Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2008, 10:13   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Congrats and welcome to the BMW family ! It's really been raining BMW on t-bhp over the past few months.

Love the hand-brake switch near the gear and you picked out the perfect list of options too!

Do post some pics of her in full glory.
Old 17th January 2008, 10:20   #32
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the new ride, and great colour selection too. Am sure
you car will make many motor crazy people's heart skip a beat !
Old 17th January 2008, 10:33   #33
Senior - BHPian

great ride dude - one thing ive noticed with many old gen X5s ive seen on roads is that the rear wheels have a fairly high negative camber angle ..

havent seen that with the new x5...not sure whether this was a case of lack of alignment or to do with the handling prowess of the suv
Old 17th January 2008, 13:02   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
great ride dude - one thing ive noticed with many old gen X5s ive seen on roads is that the rear wheels have a fairly high negative camber angle ..

havent seen that with the new x5...not sure whether this was a case of lack of alignment or to do with the handling prowess of the suv
buddy that is greek to me. i don't know what u just said. pls clarify. thanks.
Old 17th January 2008, 16:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Hey amazing car. Hope you have many good times in this beauty. Must say that you have been extremely patient. Its sad that reputed cos take premium customers for a ride too.

Regarding your lazy drivers, I have a solution, let me drive your car. No salary needed, and "My car" will be spotless too. ;-)

Have fun !!!
Old 17th January 2008, 17:01   #36
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalvaz View Post
Regarding your lazy drivers, I have a solution, let me drive your car. No salary needed, and "My car" will be spotless too. ;-)

Have fun !!!
and i guess the plane ticket to dehli will be on you too?
Old 17th January 2008, 17:01   #37
Senior - BHPian

congrats on your new ride, i had got a privilage to drive a prev. gen. x5 4.4i in dubai last year. had to agree its one powerful ride. but i still feel that infiniti fx45 is more better than the x5 any time. but sadly its not available in India yet.
Old 18th January 2008, 10:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5india View Post
buddy that is greek to me. i don't know what u just said. pls clarify. thanks.

camber angle is the angle at which the wheels are inclined off the vertical plane. for e.g the regular cars have almost 0 camber angle...

if u see the front wheels of a formula 1 car, it would be tilted a bit "inwards" - thats negative camber...

i was trying to say that i have noticed a negative camber on the x5 rear wheels...

try looking at ur car from the rear and u may notice that..
Old 18th January 2008, 15:42   #39
Senior - BHPian

Akshay - For an X5, you bet, the plane ticket will be on me too.
Cant wait to get my hands on one..... But alas, it looks like a looooooooooong wait.
Old 18th January 2008, 19:43   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post

Only when fully loaded. W124s also have that. its just the geometry.
Old 19th January 2008, 05:47   #41
BHPian

Quote:
the wheels are too blah. i want this:
Those are 21"starspoke wheels paired with dunlap sportsmaxx runflat tires.Ride comfort suffers with runflats-would be even worse on Indian roads.X5s as such ride less comfortably compared to many SUVs/corss overs in that segment though sportier handling compensates. Do a search about runflats on X5 s before you make a decision to change the wheels.
Congrats on your new ride! You will love it!

Old 21st January 2008, 11:56   #42

Engines in Germany, Rest in US.

All BMW Engines are manufactured in German,then shipped to SC, USA
Drive train & final Assembly is done in US.
Old 21st January 2008, 13:06   #43
BHPian

Congrats on that ride dude. The colour and the car in whole rocks!

I was zooming in a friends 220 CDI last evening and the ride was very comfy (especially on the 'really bad' Gurgaon roads). I doubt if he has run flats on it. Does the C Class (stock) has run flats? If yes, the ride sure was comfy and the handling, etc. was fab anyway!

Not comparing it to a BMW though (haven't driven one yet)!
Old 21st January 2008, 16:46   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmishra83 View Post
Congrats on that ride dude. The colour and the car in whole rocks!

I was zooming in a friends 220 CDI last evening and the ride was very comfy (especially on the 'really bad' Gurgaon roads). I doubt if he has run flats on it. Does the C Class (stock) has run flats? If yes, the ride sure was comfy and the handling, etc. was fab anyway!

Not comparing it to a BMW though (haven't driven one yet)!
my late 2006 c200k does not have run flats. i don't think any mercedes have run flats!

i told my dealer that i may be interested in purchasing the same size (255/55 18 inch) non run flat tyres, and he said that bmw does not recommend this. maybe because they want to fleece us a little more...maybe adding non run flat tyres will void the warranty?

he told me that each run flat tyre, if i ever have to buy new ones will cost me rs 30,000/- per tyre. that means a set will cost me 1.2 lakhs! what a rip off.

does anyone know how much normal 255/55 18 inch tyres will cost me?

i want rims that look sportier (than the ones that come stock), though i will not put rims that are larger than 18 inches on my run flats. this is because run flat sidewalls are very hard and will give me a bone jarring ride, which i do not want.

oh, and btw, what is the best diesel fuel you can buy for your money? i will only be putting the best fuel in my car. hp? indianoil?

thanks!
Old 22nd January 2008, 00:51   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
oh, and btw, what is the best diesel fuel you can buy for your money? i will only be putting the best fuel in my car. hp? indianoil?

thanks!
check the recommended octane rating on your car. And try to preserve bills. this is just in case if you run into any mechanical problems, the BMW guys dont accuse you of filling petrol lesser than the required octane rating.

Most Viewed