Team-BHP - Spotted: Bertone X1/9
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Spotted: Bertone X1/9 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/34500-spotted-bertone-x1-9-a.html)

I saw this car at my wife's office...I never heard of this car before. So clicked the photos and then googled to find out more.

Here is the link to photos: Bertone X1/9

Here is Wikipedia's page about this car

cheers
-Vaspro

It was called the Fiat X1/9. Used Fiat 128 components. it was built for Fiat by Bertone. Later Fiat decided to stop selling them. SO Bertone went alone selling them via Fiat dealers.

This car was silver. I remember lookng at it in 2000, it was going for 3.5 L. Alas, i did not have the money

Thats quite a rarity. If im not wrong, all (or most) cars were silver. There used to be one circling up north, I wonder if its the same car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karlosdeville (Post 694955)
Thats quite a rarity. If im not wrong, all (or most) cars were silver. There used to be one circling up north, I wonder if its the same car.

It was a delhi/ UP red if I recall

Quote:

Well dunno about this cars past history. Its now sporting KA registration number and is parked in one of the buildings in Vittal Malya road, Bangalore.

-Vaspro

THATS A BEAUTY..speedy was lookin out for one...

There was silver one which was tested in one of the old issues of Auto India. Had seen the same one in Panvel a few years back.

Quote:

There used to be one circling up north, I wonder if its the same car.

Nope, here's the one in Delhi, spotted it recently. Apparently, the engine is busted or something, Awini can throw more light on it though.

bertone desinged the Lamborghini Countach right after designing this car. I've seen 1 in pristine condition in my country. Its a classic. Also known as Fiat X 1/9

Quote:

Originally Posted by iraghava (Post 695246)
Nope, here's the one in Delhi, spotted it recently. Apparently, the engine is busted or something, Awini can throw more light on it though.

Hi iraghava,

Do you by any chance have any idea about what happened to this car? ANy idea where it is now, and whether its running / scrapped?

Look forward to your reply.

Regards

Jaskirat

I had spotted a similar car here in Kolkata in December '09. Here's a pic :)
Spotted: Bertone X1/9-11845_1263698666066_1037706117_30850398_3838708_n.jpg

Hi Shamik

The car you saw in Kolkata definitely looks like a very well maintained piece. I don't think it is the same car as the one in Delhi.

Regards

Jaskirat Singh Nagra

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamik.bose (Post 2593744)
I had spotted a similar car here in Kolkata in December '09. Here's a pic :)