Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2008, 19:58   #391
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
It used to be a Bentley showroom apparently. ITC won some case and got the showroom land back.
so now is there a restaurant opening in place of the showroom or what ??
Old 13th May 2008, 19:58   #392
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
Looks like the Bentley's just back from the HAIG rally! It's a Flying Spur right?
yes its a flying spur
Old 13th May 2008, 22:09   #393
BHPian

those 2 pics are kewl ! That bentley looks menacing.

BTW, can someone tell me how the bentley sports a old reg. no ?? Isn't the ongoing reg no. scheme in delhi somewhat like DL - x - XXX - xxxx ?

x - number
X - alphabet
Old 13th May 2008, 22:45   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
It used to be a Bentley showroom apparently. ITC won some case and got the showroom land back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v10 View Post
so now is there a restaurant opening in place of the showroom or what ??
On a related note, while passing by from the Ashoka yesterday I did see that the showroom gate was covered with black plastic sheet & the Lamborghini/Bentley names & plaques had been removed. I thought maybe the showroom was under renovation but it could also be that he's had to move out.

Wonder where's opening it next?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkochar View Post
What ??? A £ 250 k Number Plate !!! That is the cost of the Rolls itself in the UK !!

That article is shocking Ishan !!
Yeah it is shocking indeed!
Old 15th May 2008, 02:47   #395
BHPian

The Mercedes CL500

Guys saw this CL500 earlier this year near the M-Block market in G.K. Saw this car again in Vasant Kunj. Its on a HR plate. Sorry about the quality of the picture as this is from a camera phone. I posted this picture as the CL quite a rare sight in India. Don't know why people don't like them but I absolutely love the CL.
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-mercedes-cl500.jpg  

Old 15th May 2008, 21:44   #396
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post

i love private plates!! wish we had them in India. Makes the car so much cooler. Too bad all we get to choose is the last few digits and that also only in some states! Imagine what 51ngh would go for here!!
Old 16th May 2008, 02:48   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2drv View Post
i love private plates!! wish we had them in India. Makes the car so much cooler. Too bad all we get to choose is the last few digits and that also only in some states! Imagine what 51ngh would go for here!!
My guess...12 digits. Small joke, no offence to my turbaned brethren.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brabus E V12 View Post
Guys saw this CL500 earlier this year near the M-Block market in G.K. Saw this car again in Vasant Kunj. Its on a HR plate. Sorry about the quality of the picture as this is from a camera phone. I posted this picture as the CL quite a rare sight in India. Don't know why people don't like them but I absolutely love the CL.
Seen that one on the MG road several times.
Old 17th May 2008, 14:05   #398
v10
BHPian

A friend of mine just bought a Jag S type V6 Silver from the Hero honda guy great condition for only 22 lakhs!! only because of the brand

Looks like sportscars are having a pretty tough time here in delhi.. this guy offered me his black 911 500kms due to the poor driveability and is now upgrading to a cayenne.. noone can possibly use this as a DD unless you live in central prime delhi or on or near NH8...

I have also heard people saying that the Lambo and Bentley showroom is closing down ??
Old 17th May 2008, 14:24   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A friend of mine just bought a Jag S type V6 Silver from the Hero honda guy great condition for only 22 lakhs!! only because of the brand

Looks like sportscars are having a pretty tough time here in delhi.. this guy offered me his black 911 500kms due to the poor driveability and is now upgrading to a cayenne.. noone can possibly use this as a DD unless you live in central prime delhi or on or near NH8...

I have also heard people saying that the Lambo and Bentley showroom is closing down ??
Dude as far as I know the Lambo Bentley showroom in Delhi has closed down. Whether they are moving to another location is not known.
Old 17th May 2008, 14:33   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Just got off the phone with the Sales Manager. They are having some issues with Ashoka Hotel , so in the mean time , they have shifted to Samrat Hotel.

I keep hearing about poor 911 driving dynamics and difficulty of driving on uneven roads. My 2 cents :

I have a 911 , clocked up to 10k kms. Period.

Unless it is a 911 GT2/GT3 , it really is not a pain AT all to drive it around town. I acknowledge the difference in traffic/road conditions between Delhi and Chandigarh. But we here also have bad roads (Pot holes, uneven roads) and if one drives the 911 slowly over them , no issues at all.
Old 17th May 2008, 14:44   #401
v10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecksreturns View Post
Just got off the phone with the Sales Manager. They are having some issues with Ashoka Hotel , so in the mean time , they have shifted to Samrat Hotel.

I keep hearing about poor 911 driving dynamics and difficulty of driving on uneven roads. My 2 cents :

I have a 911 , clocked up to 10k kms. Period.

Unless it is a 911 GT2/GT3 , it really is not a pain AT all to drive it around town. I acknowledge the difference in traffic/road conditions between Delhi and Chandigarh. But we here also have bad roads (Pot holes, uneven roads) and if one drives the 911 slowly over them , no issues at all.
well what i was saying was that it is a little difficult to drive such cars in some parts of delhi ... but if you really love driving your car then to hell with the potholes, you'll drive it anyways and even end up taking the long route for driving pleasure ... I know someone who'd definately do that with his LP and GT2

Last edited by v10 : 17th May 2008 at 14:46.
Old 17th May 2008, 15:17   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What model & how much does he want??

Quote:
Here's what I had posted a few days ago:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
On a related note, while passing by from the Ashoka yesterday I did see that the showroom gate was covered with black plastic sheet & the Lamborghini/Bentley names & plaques had been removed. I thought maybe the showroom was under renovation but it could also be that he's had to move out.

Wonder where's opening it next?
Old 19th May 2008, 09:02   #403
v10
BHPian

pic clicked by my younger brother as i was driving..
Attached Thumbnails
Supercars & Imports : Delhi NCR-image042.jpg  

Old 19th May 2008, 09:37   #404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
pic clicked by my younger brother as i was driving..

The Red 430 for sale?
Old 19th May 2008, 11:56   #405
BHPian

Location: Key West, FL - East Brunswick, NJ - New Delhi, INDIA

anyone know how much do the new LCs go for in India?

Most Viewed