Team-BHP - Pics : Spotted Lexus SC430 / Toyota Soarer
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Super-Cars & Imports in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/)
-   -   Pics : Spotted Lexus SC430 / Toyota Soarer (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/super-cars-imports-india/3618-pics-spotted-lexus-sc430-toyota-soarer.html)

Spotted saturday night outside HQ. A white SC 430 in pristine conditon with the top down. Looked awesome once you see it for real!

For those not familiar, the SC 430 is the Lexus answer to the Mercedes SL, complete with folding hardtop.

Hey kool..
Got some n the road pics?!!
Would luv to see them!!

There are two SC430's in Bombay. Both are white and both are from Choksi from what I gather.

Quote:

There are two SC430's in Bombay.
Have seen a golden one too

have seen a silver one too. will post the pics soon.

Hey there's one standing at Choksis...will post pics soon...didn't post previously as they ain't very good quality

Quote:

For those not familiar, the SC 430 is the Lexus answer to the Mercedes SL, complete with folding hardtop.
quite cheaper too...

The car is good and I think it is better suited for india than the Merc and will be damn reliable and refined as its a Lexus.

I just don't like the looks of this car, it looks sick, although its got a powerful engine. Seen a white, golden and silver one. Of all the white looks the best.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sridhar24
The car is good and I think it is better suited for india than the Merc and will be damn reliable and refined as its a Lexus.

a friend of mine owned a white Lexus SC430 (US version), hence, i had the chance of driving it a couple of times.

interiors are excellent quality - complete with standard Lexus features including DVD Navigation, Mark Levinson audio system, and the rest....

rear-seats are good enough ONLY for a baby-seat. i'm pretty short 5'6" and i had to sit sideways in the rear, but then i'm sure they don't expect more than 2 people to be seated in a roadster.

the engine is a powerful V8 producing around 300bhp, mated to a 5-speed automatic tranmission which shifts smoothly.

the power-folding roof works like a charm as long as there is no dust around. conditions in India will be a big problem in this respect. there was a minor problem with dust getting in the roof joints in New York City so i'm sure this problem will only be magnified in India (especially, Bombay & Delhi which I know to be DUSTY). the SL has similar problems i'm told.

the ride quality is bad and being a roadster you should expect to feel even tiny pebbles in the road. the low-profile tires (the car i drove had run-flat 245/40Z R18 tires + 18" alloy wheels), and the sport-tuned suspension don't help to improve the ride either.

as far as being compared to the SL-class i can't say there would be much difference in maintenance costs - at most the SC would be SLIGHTLY cheaper to maintain than the SL.

looks-wise, i prefer the SL to the SC though some people love the look of the SC.

also, in a country like India - where Mercedes is a huge status symbol, one wonders how many buyers it'll find.

anyways, just thought of posting some comments about my impression regarding the Lexus SC-430.

ad

Heres the SC430 spotted outside the Marriott :

seen the white one at an petrol pump on kemps corner opp millionaire . it looked just imported and was a beauty !

Woah, On road pics...
Neat pics v12..

Neat pics there V12. Silver does not make this car look too good though. I prefer the white. Also, for some reason, thoe wheels look really small..?!?

Quote:

I just don't like the looks of this car, it looks sick!
I take my words back, I just seen the same car V12 posted, with the top out and it was AWESOME!!!! With the top, it looks sad.