Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 01:04   #46
BHPian

@@diesel,

I my experience at B'lore, in the order of purity, Reliance & shell comes up. I do not find much difference in HP/ Indian oil though.
Old 22nd January 2008, 12:30   #47
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5india View Post
oh, and btw, what is the best diesel fuel you can buy for your money? i will only be putting the best fuel in my car. hp? indianoil?
I started off with putting HP TurboJet in my 525d, but was later advised by the service centre to put only normal diesel as that has been approved by BMW. They mentioned that an imported 530d had come in with busted fuel injectors or something and BMW refused to claim it under warranty as the fuel was found to be with additives. Although the car was also running a powerbox and some tuning gadgets which probably were the main reason for the fault.
Hence i have stuck to normal diesel ever since and have no complaints.

About switching over to non run-flats, this has been discussed in every BMW thread on this forum and its a never ending debate. My car has come with run-flats too and i am planning to switch over to non run flats once these wear out, i haven't checked if warranty is void on doing so with BMW India but i have checked up on several BMW forums and they claim that warranty is NOT void if you switch over. Let me know if you get a reply on this from BMW India.
Old 23rd January 2008, 06:38   #48
BHPian

Runflats are standard with most BMWs now-not bad with smaller rims.What i suggested is to go for a nonrunflat if upgrading to a larger wheel.Atleast thats what I felt after extensively test driving X5s recently on 18" and 21" runflats before settling down for a 535i instead with standard set of wheels and 225/15R17 tires (runflats still) Ride quality is important to me since I put on 600+ miles a week.
Is BMW warranty (4y50K)any different in India?
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:07   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimster View Post
Is BMW warranty (4y50K)any different in India?
We get 2 years/unlimited kms
Old 26th January 2008, 02:38   #50
Team-BHP Support

Initial Report

Check out x5india's new ownership report here -> https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...-few-pics.html
Old 26th January 2008, 18:26   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I started off with putting HP TurboJet in my 525d, but was later advised by the service centre to put only normal diesel as that has been approved by BMW. They mentioned that an imported 530d had come in with busted fuel injectors or something and BMW refused to claim it under warranty as the fuel was found to be with additives. Although the car was also running a powerbox and some tuning gadgets which probably were the main reason for the fault.
Hence i have stuck to normal diesel ever since and have no complaints.

About switching over to non run-flats, this has been discussed in every BMW thread on this forum and its a never ending debate. My car has come with run-flats too and i am planning to switch over to non run flats once these wear out, i haven't checked if warranty is void on doing so with BMW India but i have checked up on several BMW forums and they claim that warranty is NOT void if you switch over. Let me know if you get a reply on this from BMW India.
sahil,

i was told by the guys at bmw that you should only be putting NORMAL diesel, hence the cheapest diesel available....not anything superior, as this has many additives.

about the run flat issue i don't know yet...i doubt they will void warranty....i will see about that when i have to cross the bridge....thanks!
Old 29th January 2008, 16:55   #52
BHPian

Congrats my friend

Congrats on your new beemer. Looks awesome and one of my favourite SUV. Drive safe and have fun

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks