Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2008, 13:18   #76
BHPian

seems like bangalore is fast becoming a hotspot for the supercar imports! if only we had the roads for em...
Old 17th February 2008, 22:21   #77
BHPian

this cars imported by a very very dear and close friend of mine and i can vouch for it that this cars not stolen. as for the dealership please look forward to the info in the following weeks times of india.
Old 18th February 2008, 23:43   #78

saw both the 430s together near mocha in blore , was an awsome sight , the grey one sounded different compared to the red one...

Last edited by Rehaan : 19th February 2008 at 04:11. Reason: Please type in full words as per Team-BHP rules. Do read the rules before continuing.
Old 20th February 2008, 14:56   #79

Bad Boy

since you know so much about cars and want a chassis no what can you tell by looking at one ,you claim to live in the UK tell me what on the chassis tells you the car is from europe.
with regards to the car not being brand new looks like you have not been in a car after it has been on Indian roads, you may just be used to sitting in them while on display at the show room and taking photographs.
do you have any idea the consiquences of using the Launch control, you burn your clutch in no time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD 130Y View Post
Huuummmm !!!!
Get me the chassis number when one of yous taking a pic next time its on the steering coloum and you can clearly see it if a pic was taken of the dash from facing the windscreen and will be able to tell you if its 'Hooky' or not.
But that car is not brand new me thinks as the pic shows the tyres. I have bought new Ferraris and can pick the 'one 'out. It could be this car is used and imported into india

F430 has been the most popular car ever made by them . I use mine everyday and in the last 2 years never did it ever let me down. Its very user friendly and you can either potter around in town everyday or give it stick and thrash it.
AT traffic lights you can use LC = Launch Control to give that perfect kick down at 0=60 in like 3.8 sec.
Old 21st February 2008, 01:54   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercar King View Post
since you know so much about cars and want a chassis no what can you tell by looking at one ,you claim to live in the UK tell me what on the chassis tells you the car is from europe.
with regards to the car not being brand new looks like you have not been in a car after it has been on Indian roads, you may just be used to sitting in them while on display at the show room and taking photographs.
do you have any idea the consiquences of using the Launch control, you burn your clutch in no time.
  1. A chasis number and registry can tell you where the car was registered/sold/destined for.
  2. Son, you have no idea who you're talking to.
  3. Again, son, you have no idea who you're talking to.
Old 21st February 2008, 07:27   #81

Quote:
Yes its not that big of a deal to get the docs made and warranty papers too. Most of high Performance cars get replicated papers of cars comming out of Uk and Ireland from South Africa. A bit complicated to expalin but if a average joe was to look at docs they would look as if they came from Ferrari UK. Need i say more.
why is it that I feel you are in the trade , share with us some of your wisdom Bad130
Old 21st February 2008, 08:03   #82

Quote:
Huuummmm !!!!
Get me the chassis number when one of yous taking a pic next time its on the steering coloum and you can clearly see it if a pic was taken of the dash from facing the windscreen and will be able to tell you if its 'Hooky' or not.
But that car is not brand new me thinks as the pic shows the tyres. I have bought new Ferraris and can pick the 'one 'out. It could be this car is used and imported into india

F430 has been the most popular car ever made by them . I use mine everyday and in the last 2 years never did it ever let me down. Its very user friendly and you can either potter around in town everyday or give it stick and thrash it.
AT traffic lights you can use LC = Launch Control to give that perfect kick down at 0=60 in like 3.8 sec.
Since you expert opinion is the car is not new this is what the car looked like when it was shipped 4 weeks ago,you have quoted " I have bought new Ferraris and can pick the 'one 'out' ".

Note from Moderator - Please watch your tone, and keep the discussions fact based and do not get personal.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st February 2008 at 08:17. Reason: Please see note in post. (Pictures made visible as well.)
Old 21st February 2008, 08:33   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by hskhan View Post
  1. A chasis number and registry can tell you where the car was registered/sold/destined for.
  2. Son, you have no idea who you're talking to.
  3. Again, son, you have no idea who you're talking to.
I think anyone who goes to buy a car should know "A chasis number and registry can tell you where the car was registered/sold/destined for"
since I do not know who I am talking to please enlighten me.
Old 21st February 2008, 08:41   #84
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since you expert opinion is the car is not new this is what the car looked like when it was shipped 4 weeks ago,you have quoted " I have bought new Ferraris and can pick the 'one 'out' ".

Note from Moderator - Please watch your tone, and keep the discussions fact based and do not get personal.
Ah, purchased from the good ol Maranello Garage in Egham I see.

Not bad, not bad at all.

Quote:
I think anyone who goes to buy a car should know "A chasis number and registry can tell you where the car was registered/sold/destined for"
You're speaking to someone who resides in London and has owned upto five Ferraris, to say the least.

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st February 2008 at 09:07.
Old 23rd February 2008, 02:53   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Show some love brother. He owes you no answers. You need him more than he needs you. Think about it. He owns Ferraris and probably has friends who he can refer you to.

Last edited by Rehaan : 23rd February 2008 at 03:35. Reason: Please do not let the discussion get personal. Supercar King's posts have been edited by the Support team earlier.
Old 24th February 2008, 01:21   #86
BHPian

@Supercar King:

I think its time to relax a bit. BAD130Y has been a long running member of this forum is is know to quite a few of us. And almost all of us believe him because a) Nothing he has says raises suspision. b) He proves most of what he says through pictures.

Oh, before you jump the gun, I dont know him personally (would like to purely to, once, experience his stable), but I have seen him in his ferrari (when he had the LOUD 360) in central London (Regent street) with his famous plate "BAD13OY".

I am pretty sure you will start believing him soon, and who know be friends one day sue to some common interests.
Old 24th February 2008, 01:36   #87
BHPian

Quote:

Am sure he meant that generally and was not suggesting that he has a fail-proof method of telling a new or an old ferrari.
Old 24th February 2008, 02:09   #88
BHPian

In North America we have carfax and carproof which gives you total history of the car. It gives you when and where it was registered, renewed, if the vehicle was flooded, branded, engine work done and sometimes even oil change. If its stolen or hot it will sure as hell show up there! They even have a warranty when if they miss a major issue they pay you back upto a certain amount. I am sure you have a similar thing in EU. Its no rocket science. You can also get detailed information about a car from VIN number including where it was made, color, engine, variant, year, which dealer it went to. Internet is a wonderful thing! There are sites that also give you what a car is invoiced to dealer and incentives they get so you can negotiate better. They even back it up with a quote from a dealer who will give you best price or match it!Sorry to steal your thunder!!
Old 24th February 2008, 08:23   #89
Senior - BHPian

Lets stop whining and start enjoying these cars for what they are. Save the accusations and flaming fo the streets...or your cars...stolen or not.
Old 24th February 2008, 16:16   #90
BHPian

Super car king the difference is you may sell Ferraris for a living but i buy them as a passion. No im not in the motor trade if you must know.
I have owned Ferraris since i was 23 and about 10 years ago i flew to India ( Bombay ) and how many people do you know fly a Ferrari 348 on the same plane as they are. So i think i have made my point and enough said.

Most Viewed