Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2008, 10:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
This is how an E36 M3 looks. Below is my car.

Sorry mate thats not how a m3 looks like. It doesn't even have the m3 side skirts and it has m3 saloon rims and not the one for the coupe.
Old 9th May 2008, 13:18   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randhawa View Post
Sorry mate thats not how a m3 looks like. It doesn't even have the m3 side skirts and it has m3 saloon rims and not the one for the coupe.
American version's different. It is an M3.
Old 9th May 2008, 15:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Wrong Answer .There is a world beyond UK.
Old 10th May 2008, 00:00   #34
Senior - BHPian

Aha its a US thing, forgot that zee Germans never give them the real thing. The US one is basically a 28 underneath. But still guys, those are contour wheels from a m3 saloon and that would have been the same for Euro or US.
Old 10th May 2008, 01:39   #35
Senior - BHPian

Adding another E36 M3 from my side, it was red (Hellrot) before it got painted in this shade in 2005 and thats a custom front bumper, after market orvms and lights. The car is now in punjab.

Note: Please dont flame me for the fake rotor covers
Attached Thumbnails
Red E36 "M3"! =)-m3-5.jpg  

Old 10th May 2008, 01:45   #36
Senior - BHPian

Hey Arush get this guy the post 96 grills mate. Is this the one with PB10 *****reg?
Old 10th May 2008, 02:34   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopsyche View Post
Adding another E36 M3 from my side, it was red (Hellrot) before it got painted in this shade in 2005 and thats a custom front bumper, after market orvms and lights. The car is now in punjab.

I'm dying to flame you for the fake 'discs'. Did you help install them? If yes, how could you let it happen? Is the customer's preference THAT vital? We may forgive you, but what about the gods of Bavaria? Sniff.
Old 10th May 2008, 02:46   #38
Senior - BHPian

Our company was a few months old when this car was done, couldnt exercise enough right over customers cars back then
Attached Thumbnails
Red E36 "M3"! =)-m3.jpg  

Red E36 "M3"! =)-m3-2.jpg  

Last edited by autopsyche : 10th May 2008 at 02:56.
Old 10th May 2008, 02:50   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Our company was a few months old when this car was done, couldnt exercise enough right over customers cars back then
Hopefully that's a thing of the past now, right?
Old 10th May 2008, 02:57   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniguchisan View Post
Hopefully that's a thing of the past now, right?
Ahhh no... lots of stingy customers these days, some cars i do which i dont like, i avoid taking pics of them or posting them... like a recent BMW grilled lancer? LOL!
Old 10th May 2008, 03:01   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ahhh no... lots of stingy customers these days, some cars i do which i dont like, i avoid taking pics of them or posting them... like a recent BMW grilled lancer? LOL!
Ouch! I thought it was bad enough with the Skodas, but now the Mitsubishis are at it. Eeps.
Old 10th May 2008, 03:13   #42

Quote:
Arush buddy please take a few pics of that car and post it in the Whacky Thread. And dont worry baba. We will forgive your mistakes.
]
Old 10th May 2008, 06:41   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
First of all, welcome to the forum. Many so called auto experts are left humbled here. (thanks ArtofZen and aniguchiasn) Those are very much M3 skirts and are different from the 328. Did you know that the pre 95 and post 95 (called M3Evo in europe) had different skirts and front grille and wheel options. The M contour is probably the second most popular wheel in the US for M3s and was probably coupled with the luxury package that mine has.

Quote:
Aha its a US thing, forgot that zee Germans never give them the real thing. The US one is basically a 28 underneath. But still guys, those are contour wheels from a m3 saloon and that would have been the same for Euro or US.
Just so that you know, US is the most important market for BMW and many vehicles like the X5 were designed specifically for the US customer. Usually zee Germans test out their crap technology like the E36 DSG-I in UK before they bring it to the US market (E-46 DSG-II)

The US M3 has a lot of changes compared to a 328 and has everything the Euro one except the cylinder head. At the end of the day the Euro M3 also based on a 328is. For all that power, the Euro M3 is only 0.5 sec faster to 60 than the american one.

Last edited by Mpower : 10th May 2008 at 08:17.
Old 10th May 2008, 10:19   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Arush, isn't this the ride you got to the Aug 2006 TBHP meet, and the Car had just got a newer Registration .. MIII .. (Basically, M111) .. and maybe lower profile tires as well ..

Incidently, about 2 months back, I was right behind this car all the way from Delhi to Chd - caught up with the owner at Zhilmil and had a chat. The cars wheel offset was waaayyyy negative .. Apparently, he has a broken lower arm and is going crazy trying to source the part ..

Arush, perhaps you can get in touch with him again and redo his car
Old 10th May 2008, 11:14   #45
BHPian

Just saw this thread. Owner is a friend and a fellow Team bhpian. Car is an M3. If anybody has doubts, please call me. Car can be viewed in Bandra.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks