Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2005, 20:19   #1

Toyota Previa

On my way back from Vashi to Kharghar I saw a silver Toyota Previa on the other side of the highway. I couldn't see the number plate because it was placed really low but I did notice that it had some kind of body kit on it. Any details or comments? Actually this is the first Previa I saw. I never saw any in the US (they sold only the old ones there)

Last edited by vb-saan : 26th November 2021 at 12:57. Reason: Grammar, punctuations, typos - please proof-read your posts before submitting. Thank you!
Old 23rd January 2005, 20:30   #2
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Heres one i saw in Juhu :
BTW Previa's have become quite common here.

v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2005, 19:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

I guess its sold with different names: Estima/Lucida/Previa.

First snap taken on June 27, 2003. The second taken on May 29, 2005.
Same car, still kept in very good condition, now owned by a well known celebrity.

Like the car, its a good people's carrier. The white especially looks much better than all the other colors. Blue is also good. The quality and finish of the car is nice. The shape looks awesome. A very good upgrade from the older generation.
Old 30th May 2005, 20:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

oye i saw this one too the Estima ... we were at Cecils in Shimla and it was parked outside for 2 nights ... Delhi registration non embassy number ...looked damn hot ...nice rims 4 wheels discs ..and it had company graphics ..
Old 30th May 2005, 21:26   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

My aunt has one of these too....got it a few years back ...was at my house for few weeks..... nice smooth drive but really not my choice to drive around in it....rather be driven....but its rather fun to drive it on open roads i must admit......loaded with goodies like xenon lamps and rear view camera etc.Perfect car for a big family trip out station.
Old 30th May 2005, 21:35   #6
Senior - BHPian

There are one or twq of these tooling around down here in Chennai too.
Old 30th May 2005, 23:44   #7
Senior - BHPian

The Older Previa

Old 31st January 2012, 14:56   #8
Team-BHP Support

re: Toyota Previa

I saw this car for the first time in Dubai recently - liked it so much that googled on returning and stumbled on this thread. If I ever need a family MUV / people mover, I'd love to own this instead of an Innova - would happily pay a decent premium over Innova for this. I guess its too much to expect Toyota to launch this in India though. Innova seems to be good enough for most families and the higher budget customers must be flocking to the Fortuner. This will either cannibalize or get cannibalised within the T family in India.
Old 30th December 2012, 17:15   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota Previa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
I saw this car for the first time in Dubai recently - liked it so much that googled on returning and stumbled on this thread. If I ever need a family MUV / people mover, I'd love to own this instead of an Innova - would happily pay a decent premium over Innova for this. I guess its too much to expect Toyota to launch this in India though. Innova seems to be good enough for most families and the higher budget customers must be flocking to the Fortuner. This will either cannibalize or get cannibalised within the T family in India.
Dude its like Deja vu.. Me too just returned from a Holiday in Dubai and first thing I did is google Toyota Previa and stumbled on this thread. I think this can be a perfect car for replacing the Innova. Toyota should seriously consider launching this here, maybe as a replacement for Innova since that has probably aged now and nearing its end.
Old 24th November 2021, 20:00   #10
BHPian

Re: Toyota Previa

Reviving a old thread. Spotted at the famous Bansal Classes, it has become a garage queen now it seems.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Previa-img_20211124_1414123.jpg  

quantobigboot is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks