Team-BHP > Super-Cars & Imports in India

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2011, 18:36   #4381
Senior - BHPian

re: Supercars & Imports : Delhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagu View Post
Audi should be a R8 and Bentley CGT, have no idea about the merc.
It should most probably be the SLS, the only other Merc I see is V10's SL and the name in the article is not his.
Old 25th July 2011, 19:57   #4382
BHPian

here's a video of the caught cars CGT , R8 v10 and maserati , pics of which are posted in last page .
рд—реНрд░ре‡рдŸрд░ рдире‹рдПрдбрд╛рдƒ рд—рд┐рд░рдлреНрддрд╛рд░ рд╣реБрдП 'рд░рдлреНрддрд╛рд░ рд•ре‡ рд╕рдирд•ре€': AAJ TAK: India

Last edited by Mr. Nobody : 25th July 2011 at 19:58.
Old 25th July 2011, 20:13   #4383
BHPian

TOI said Merc and Aajtak says Maserati ? Strange !
Old 25th July 2011, 20:20   #4384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportygellar View Post
The video proves it,its a Maserati indeed.
I dont know how to comment.
but somehow these fast car's easily come in limelight,but no one bothers about the odd broken down trucks,pedestrians, on expressway
akshay4587 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2011, 22:25   #4385
BANNED

the BMW "M5" isnt actually a M5 its a 5 series with an M styling kit and aftermarket rims.
Old 25th July 2011, 22:36   #4386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by accord masters View Post
the BMW "M5" isnt actually a M5 its a 5 series with an M styling kit and aftermarket rims.
If that's the case then I wonder how it participated in the 'supercar run'
Old 25th July 2011, 22:50   #4387
BANNED

well from the pics you can see it has fog lights and there only one exhaust on the left side of the car while the M5 has two and plus ive seen this car personally ( i wont say where ) and its a 5 with a kit .
The question of it participating in the "supercar run" yesterday it wasnt a supercar run it was a "Drive"
Old 25th July 2011, 22:57   #4388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportygellar View Post
The video shows a Maserati and not a Merc...there are tons of cars racing on the DND everyday...sad that the police never notices the normal cars and the supercar owners have to face such harrassement
Old 26th July 2011, 02:01   #4389
BHPian

M5 Query

The Diesel 5 - Series with the "M" kit seen in the pictures in this thread is not part of the CannonBall Club. It was there for other reasons.
Old 26th July 2011, 12:19   #4390
Senior - BHPian

Some Questions I simply can't figure out:

(This is COMPLETELY my personal opinion. I am not writing this on regard of any group or people.)

• Why can't this incident be a normal over-speeding charge and just be fined off?
  • Does "Speeding" always has to be "Rash and Negligent"?
  • Why did they had to be summoned to Police Station with their vehicles for speeding? 250kmph? As if those "aam janta" had speed guns. (I have a friend who have a speeding ticket of 217kmph clocked in an Elantra 2.0 who was fined 300/- and let off)
  • Why people using super-vehicles (cars, bikes) is always considered to be a bad element and is put in category of criminals? (I found the statement used in the video article very offensive that they cause some of the fatal accidents on the road. Come on!)
  • Why is the media being involved for a petty case?
These are not the questions that came to my mind after this incident, I have personally experienced and been with some friends who had to gone through such situations and worse in their life simply because they own/ride ,let's call it, "different" vehicles, friends who had to spent overnight in "Thane's" for simply, riding a superbike (well within the speed limit). I still feel majority, I mean, MAJORITY of such accidents we come across are caused by eccentric wannabe "Blocks or Pfeiffers". Not the people who respect the capability of their machines.

I am not stating that they can't do crime/mistakes, but why christen them as "prospective criminals"? Does someone caught for a petty charge be brought in front of public/media as "prospective murderers"?
Scorcher is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 12:42   #4391
BANNED

^After reading your above post I have a one thing to tell you. It is just due to their "supercar" tag. Media, people and all this hype. Nobody would bother to cover this on TV if it were a elantra or a skoda for that matter.
Old 26th July 2011, 15:24   #4392
BHPian

This is utter stupidity . "raftaar par lagaam" and "sirfirre ameerzaade" . They're blaming every thing that happens on the highway on them . What about the Meteor sized pot holes in the middle of the highway , broken down side poles , other rash drivers who don't even have supercars but consider their swifts and hypercars ?

AFAIK , Munish Sachdeva has a nice collection of supercars which were featured in a very well known magazine a couple of months ago .
Old 26th July 2011, 15:41   #4393
BHPian

guys are we not deviating a bit too much from the topic here?

to some extent you can't blame the commoners for blaming these guys for being rash. please let's not forget these are public roads and driving at speeds in excess of 120-130 kmph IS reckless.
if these guys want to test their machines and their skills - they have enough resources to go to some racetrack OR heck even make their own track and do their speed runs there.
but if they are out on public roads they HAVE to behave properly.

only because we are car crazy people and are amazed looking at their cars doesn't mean that we should justify their wrong doings by talking about how stupid other drivers on the roads are OR how bad the roads are.
going high speeds on public roads is WRONG. period.

**disclaimer : in no way i am suggesting that the media people are right in making a scene out of smallest of these issues. but 2 guys racing in a swift @ 100 kmph will not be as dangerous as 2 guys racing in supercars @ 200kmph. not that the guys in swift are right either. racing on streets OR even going high speeds on public roads is not right. supercar OR not!
samyakmodi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2011, 15:53   #4394
Senior - BHPian

I agree with you on every word Samyak, if the Swift driver and the Supercar owner did the same offense, why does the Supercar owner have to face the Media and public embarrassment and the Swift owner can simply pay the fine and drive off?

And, calling them "prospective criminals" for the crime they have not committed is in no way justified whatsoever!

Last edited by Scorcher : 26th July 2011 at 15:57.
Old 26th July 2011, 16:32   #4395
BHPian

@scorcher

none of us were there buddy. there are more chances of an exotic/super car driver telling the cops "tu janta nahi mai kaun hu" than a swift driver is what i feel.
and let's be real here. there are only few examples we have here that is of people with good loads of money, great collection of cars and feet still on the ground. read car owner with class. most of the big car owners are known to misbehave with people around, take everything for granted AND insult public servants as if they are some street mongrels. and because of these people others also end up facing music inspite of being decent.

"prospective criminals" i agree was totally uncalled for.

peace.

let's see some more pictures of the canonball club's drive.

Most Viewed