Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2013, 12:59   #1591
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Supercars & Imports : Goa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
I didn't know that some colors were exclusive to a certain category of customers only. Thanks for the information mate.
As for this color, if we can have the original picture we can surely figure it out.Looking for some inputs from the Ferrari experts.
but the Blue FF looks extraordinary.
Yes there are colours which are only for selective customers, say for example a person who has 3 or more Ferraris

Though most of the times these colors can be paid for at a certain premium price
Old 14th August 2013, 13:42   #1592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///RMan View Post
Yes there are colours which are only for selective customers, say for example a person who has 3 or more Ferraris

Though most of the times these colors can be paid for at a certain premium price
I always thought it does not matter how many Ferrari's you owned to get a custom paint for your car..all it took was money to pay for it. There is the standard colors (free) and then there are the exclusive or custom colors (paid). Almost all international companies work this way and some go to the extra mile to satisfy the customers needs. I had read somewhere a lady in America had sent her hand bag which had her favourite color to a Manufacturer to match the exterior paint of her ordered car and they had matched it perfectly, even the interiors were in a similar shade. My audi color is a paid color and not standard color.
Old 14th August 2013, 14:08   #1593
BHPian

Yeah I had the same notion.Some were standard colors and some were premium colors. Basically manufacturers like Rolls Royce,Bentley,Ferrari suggest that they will paint your car in any shade you want at a premium price.
@Speedy - Your S4 is in a brilliant shade and that coachline stripe across the length of the car makes it look exquisite. By the way what is the shade called? And if you don't mind can you disclose how much premium did you have to pay for that shade?
Old 14th August 2013, 15:15   #1594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
Yeah I had the same notion.Some were standard colors and some were premium colors. Basically manufacturers like Rolls Royce,Bentley,Ferrari suggest that they will paint your car in any shade you want at a premium price.
@Speedy - Your S4 is in a brilliant shade and that coachline stripe across the length of the car makes it look exquisite. By the way what is the shade called? And if you don't mind can you disclose how much premium did you have to pay for that shade?
I just checked with the Ferrari sales person and he says there is nothing as shades reserved for existing owners. Any person willing to spend the premium to be exclusive can have the exterior and interior done as per their taste.

Thank you. The color is known as Estorial Blue and costed me a Lakh. The red coach line is a tape that can be removed anytime.
speedy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 00:14   #1595
BHPian

The colour on ff is Rosso corsa atleast thats what I think it is called
The editing of pic gives it a different shade.
Old 16th August 2013, 01:06   #1596
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post

I always thought it does not matter how many Ferrari's you owned to get a custom paint for your car..all it took was money to pay for it. There is the standard colors (free) and then there are the exclusive or custom colors (paid). Almost all international companies work this way and some go to the extra mile to satisfy the customers needs. I had read somewhere a lady in America had sent her hand bag which had her favourite color to a Manufacturer to match the exterior paint of her ordered car and they had matched it perfectly, even the interiors were in a similar shade. My audi color is a paid color and not standard color.
I had read on a very famoua site sometime back, a particular blue shade on an Italia was the topic of discussion there, where it said "this particular shade is reserved to select customers"

What I understood from the comments that followed was that while any colour and any shade can be chosen for your Ferrari at a price, certain special colours are given by Ferrari to such niche customers for free instead of the premium that it commands

You know better bhai no doubt,just wanted to share what I had read
Old 16th August 2013, 09:51   #1597
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I had read on a very famoua site sometime back, a particular blue shade on an Italia was the topic of discussion there, where it said "this particular shade is reserved to select customers"

What I understood from the comments that followed was that while any colour and any shade can be chosen for your Ferrari at a price, certain special colours are given by Ferrari to such niche customers for free instead of the premium that it commands

So thats how it works.
New Ferrari customer pays extra for paints marked special while a loyal customer, say owns/has owned 2-3 Ferraris, gets the same paint thats marked special for no extra cost.
Old 16th August 2013, 10:29   #1598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think by select customers they must have meant the ones willing to pay the premium for the paint.

I checked with a friend of mine abroad who has owned and still does own a couple of Ferrari's and he said they dont have anything like this there. He still has to pay for a shade of his choice that is not shown on the color shade and nothing is given free. The London dealership also does not support this claim. They say Ferrari is not partial with anyone and even an old client with say 6 cars has to still wait his turn and also pay for an exclusive paint. He did state Sultan of Brunei as an example. I did not ask Indian owners as the dealership here will charge for things that come free too.

I dont know better bro, i am just checking with owners and dealerships as i have not heard of anything like this or experienced it with the brands purchases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K View Post
So thats how it works.
New Ferrari customer pays extra for paints marked special while a loyal customer, say owns/has owned 2-3 Ferraris, gets the same paint thats marked special for no extra cost.
Who ever i have asked till now have denied being given special treatment by the Manufacturer. The dealerships also have denied this claim. In our experience also we have not come across this.
Old 16th August 2013, 10:58   #1599
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I think by select customers they must have meant the ones willing to pay the premium for the paint.

I checked with a friend of mine abroad who has owned and still does own a couple of Ferrari's and he said they dont have anything like this there. He still has to pay for a shade of his choice that is not shown on the color shade and nothing is given free. The London dealership also does not support this claim. They say Ferrari is not partial with anyone and even an old client with say 6 cars has to still wait his turn and also pay for an exclusive paint. He did state Sultan of Brunei as an example. I did not ask Indian owners as the dealership here will charge for things that come free too.

I dont know better bro, i am just checking with owners and dealerships as i have not heard of anything like this or experienced it with the brands purchases.

Who ever i have asked till now have denied being given special treatment by the Manufacturer. The dealerships also have denied this claim. In our experience also we have not come across this.
So there we have it. The "Special cutomers" are none but the ones willing to pay, hence paint reserved for them.

And the dealer here charges for free things too?! :O

Last edited by A.K : 16th August 2013 at 10:59.
Old 16th August 2013, 11:20   #1600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So there we have it. The "Special cutomers" are none but the ones willing to pay, hence paint reserved for them.

And the dealer here charges for free things too?! :O
You have got it wrong in understanding. There is nothing reserved for anyone. Some people want to spend and some people dont so thats about it. If you do visit a manufactures website, say Porsche as an example. Go to the configure page and see the paints. They have the white, black, red and yellow as free colors and the rest as charged colors. This is applicable for a first time purchaser as well as someone who has owned porsches. Say i want a blue exterior, so i pay and if i want a white exterior its free.

If you know the history of the owner of the dealership you would know what i am talking about.
Old 16th August 2013, 11:36   #1601
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

You have got it wrong in understanding. There is nothing reserved for anyone. Some people want to spend and some people dont so thats about it. If you do visit a manufactures website, say Porsche as an example. Go to the configure page and see the paints. They have the white, black, red and yellow as free colors and the rest as charged colors. This is applicable for a first time purchaser as well as someone who has owned porsches. Say i want a blue exterior, so i pay and if i want a white exterior its free.

If you know the history of the owner of the dealership you would know what i am talking about.
Ah, thats what I meant but I guesa I complicated it a bit while putting it across

And about our "dealer", yeah I have followed his case real closely but still having spoken to a few owners, they are fully happy with them
Old 16th August 2013, 11:37   #1602
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canonball View Post

Is this just a thing here on tbhp amongst a few who I don't presume are the real owners or anything else but enthusiasts? Or has it become the in thing to talk Ferrari colors in Italian. Which is which Shamik? Would appreciate your input on this? Perhaps will have to start brushing up on my Italian as folks here may start talking in Italian only when it comes to Ferrari, just kidding

Color certainly seems not the usual Ferrari red but a wine red duh, that sounded simple enough
I have word from the owner and the ferrari dealer that the color is Rosso Maranello triple layer which is an $18k option internationally. Owner is a long timer with Ferrari and will have a Ferrari LF joining his 3 Enzos and other Ferrari's in London late next year.

I hope you can appreciate the fact that Team bhp is an enthusiasts forum. Know it all's are a myth, and this place is about learning and taking what you will, while sharing what you can. Its perfectly fine to say somethin stupid, but launching an attack soon after and dampening the spirit of the forum is not. There are plenty of unassuming owners on here who enjoy the anonymity of the forum. Whether an owner or not, any bhpian is as good as any other if you havent noticed yet. I would request that you stop coming on here and judging people you know nothing about.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Goa-1075499_405106016264579_1748762255_o.jpg  

Tuner is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th August 2013, 11:46   #1603
A.K
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post

I have word from the owner and the ferrari dealer that the color is Rosso Maranello triple layer which is an $18k option internationally. Owner is a long timer with Ferrari and will have a Ferrari LF joining his 3 Enzos and other Ferrari's in London late next year.

I hope you can appreciate the fact that Team bhp is an enthusiasts forum. Know it all's are a myth, and this place is about learning and taking what you will, while sharing what you can. Its perfectly fine to say somethin stupid, but launching an attack soon after and dampening the spirit of the forum is not. There are plenty of unassuming owners on here who enjoy the anonymity of the forum. Whether an owner or not, any bhpian is as good as any other if you havent noticed yet. I would request that you stop coming on here and judging people you know nothing about.
I am aware of his LF and even 3 other Indians in the race, but say what, 3 Enzo's??? Damn! :O

From what I remember he has had a 360, 430, 599, 458 and FF in India and a F12 might join too. What does he have abroad?
Old 16th August 2013, 11:52   #1604
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
And about our "dealer", yeah I have followed his case real closely but still having spoken to a few owners, they are fully happy with them
The Manufacturer has had loads of complains from existing owners as well as prospective customers. Some people have even refused to buy a Ferrari till such time as he has the dealership. Birdie says he is in alot of trouble with the manufacturer and is going to loose the dealership soon, he has already lost out with Maseratti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner View Post
I do believe the owner has other Ferrari's (1-2) in Goa too.
Old 16th August 2013, 11:58   #1605
Senior - BHPian

I don't think this sort of vague and word-by-mouth information should be discussed here, considering that fact that people do look up to this forum for genuine information and these posts are certainly to leave some curious enthusiast in a tizzy. It could have been resolved in just a couple of posts.
AyAn! is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks