Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2005, 03:43   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pics/ Video : Ferrari F355 Spider-awesome..Ride in a F355 Spider - INSANE

Guys

Was returning home from the Team BHP meet tonite and was at Linking road Bandra.I had ported head and my brother Kartik with me in my car. Suddenly F50(Priyank) called and told me that the 355 was coming my way and no sooner did I hang up I saw it in my rear view mirror. I let him pass and followed him into a lane where he stopped. It was a surdy driving but not the owner. It was his friend. The owner then got out of a BMW 5 and got into the 355.

I just went up to him and asked him politely " Dude could you gimme a small spin in the car plss?" and he goes " Sure hop in I'll take you round the block" That was it . I couldnt belive it. I jumped right in. He started the car and when he launched it.... tell u guys it was crazy . Those exhausts sscreaming away, boy I've seen it in videos but here I was in the real thing He took me on linking rd past choksis and then ahead we took a u turn and back.

I got out of the car and was in a daze . I thanked the guy he was pretty friendly and most prob hes turning up at the Speed Run..

Its 4 in the morning now and I still am not getting sleep. Those tubis are still ringing. This is one night I will never forget.

Here below are some pics and I'll put up the links to the videos I shot when I was in the car....You can hear the tubis screaming in those

Enjoy

Dippy

Last edited by Dippy : 23rd January 2005 at 03:45.
Old 23rd January 2005, 11:28   #2
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

when i got up in the morning i still cudnt believe that u callled me at 2 and told me that u got a drive in the 355. mark this day dippy. this is the turning point of ur life. i just hope that the new owner maintains the car. its still very dirty.
Old 23rd January 2005, 11:37   #3
Senior - BHPian

Hey...Dippy cool pics. Damm I came to know in the morning that u called me at 2:30AM
Old 23rd January 2005, 11:44   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
i just hope that the new owner maintains the car. its still very dirty.
Dude!

its not dirty at all!! If you take a picture of any car that has been driving in bombay at night with a flash it will look dusty!
The 355 looks fine...cept for a bit of a scrape on the front bumper.

Ok here are the VIDEOs dippy sent me to put up for downloading -
Video 1 (2.5MB) - Mostly low RPMs, with about 5 seconds of acceleration at the end of the clip

Video 2 (4.7MB) - Few bursts of acceleration and some conversation! (i prefer this to the first vid)

Hearing the car in the vids is one thing...but hearing it live will totally blow your brains out.... In the vid, the driver is probably going only till about 6500RPM, and this car redlines at 8,500RPM!! it turns from the scream you can hear in the video into an insane hair raising (literally) shreik!!! Maybe you guys will experience this at the speedrun!

cheers!
R
Old 23rd January 2005, 11:51   #5
Senior - BHPian

Links to videos of my ride in the 355 are put up by Rehaan . Download and enjoy

Dippy

P.S Thanks for the editing Rehaan
Old 23rd January 2005, 12:19   #6
bhp
BHPian

lucky u dippy !!!!
is this the same that spiderman has sold ??
Old 23rd January 2005, 12:25   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
Yes indeed. 355 spider with F1 transmission and a tubistyle exhaust. (stock intakes from what i remember).

R
Old 23rd January 2005, 12:28   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp
Yup.Its the same.

Dippy,u must`ve had a blast huh!! The best time of ur life maybe.
So now ur children and grand-children will listen to the TUBIS experience right from childhood instead of fairy tales.

X
Old 23rd January 2005, 12:48   #9
Senior - BHPian

Dippy - maan the night of ur life !!!

i too cudnt beleive it when u called me and told me at 0230

cheers maaan u lucky dog !!
Old 23rd January 2005, 12:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

saw the videos the sudden rise of the scream is insane.....i'm sure u didnt sleep last night dude....hope he gets it to the speed run...

hey u guys r really lucky to spot it...i was out with frens entire friday night with friends and the only things i got to see is a honda sbk...2 celicas and a black sl 500 in bandra with the top down and with the driver ripping it..this was at 4 in the morning

Last edited by Stratos : 23rd January 2005 at 13:01.
Old 23rd January 2005, 13:13   #11
F50
Senior - BHPian

Man still i couldnt believe what i saw, what i heard. I have been waiting to see and hear this GOD Machine for almost 1 1/2 yrs and when i see it it was in front of my eyes for full 15 mins. Man if that car is GOD then those seats inside is HEAVEN, im sure Dippy will agree. Lucky you dippy
Obvs. didnt sleep the whole damn nite, could hear that V8 with tubis screaming in my ears.
He said for Speedrun he is getting the Busa but we asked and pleaded him to get this also.
Old 23rd January 2005, 14:53   #12
Senior - BHPian

What an experience, one of the best ever. The 355 I agree is one of the most beautiful designs to come out of the Ferrari stable yet. The lines are perfect, not one stroke is out of place, the proportion is brilliant to the absolute last nanometre. The gorgeous machine stuns you with it's looks, the noise from the Tubis gets you stoned. For those who haven't experienced it, I suggest a dose of the Tubi shod 355 at 2 AM, at a deserted North Avenue, with the baritones reverberating off the buildings, the acoustics couldn't be anymore perfect. Maybe 4 blocks down the lane, and we could still hear the symphony of cams and induction ricocheting of the walls of what is probably the world's best open air theatre. The flustered female, couldn't figure out why she wasn't getting any stares, which she would usually attract if she was in the presence of the run-of-the-mill econo-dans ( my lingo for economy obessed sedans, I hope it catches on), little did she know, the Ferrari 355 is a part of the bevy of nubile seductress'.

I applaud the owner too, nice chap, none of the arrogance that comes with owning a Ferrari, the 'you can't afford it, it's a Ferrari' (stupid F&F ricers)

Coming from a Porschephile, the 355 deserves nothing but ultimate respect. It's one of those cars which deserves to be mentioned in my sig.

Last edited by ported_head : 23rd January 2005 at 14:58.
Old 23rd January 2005, 15:07   #13
Senior - BHPian

Dippy you lucky dude! got a ride in a 355!! thats awesome! thanks for sharing the videos dude! And yeah congrats on the dream ride!! i'm pretty sure its one of the best you ever got!!
Old 23rd January 2005, 15:07   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Dippy - maan lucky dog !!

hey dippy,
even i did not want to believe it when RJ was talking to u.
i shud have cum with u when u said abt the EVO hunting in bandra.
by the ways,me ,NC n RJ were talking till 315am and finally ended up waxing NC's bonnet

cheers,
satya
Old 23rd January 2005, 15:27   #15
Senior - BHPian

Ok guys my ears are still ringing from the Tubi megaphones and the 1:18 355 Spider on my desk next to the computer is just reminding me of yesterday nights experience.

Man fitting an audio system in the 355 is an insult. You dont need one anyways with those symphonies playing behind you

Dippy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks