl55, the engine is the same. If you guys search for the Sl500 engine it has a completely different look under the hood.
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : Silver SL55 AMG + Scoop News.-dsc_3660whitesl55.jpg  

Old 18th May 2008, 01:32   #28
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, its definitely an SL55 AMG. Sorry about the panoramic roof heavyfoot, my mistake. This car had : AMG on the seats, speedometer, brakes, AMG 5-spoke wheels, quad exhausts ... everything. The Mercedes badge on the bonnet was missing though (along with the other badges).
The mechs were driving around in the car with the top down. When they returned back, the boot was open and the roof was half way up. Maybe they forgot that the car has to be completely stopped to lower/raise the roof. Have some more pics, will post them tomorrow.
Old 18th May 2008, 14:10   #29
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more pics of the SL55 :
Attached Thumbnails
Pics : Silver SL55 AMG + Scoop News.-sl551.jpg  

Pics : Silver SL55 AMG + Scoop News.-sl552.jpg  

Pics : Silver SL55 AMG + Scoop News.-sl553.jpg  

Old 18th May 2008, 15:08   #30
BHPian

Now thats a mercedes taking a beating! Why would you treat an SL 55 like that... WHY?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks